While we are discussing evil, let us not forget the home grown version....

homersapien

*SNIP*

Mmmmmk. :)/>

Look, I get it. You're still bitter about the whole Rand Paul thing.

Would you be so kind as to put me on ignore if you just want to pick fights with me? Your immaturity is getting old.

Number one I'm not bitter at all. You guys are the ones who try and make this stuff personal by questioning people's cognitive skill and overall understanding of a topic. I've been around people like you my entire life. Not bitter at all. Immaturity is a widespread trait that even the smartest people utilize....just like you did with that last sentence.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should shut the country down and split it up. We will never outrun the history some wish to use against the current citizen. Go back farther.....you will find acts of violence, murder, racism.....in just about every ethnic group to ever walk the earth.

I agree with everything but the red part. You'll have to explain that.

What do I have to do with the KKK? What do I have to do with the Crusades? What do I have to do with the rise of ISIS? When will I get to finally live in a nation that gets a grip and decides that those days are over and few of us have anything to do with the past? Trying to explain terrorism using this method works great in class....but not in Syria.

Gee, I must have overlooked some posts. I don't recall anyone saying you did.

And I think your confidence that something like that cannot ever happen again in this country is misplaced and naive. Ever read "Lord of the Flies"?

Let me get this straight....since people in our country might become terrorists we should accept terrorism everywhere? Not sure what this entire thread, or the article used in it, has to do with ISIS or their evil intent but it looks like another attempt to legitimize their actions in some way. The continued racism reruns by the media and liberals is pretty lame....but it's what they do.

You do not see any value in understanding our own history and, using that knowledge as a means of better understanding the behavior of other people? Is history nothing but record keeping? I believe you have misread the reasons as to why this parallel is being drawn. It is not political, or critical, or some sort of justification. It is about understanding. Think about what really caused the KKK to decline.

I never said anything about the value of historical record. Your continued stance with me is unbecoming.

Here's something to understand. Trying to draw parallels between the old KKK and ISIS is just another attempt to quantify their reasoning for what they do. But here's another thing to understand....ISIS doesn't give a damn about our history. They want to destroy us and anyone who doesn't submit to their way of life. You can try and understand them all you want, but they could care less. We are their end game.

The story is not even about the KKK. It's about Americans.

Well. At least the morons in charge have FINALLY admitted what we all knew about Ft Hood. Those that have suffered so mightily from "work place violence " (idiocy) will now recieve their Purple Hearts for that TERRORISTS act.

Thanks Tim. We can always count on you for a cogent statement that gets to the heart of the matter.

Translation: The WH crapped their collective pants. By trying to be PC and score points with the ultra leftist...they are now FORCED to admit this Islamic TERRORIST attack took place. Idiots in fact and deed. ( no charge for the assist. You are welcome).

We should shut the country down and split it up. We will never outrun the history some wish to use against the current citizen. Go back farther.....you will find acts of violence, murder, racism.....in just about every ethnic group to ever walk the earth.

What do I have to do with the KKK? What do I have to do with the Crusades? What do I have to do with the rise of ISIS? When will I get to finally live in a nation that gets a grip and decides that those days are over and few of us have anything to do with the past? Trying to explain terrorism using this method works great in class....but not in Syria.

And I think your confidence that something like that cannot ever happen again in this country is misplaced and naive. Ever read "Lord of the Flies"?

Let me get this straight....since people in our country might become terrorists we should accept terrorism everywhere? Not sure what this entire thread, or the article used in it, has to do with ISIS or their evil intent but it looks like another attempt to legitimize their actions in some way. The continued racism reruns by the media and liberals is pretty lame....but it's what they do.

You do not see any value in understanding our own history and, using that knowledge as a means of better understanding the behavior of other people? Is history nothing but record keeping? I believe you have misread the reasons as to why this parallel is being drawn. It is not political, or critical, or some sort of justification. It is about understanding. Think about what really caused the KKK to decline.

I never said anything about the value of historical record. Your continued stance with me is unbecoming.

Here's something to understand. Trying to draw parallels between the old KKK and ISIS is just another attempt to quantify their reasoning for what they do. But here's another thing to understand....ISIS doesn't give a damn about our history. They want to destroy us and anyone who doesn't submit to their way of life. You can try and understand them all you want, but they could care less. We are their end game.

BWAHAHAHA

I know that! But the KKK was a domestic terror network and I used it as a reference.

They're not related . Period.

How about being two clear examples of evil? If not, please explain why.

Oh, and since you like to play with numbers, what percent of that crowd do you reckon are self-proclaimed Christians?

Attacking Christianity does not help your case homey. You may want to re-think that...

Uh, he's not.

Uh, he is.

No, he's not.

Yes, he is. ( Tag. Your it!) :-)

:rolleyes:

Far be it from me to cure you of your persecution complex.

You can call a dog a cat. Even you should know it is still a K9. Far be it from me to interfere with your misconceptions...

Alright, Mr. Non-sequitur. :laugh:

He's a random thought generator. Give him infinity and he'd write Shakespeare. ;D

They're not related . Period.

How about being two clear examples of evil? If not, please explain why.

Oh, and since you like to play with numbers, what percent of that crowd do you reckon are self-proclaimed Christians?

Attacking Christianity does not help your case homey. You may want to re-think that...

Uh, he's not.

Uh, he is.

No, he's not.

Yes, he is. ( Tag. Your it!) :-)

:rolleyes:/>

Far be it from me to cure you of your persecution complex.

You can call a dog a cat. Even you should know it is still a K9. Far be it from me to interfere with your misconceptions...

Alright, Mr. Non-sequitur. :laugh:/>

He's a random thought generator. Give him infinity and he'd generate Shakespeare. ;D/>

That would make you an incapable of thought generator...right? (Again...no charge. Glad to help)

Well. At least the morons in charge have FINALLY admitted what we all knew about Ft Hood. Those that have suffered so mightily from "work place violence " (idiocy) will now recieve their Purple Hearts for that TERRORISTS act.

Thanks Tim. We can always count on you for a cogent statement that gets to the heart of the matter.

Translation: The WH crapped their collective pants. By trying to be PC and score points with the ultra leftist...they are now FORCED to admit this Islamic TERRORIST attack took place. Idiots in fact and deed. ( no charge for the assist. You are welcome).

I would explain why I don't completely agree with that decision but don't want to be subjected to the wrath of the faux moderator.

*SNIP*

Would you be so kind as to put me on ignore if you just want to pick fights with me? Your immaturity is getting old.

Number one I'm not bitter at all. You guys are the ones who try and make this stuff personal by questioning people's cognitive skill and overall understanding of a topic. I've been around people like you my entire life. Big bitter at all. Immaturity is a widespread trait that even the smartest people utilize....just like you did with that last sentence.

Are we reading the same thread? I make one joke about "Lord of the Flies," ask what you mean, and state that you're missing a point and you're on me like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm!

There's nothing insulting about being told you're missing the point. If I am told I have missed a point, I ask for an explanation. I don't take it as an insult and go off with wall with misguided indignation.

This forum has bred a constant barrage of end-around jabs at people's mental capacity lately...so if I misread your intent then I apologize. I was born on a mill hill a bastard child. I spent not a single day with my mother or father....and by the grace of God and a little luck I was able to escape the life that could have evolved for me. Growing up I was called stupid....dumb.....ignorant. Now I see those same people and they give me my change back at the register around my home town. So....I get a little responsive when I read things a certain way. The internet doesn't bode well for some conversations I guess.

*SNIP*

Mmmmmk. :)

Number one I'm not bitter at all. You guys are the ones who try and make this stuff personal by questioning people's cognitive skill and overall understanding of a topic. I've been around people like you my entire life. Not bitter at all. Immaturity is a widespread trait that even the smartest people utilize....just like you did with that last sentence.

Are we even reading the same thread? I make a joke about "Lord of the Flies," then point out that you've missed Homer's point and you're on me like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

Saying that you've missed a point is not an insult. If I'm told I've missed a point, I ask for an explanation. I don't take it as an insult and go off the wall with misguided indignation.

(Once again, I don't mind these mindless little distractions being moderated, but do it even handedly, please.)

I would explain why I don't completely agree with that decision but don't want to be subjected to the wrath of the faux moderator.

Translation: Can't deny the true facts of this ISLAMIC TERRORIST ATTACK. Now even the administration is forced to admit the truth. (You are welcome)

My posts keep getting snipped. Wonder why that is. :rolleyes:

*SNIP*

Mmmmmk. :)

Number one I'm not bitter at all. You guys are the ones who try and make this stuff personal by questioning people's cognitive skill and overall understanding of a topic. I've been around people like you my entire life. Big bitter at all. Immaturity is a widespread trait that even the smartest people utilize....just like you did with that last sentence.

Are we reading the same thread? I make one joke about "Lord of the Flies," ask what you mean, and state that you're missing a point and you're on me like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm!

There's nothing insulting about being told you're missing the point. If I am told I have missed a point, I ask for an explanation. I don't take it as an insult and go off with wall with misguided indignation.

This forum has bred a constant barrage of end-around jabs at people's mental capacity lately...so if I misread your intent then I apologize. I was born on a mill hill a bastard child. I spent not a single day with my mother or father....and by the grace of God and a little luck I was able to escape the life that could have evolved for me. Growing up I was called stupid....dumb.....ignorant. Now I see those same people and they give me my change back at the register around my home town. So....I get a little responsive when I read things a certain way. The internet doesn't bode well for some conversations I guess.

I understand and I apologize if I come off that way. It's not my intent. It's hard to infer tone on a message board. I did get a tad defensive went completely overboard, myself.

The 'dude' in the White House forgets that he's President, of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, save for when it gets him kick ass vacations and rides on AF1 to lavish fundraisers.

How dare that black man ride on AF 1 and go on vacation! >:(/>

But again, wrong thread.

Hey, someone has to serve the drinks.

But once again, you totally missed the part where I said he's PRESIDENT. It means he should ACT like it, do his damn job, instead of just enjoying the benefits.

That's a cute comeback. You know just how much racism you can dial into a post without getting kicked off.

But I'm glad to hear that using AF 1 and going on vacations isn't presidential. (This is where I might normally plug in some comparisons of Obama to previous POTUS's - including Eisenhower, on of the local favorites, but really, can't you just draw on your memory for once? It's been covered soooooooo many times on this forum.)

Throwing Racism claims with no merit really distracts from Real racism.

Well, to be fair, I changed it to "racial prejudice", which is sort of racism Lite.

Let's face it. There's just not enough words to cover every point on the range from implying a black man would be useful only as a servant to lynching him.

*SNIP*

I understand and I apologize if I come off that way. It's not my intent. It's hard to infer tone on a message board. I did get a tad defensive, myself.

I also think I was in the middle of adding a portion to my post at the bottom of page 4 that you might have missed. iPads are not my friend sometimes.

The 'dude' in the White House forgets that he's President, of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, save for when it gets him kick ass vacations and rides on AF1 to lavish fundraisers.

But again, wrong thread.

But once again, you totally missed the part where I said he's PRESIDENT. It means he should ACT like it, do his damn job, instead of just enjoying the benefits.

That's a cute comeback. You know just how much racism you can dial into a post without getting kicked off.

But I'm glad to hear that using AF 1 and going on vacations isn't presidential. (This is where I might normally plug in some comparisons of Obama to previous POTUS's - including Eisenhower, on of the local favorites, but really, can't you just draw on your memory for once? It's been covered soooooooo many times on this forum.)

Well, to be fair I changed it to "racial prejudice", which is sort of racism Lite.

Homey, we rarely agree but I must admit I often admire your sense of humor. You make me chuckle even when I do not wish to do so. Thanks for that. Have a good evening. I am gonna kick back in my recliner...watch some Fox News and get my marching orders...: - )

I also think I was in the middle of adding a portion to my post at the bottom of page 4 that you might have missed. iPads are not my friend sometimes.

I see what you did there. :cheers:

I need to pull that book back out. I haven't read it in probably a decade and a half. My oldest will probably get it for assigned reading soon enough, though.

Good read, but sixth grade me didn't appreciate it like I do now.

Lawds please let them include finding a cliff to march toward..... :hellyeah:/>

Now that is a very intelligent and well stated post. Really adds to the topic and , well, just the forum in General. I am sure your journalistic uber talent will serve to teach and enlighten many here. Tell Ya what I think I will leave it up. Even give it a bump every few days. Yes sir. That amount of education , worked so hard for by you parents to obtain, should not be allowed......uh, to go to further waste. Okay then. It is settled.

But again, wrong thread.

Well, to be fair I changed it to "racial prejudice", which is sort of racism Lite.

Homey, we rarely agree but I must admit I often admire your sense of humor. You make me chuckle even when I do not wish to do so. Thanks for that. Have a good evening. I am gonna kick back in my recliner...watch some Fox News and get my marching orders...: - )

Now that is HUMOR! Well done WT!

I might just watch some Fox too. I can start working on my counterpoints.

I see what you did there. :cheers:/>

I need to pull that book back out. I haven't read it in probably a decade and a half. My oldest will probably get it for assigned reading soon enough, though.

I wish I could say decade and a half. Lol

I know that! But the KKK was a domestic terror network and I used it as a reference.

That paragraph sounds like you are talking to yourself. No one has made such direct comparisons. And I don't know what you mean by quantifying the way ISIS thinks. This thread is not really about ISIS for that matter. You're trying to read too much into it.

But again, wrong thread.

Now that is HUMOR! Well done WT!

I might just watch some Fox too. I can start working on my counterpoints.

Well played. And to all a good night.

Obama talked about the Crusades. Maybe he should talk about the Mongols.

http://www.washingto...ut-the-mongols/

One thing I know about the Mongols is they took no prisoners kill everyone and keep riding to the next place. In there mind prisoners just held them up timewise. Some of the best horsemen while shooting with a bow and arrow. Ruthless is too kind of a word for them

That's pretty much true of everyone in the middle ages. I'm currently reading a historical novel about the Vikings raiding and invading England. The Mongols got nuttin' on the Vikings. And these were Europeans! ;)

Your wrong numnuts Vikings couldn't ride a horse if they had to. And how did it end with the Vikings invading England not very well I believe.

"numnuts"???

I'll have you to know that my nuts are just fine, thank you. Now my prostate on the other hand...... :no:

Obama talked about the Crusades. Maybe he should talk about the Mongols.

http://www.washingto...ut-the-mongols/

One thing I know about the Mongols is they took no prisoners kill everyone and keep riding to the next place. In there mind prisoners just held them up timewise. Some of the best horsemen while shooting with a bow and arrow. Ruthless is too kind of a word for them

That's pretty much true of everyone in the middle ages. I'm currently reading a historical novel about the Vikings raiding and invading England. The Mongols got nuttin' on the Vikings. And these were Europeans! ;)/>

Your wrong numnuts Vikings couldn't ride a horse if they had to. And how did it end with the Vikings invading England not very well I believe.

"numnuts"???

I'll have you to know that my nuts are just fine, thank you. Now my prostate on the other hand...... :no:/>

That sux. Not the c word I hope....

I see what you did there. :cheers:

I wish I could say decade and a half. Lol

Crack it open. You'll tear right through it. The symbolism perfectly applicable to just about any society and ties into Homer's point well.

Archived