Null

bigsixfive

2019 4* QB Bo Nix Commits to AU!!!

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Is there a chance that he will be the number one quarterback in the country this year?

My guess is that he will be in the hunt for it. A lot of water will pass under the bridge before anybody claims that position though.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Mikey said:

My guess is that he will be in the hunt for it. A lot of water will pass under the bridge before anybody claims that position though.

We will see in the Fall. Definitely a chance! 

9 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Is there a chance that he will be the number one quarterback in the country this year?

He is number one in my book, if that matters to you!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Yes there's a chance. Justin Fields went from a 3* to the #1 player in the nation in 4-6 months. Trevor Lawrence recently just took it back from him.

I know Bo is a legacy and was more than likely going to cast his lot with Auburn. But I wonder how much the extension given to Gus had to do with Bo pulling the trigger this early?

6 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I know Bo is a legacy and was more than likely going to cast his lot with Auburn. But I wonder how much the extension given to Gus had to do with Bo pulling the trigger this early?

He had already planned to commit around this time.

5 hours ago, milehighfan said:

It had to help. Not long ago Jimbo Fisher was thought to be a big player in Bo's decision. Seems like Gus's new contract put the skids to that.

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Yes, but the question was commit to where? Gus's guaranteed stability at AU provided a clear picture of what the situation at Auburn would be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

It had to help. Not long ago Jimbo Fisher was thought to be a big player in Bo's decision. Seems like Gus's new contract put the skids to that.

Yes, but the question was commit to where? Gus's guaranteed stability at AU provided a clear picture of what the situation at Auburn would be.

Maybe, the incoming AD can step up to the plate with a contract for CCL that keeps him here for a long time.

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Had planned to do it over the Summer. The extension helped getting him committed quicker.

19 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Maybe, the incoming AD can step up to the plate with a contract for CCL that keeps him here for a long time.

I don't see the need right now. He has 2 years left on his current contract & is not up for any HC jobs.

• Like 1