Softball vs. florida State - game 2

Carlee Wallace is in one helluva batting slump. She was hitting well earlier but it seems like it's been several games since she's had any sort of hit. She needs to get going again and it wouldn't hurt if Haley Fagan and her big stick got well enough to play.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carlee Wallace is in one helluva batting slump. She was hitting well earlier but it seems like it's been several games since she's had any sort of hit. She needs to get going again and it wouldn't hurt if Haley Fagan and her big stick got well enough to play.

True...and about Fagan..any plans for her to be back this year....getting kind of late.

Last I heard, Fagan's rehab hadn't been going as well as they had hoped as of late. I don't expect her back at all this year. Whitney Jordan has done a great job at shortstop but Fagan just brings more at the plate and its a shame she has missed the whole season thus far. We could really use her bat in the lineup. If we could get a little more consistency from the bottom half of the order, there's no telling how good we could be. I'll take 42-5 though. 9 games left in the regular season. 6 of them at home.

Hasn't Fagan already used her redshirt year? That would mean this season is just lost for her unless the NCAA grants a medical redshirt 6th year.

Hasn't Fagan already used her redshirt year? That would mean this season is just lost for her unless the NCAA grants a medical redshirt 6th year.

Could be that's why they were working to get her back this year.....but sounds like a no-go. NCAA has been pretty good about the medical redshirt situation if she wants to make the effort. As noted....probably her bat is missed more than her glove....and a little more punch at the bottom on the line-up could make a big difference.

And next season we are losing Howard, Carosone and Rhodes....would be nice to have Fagan's bat and glove available wouldn't it.

Could be that's why they were working to get her back this year.....but sounds like a no-go. NCAA has been pretty good about the medical redshirt situation if she wants to make the effort. As noted....probably her bat is missed more than her glove....and a little more punch at the bottom on the line-up could make a big difference.

And next season we are losing Howard, Carosone and Rhodes....would be nice to have Fagan's bat and glove available wouldn't it.

She's a redshirt Junior, so she'll be back next year regardless. I don't know how it works with extra years for other sports, but I would think they could apply for a medical redshirt and she would have 2 years left to play if she chose to stay that long. Would be nice to have her for the next 2 years but at the same time, her bat would help us quite a bit this year if they chose to bring her back(when she's ready)

She's a redshirt Junior, so she'll be back next year regardless. I don't know how it works with extra years for other sports, but I would think they could apply for a medical redshirt and she would have 2 years left to play if she chose to stay that long. Would be nice to have her for the next 2 years but at the same time, her bat would help us quite a bit this year if they chose to bring her back(when she's ready)

Good point...guess a case could be made for bringing her back as late as the Regionals if she had her batting eye....and was willing to give up the year for a solid shot at a CWCS championship this season. That could be a tough call.

Archived