Major terrorist attack in Paris happening now.

AURaptor

Even if only 1 percent of the 1.5 billion Muslims were radical terrorists, that number is still into the millions... I don't think you can wipe that out easily.

What if that # is far greater ? What if 20-30-40% are either radicalized or sympathetic to the radical cause ?

We didn't have to "wipe out " all the Germans to end NAZIism . What makes you think we'd have to do the same with ALL of Islam ?

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if only 1 percent of the 1.5 billion Muslims were radical terrorists, that number is still into the millions... I don't think you can wipe that out easily.

What if that # is far greater ? What if 20-30-40% are either radicalized or sympathetic to the radical cause ?

We didn't have to "wipe out " all the Germans to end NAZIism . What makes you think we'd have to do the same with ALL of Islam ?

I never implied we have to. Around4ever implied if the percentage of radicals is so small, the Kurds should be able to handle them easily.

The Kurds should be allowed to defend their own, I'll agree with that much. Allowed and armed, and not left to fend for themselves, as sadly has been the case for far too long.

But Paris... sounds like President Hollande is going to unleash a load of pain bigger than a bread basket on Daesh / Islamic State, calling it an act of war on the French people.

There are over 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. Let's not act like there are only a few decent and honest Muslims. If anything, it's the exact opposite, the terrorists that just so happen to be Muslim are only few. Like the Christians that used to be KKK. If the Muslims were as bad as yall say they are, we would be probably be dead right now. Just saying. And it's not fair to lump the moderate Muslims in such a negative stereotype as being a terrorist when I can gurantee they suffer more deaths from the terrorists than the rest of us do.

Yes, the extremist are a small minority of the 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. The problem is, that if the majority of Muslims are decent and honest people why haven't they helped irradicate the extremist who are giving all decent and honest Muslims a bad name. Never do you hear of mainstream Muslims denouncing acts of violence and murders by the extremist. It appears from the outside that if you aren't helping resolve a problem, you are part of the problem.

I was going to post something similar to this, but instead I'll simply repeat the highlighted, above. When I see public outrage and action by the alleged throngs of "good" Moslems against against the terrorists, then I'll believe it. Until then their inaction is tacit approval and they are part of the problem.

If thousands of Kurds fighting Daesh on three fronts isnt enough to convince you, nothing will.

If the radicals are that much of a minority, the Kurds and others should be able to wipe them out with support from the rest of the world. Muslim leaders are not doing enough to denounce the acts of terrorism, especially in the USA.

Are you paying attention or just spouting nonsense?

http://www.wsj.com/a...iraq-1447408307

All heads of State. Where are the leaders of the Muslim religion? Where are comments from Muslim leaders in the US? If Islam is a religion of peace, these people should be doing all they can to stop the extremist.

There are over 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. Let's not act like there are only a few decent and honest Muslims. If anything, it's the exact opposite, the terrorists that just so happen to be Muslim are only few. Like the Christians that used to be KKK. If the Muslims were as bad as yall say they are, we would be probably be dead right now. Just saying. And it's not fair to lump the moderate Muslims in such a negative stereotype as being a terrorist when I can gurantee they suffer more deaths from the terrorists than the rest of us do.

Yes, the extremist are a small minority of the 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. The problem is, that if the majority of Muslims are decent and honest people why haven't they helped irradicate the extremist who are giving all decent and honest Muslims a bad name. Never do you hear of mainstream Muslims denouncing acts of violence and murders by the extremist. It appears from the outside that if you aren't helping resolve a problem, you are part of the problem.

I was going to post something similar to this, but instead I'll simply repeat the highlighted, above. When I see public outrage and action by the alleged throngs of "good" Moslems against against the terrorists, then I'll believe it. Until then their inaction is tacit approval and they are part of the problem.

If thousands of Kurds fighting Daesh on three fronts isnt enough to convince you, nothing will.

If the radicals are that much of a minority, the Kurds and others should be able to wipe them out with support from the rest of the world. Muslim leaders are not doing enough to denounce the acts of terrorism, especially in the USA.

All heads of State. Where are the leaders of the Muslim religion? Where are comments from Muslim leaders in the US? If Islam is a religion of peace, these people should be doing all they can to stop the extremist.

Click on the NYT article above...

Random reports coming in now... a Paris bound plane is grounded due to threats over twitter. A suspect in Germany is arrested w/ suspected ties to the attackers in Paris.

Reminds me of the chaos and flurry of news stories which followed 9-11.

Oh, come on - are you serious? The Kurds are fighting for their lives, not to stand up against ISIS based on morals or principals. They are fighting because ISIS believes, in their screwball mentality, that the Kurds deserve to be eradictaced because they are a different denomination of the same religion.

As for those of you that tried to make an absurd comparison between Islam and "right wing Christianity" you need to get your head out of obama's posterior. When networks of Christian Extremists kill thousands of innocent people, take over chunks or real estate greater in size than the UK, and on multiple continents, torture and execute people for sport like ISIS does, and trade women like baseball cards we can start to have a conversation about comparing Christianity to Islam, but for now it's just another proclamation of your ignorance.

I'll wait patiently for some knucklehead to try and tie in the Crusades....

Yep, we're screwed...

I did. Again, all Heads of State or State Officials. No comments from Muslim religious leaders. In fact, The Pope was the only religious leader referenced in the article.

So....I guess we live with the threat forever? I don't want more war.....but war is coming. The only way to "wipe" out this threat is to use massive troop deployments and shut out the media (not sure that is possible anymore). We won WWII because we put everything we had on the table. There wasn't a lot of "rules of engagement" per se. It was about winning the war. I personally don't think we have the stomach for it anymore so the threat will be here for a long time.

I did. Again, all Heads of State or State Officials. No comments from Muslim religious leaders. In fact, The Pope was the only religious leader referenced in the article.

Moving the goal post. Got it.

Really?!? Can some of you just let the world mourn for a few hours before you start with the self righteous b.s.? Can we not show some compassion for those families who now find themselves planning funerals? Facts are still being uncovered, and I plan to let things come to light before jumping to radical conclusions. In the meantime, I will be praying for the victims and their families, our world leaders who likely have some big decisions to be made in the coming days, and that the world can ultimately work toward peace.

I apologize but it's times like these that present a very small window to inform because very soon the American population will be back to all you can eat buffets xbox and the mall.

Have no problem with informing. Have problems with arguing over the politics right now. As I said, the situation is fluid and facts continue to pour out. But going back and forth about one's negative opinions on Muslims seems highly inappropriate at this time.

It's 2015. The days of reflection are over. I don't know if it's inappropriate or not since this isn't the first time an event like this has happened and yet the threat continues to persist and grow. The one fact, from eyewitness accounts, is that the killers yelled out radical shouts and talking about Iraq and Syria while mowing down their prey. Pretty sure there's a tie here.

Oh, come on - are you serious? The Kurds are fighting for their lives, not to stand up against ISIS based on morals or principals. They are fighting because ISIS believes, in their screwball mentality, that the Kurds deserve to be eradictaced because they are a different denomination of the same religion.

As for those of you that tried to make an absurd comparison between Islam and "right wing Christianity" you need to get your head out of obama's posterior. When networks of Christian Extremists kill thousands of innocent people, take over chunks or real estate greater in size than the UK, and on multiple continents, torture and execute people for sport like ISIS does, and trade women like baseball cards we can start to have a conversation about comparing Christianity to Islam, but for now it's just another proclamation of your ignorance.

You keep jumping from the Muslims to extremists to Islam and then to ISIS when all are not synonymous. We all have problems with Muslim terrorists killing people like it is a sport. It's not like all Muslims are terrorists though. No one made a comparison between Islam and right wing Christianity.

You keep jumping from the Muslims to extremists to Islam and then back to Islam when all are not synonymous. We all have problems with Muslim terrorists killing people like it is a sport. It's not like all Muslims are terrorists though. No one made a comparison between Islam and right wing Christianity.

Except you and your sick mind just did; and this surprises ... No one!

These radicals and their supporters number in the millions. It could be stopped without firing a

shot if the non-radical Muslim so called leaders would take a stand. They refuse, even when asked! They are just as bad!

Really?!? Can some of you just let the world mourn for a few hours before you start with the self righteous b.s.? Can we not show some compassion for those families who now find themselves planning funerals? Facts are still being uncovered, and I plan to let things come to light before jumping to radical conclusions. In the meantime, I will be praying for the victims and their families, our world leaders who likely have some big decisions to be made in the coming days, and that the world can ultimately work toward peace.

I apologize but it's times like these that present a very small window to inform because very soon the American population will be back to all you can eat buffets xbox and the mall.

Have no problem with informing. Have problems with arguing over the politics right now. As I said, the situation is fluid and facts continue to pour out. But going back and forth about one's negative opinions on Muslims seems highly inappropriate at this time.

It's 2015. The days of reflection are over. I don't know if it's inappropriate or not since this isn't the first time an event like this has happened and yet the threat continues to persist and grow. The one fact, from eyewitness accounts, is that the killers yelled out radical shouts and talking about Iraq and Syria while mowing down their prey. Pretty sure there's a tie here.

The days of reflection are never over. The battlefield is evolving.

High speed train derails south of Paris.

Connected ? To be determined.

P.S. - early reports are that it was a test train, w/ only crew on board , which some how caught fire and then fell over on its side. 5 dead. No signs of foul play , at this time.

Titan will you please ban AU24 from the political board. He always spews out a bunch of hateful nonsense over here and he is constantly trying to pick a fight just because I stopped him from treating others like s*** on the football forum.

You keep jumping from the Muslims to extremists to Islam and then back to Islam when all are not synonymous. We all have problems with Muslim terrorists killing people like it is a sport. It's not like all Muslims are terrorists though. No one made a comparison between Islam and right wing Christianity.

These radicals and their supporters number in the millions. It could be stopped without firing a

shot if the non-radical Muslim so called leaders would take a stand. They refuse, even when asked! They are just as bad!

Jeff has a deep understanding of this fight. His many deployments trump your righteous indignation. Chill out.

The days of reflection are never over. The battlefield is evolving.

True...but I'm talking about the battlefield known to civilians as social media. lol

Jeff has a deep understanding of this fight. His many deployments trump your righteous indignation. Chill out.

So true. Let's take about 30 seconds and Jeff can tell us everything he knows about defeating terrorist and terrorism.

So true. Let's take about 30 seconds and Jeff can tell us everything he knows about defeating terrorist and terrorism.

Oh I see. You are just a douche bag.

Let's not forget the mass importing of age 18-45 male refugees currently happening.

Media not reporting their landfall for obvious reasons.

They have arrived. Who knows, maybe they will be the first immigrants ever to not bring a single lawbreaker with them.

Let's not forget the mass importing of age 18-45 male refugees currently happening.

Media not reporting their landfall for obvious reasons.

They have arrived. Who knows, maybe they will be the first immigrants ever to not bring a single lawbreaker with them.

Wouldn't an intelligent person think that there would be more women and children refugees than 18-45 male refugees? Just asking... Go...

Yes he is. I have a funny for you. One time a Major decided to be a douchebag to me and my driver when I was gunning in a Mat-V while escorting him from fob to fob. So I coordinated with the driver through our headset to hit a bump hard just so I could spill dip spit all over his ass. That Major never rode with our platoon again. And my lieutenant high fived me later on.

It just feels good when D bags get what they deserve.

Yes he is. I have a funny for you. One time a Major decided to be a douchebag to me and my driver when I was gunning in a Mat-V while escorting him from fob to fob. So I coordinated with the driver through our headset to hit a bump hard just so I could spill dip spit all over his ass. That Major never rode with our platoon again. And my lieutenant high fived me later on.

It just feels good when D bags get what they deserve.

Awesome! You'll need to break down all those acronyms for mr. D bag.

Archived