Men vs. Mercer - Game Thread

WarTiger

Wiley fouled and will shoot 1 and 1.   Auburn already in the bonus with 12:27 to play.   FT good.  Bonus no good..   Auburn trailing 50-49.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn gets a steal on the baseline inbounds pass and Johnson is fouled.  Shooting 1 and 1.  FT good.  Bonus good.  Auburn leads 51-50 and is still in a full court press

Lang pushed from behind on the defensive end getting a rebound and will shoot 1 and 1.   FT good.  2nd good.  Auburn leads 53-50

Liked what I've seen from Wiley. It's clear he's getting attention when he's on the floor. Looks more athletic than the last time I saw him play as well. Should be a good one. 

Wiley offensive rebound and he's fouled on the shot attempt.  1st good.  2nd no good.    Hustle by Ronnie Johnson to save the ball going out of bounds, pass to Dunans and he lays it in.  56-52. 

Smith spins to drive baseline and is fouled.   Smith shooting 2..  double bonus.  1st good.  2nd good.  61-55 Auburn.  Auburn pressing and gets a trap in the corner and forces a timeout.

Danjel has been absent tonight. As has defense. AU just chafing people around the defensive end and leaving shooters open. Can't be how Bruce is teaching them to defend. 

They don't have anyone that can guard DP or Heron when they get it in the soft spot of the zone. Shades of Marquis vs Syracuse 

Got to say, these refs are just awful. Foul on Lang was on a guy who was out of bounds with the ball. Then Mercer has a guy hurt laying in the lane and they let play continue?

14 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Liked what I've seen from Wiley. It's clear he's getting attention when he's on the floor. Looks more athletic than the last time I saw him play as well. Should be a good one. 

Only positive I've seen in this game.  We have played very poorly all over the court. Our defense and rebounding have been astonishingly awful, as well as our shot selection and composure. If we win this game, it will be on talent alone.  Must be a let down game after the huge win.  Sure hope we pull this one out as a loss here could severely damage our post season chances. 

Just now, WarTiger said:

All he did was tip the ball.  reaching in is NOT a foul. That was a clean steal...

I know you don't care for complaining about refs, but these guys are really bad today. 

Archived