2017 H-Back recruiting

wildlife alumni

I had a question about the plan of the coaches recruit a FB. It has seemed the running game has worked best in the past with that Porsch type of guy. We kind of have that with cox, but who do we really have behind him now that KP is a full time RB? Are the coaches going after anyone in this year or next to back up Cox? I know miller may play there, but it looks a lot like he will be a RB. Just thinking to much about recruiting on a rainy evening I guess.

I agree we need to be recruiting a backup/replacement. It took a couple of seasons for Cox to settle in. I'd like to see us always have 2 of those type guys on the roster. And use talented big backs like Miller and Pettway running the ball. Our running game is at its best with a bruiser.

3 hours ago, wildlife alumni said:

I had a question about the plan of the coaches recruit a FB. It has seemed the running game has worked best in the past with that Porsch type of guy. We kind of have that with cox, but who do we really have behind him now that KP is a full time RB? Are the coaches going after anyone in this year or next to back up Cox? I know miller may play there, but it looks a lot like he will be a RB. Just thinking to much about recruiting on a rainy evening I guess.

Until recentlyt the staff was not going to take a HB in this class. Now they appear open to the idea of possible taking 1 HB or a 2nd TE.

Archived