Auburn Track and Field

augolf1716

Looks to me that AU is just checking off a box when claiming to have a Track and Field program. I'm thinking they could just go with a bunch of walk-ons and do about as well.

Interesting to me that most of the AU records in Men's T and F are 15-20 years old with a scattering of more recent times or distances.

http://www.auburntigers.com/pdfs/c-track/history/records.pdf

At one time we produced world class Olympians. Glance says hello.

Yes, I know it isn't a revenue producing sport. If we field a team, field a team.

Agree, funny thing is, if you look at the roster we have athletes from all over the world in both men's and women's track and field. Perhaps we can't get truly world-class athletes , but makes me wonder who is scouting the athletes that we get and developing them after they arrive in Auburn.

The athletes travel all over the country participating in special meets but it would be nice, if we were more competitive as long as we are spending the money to put forth teams in the sport.

It hasn't been that long ago since our women won the NCAA meet, and that was with Coach Spry at the helm. I don't understand the problem.

It hasn't been that long ago since our women won the NCAA meet, and that was with Coach Spry at the helm. I don't understand the problem.

Facilities? Just a guess...

Other schools put more emphasis on the sport, and a lot more money into facilities, which allows them to attract the better athletes. At Auburn, Track & Field is almost invisible.

Archived