New DB Coach discussion (Merged)

Metalsinger418

33 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

That could be said for any coach moving up.  IE Lane at Turd town says he is staying through NC.  Why wouldn't McGriff stay through Jan 2?  Still has plenty of time to get moved to Ol' Piss.  Plus doesn't the dead period go into Jan.  What is he going to really achieve at OM in that time?  Not saying you are wrong E.  That just seems wrong to me.  Seems like to me he should fulfill his commitment to AU before bailing.  But I feel that way for any of the coaches with a new job.  You are not done with your current job until their season is done.

Big difference from a position coach not playing for a Natty moving to a new coordinator job  at a school whose staff must win and may only have 1 year left at a school if they don't win big and a coordinator responsible for an entire side of the ball plus coaching for a Natty. CWM has absolutely nothing to gain and potentially a lot more to lose in the long run shoiuld he stay through Jan. 2.

Also in the dead period there is a lot of recruiting done. Recruits can still make unlimited calls plus both sides can have unlimited texts and social media contact. He could achieve a lot of recruiting that needs to be done.

Lastly, I guarantee you that Gus will not see this as bailing. While Gus hates to lose him he will be happy for the opportunity CWM has. CWM now has a bigger job with a lot more responsibility. Also most of his recruiting for AU was finished this year anyway. No reason to stay just to stay right now.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Which former Auburn great DB with no coaching experience is available?

He doesn't quite fit your description, but Karibi Dede is a defensive Quality Control assistant at Louisville.

WDE!

Of all the coaches I would have hated to see leave, one would have been Steele and the other,  CWM. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Surely, Malzahn saw Mcgriff's leaving as a strong possibility and has already had feelers out.

4 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Malzahn saw Mcgriff's leaving as a strong possibility and has already had feelers out.

You're right, Coaches always have a list or file on who they would like and whom they think is possible to get.  He already has his list.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

That might be the end of Golf.  Come on phone! Ring, baby ring!

I'm a little worried about Golf now.  That was the ultimate setup and,,, nothing from him.  

I was expecting him to take that softball over the middle of the plate deeeeeeeep.

He never fails to disappoint.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

I'm a little worried about Golf now.  That was the ultimate setup and,,, nothing from him.  

I was expecting him to take that softball over the middle of the plate deeeeeeeep.

He never fails to disappoint.

No worries... afternoon nap.

15 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

It is not going to surprise me one bit if Karibi Dede is your next secondary coach 

I would. He's an off field coach right now and has never been an on field coach at the college level. He would have to be an on field coach at some college before he would be a candidate at AU.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

This. Troy was one of the worst pass defense teams in college football. Since Pogue got there he has taken them from the 120s in pass D to top 30 and Top 25 the last 2 years. Plus he knows the recruiting area.

Coach Pogue was my DB coach in high school at Lee Montgomery. He has the tenacity and attitude that kids will respond to and that will translate in recruiting. I hope we get him. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

You're right, Coaches always have a list or file on who they would like and whom they think is possible to get.  He already has his list.

I figured he did. I didn't think he was going to have the staff in a room and ask, anybody got any ideas?

18 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I figured he did. I didn't think he was going to have the staff in a room and ask, anybody got any ideas?

Hahaha that happens a lot though...just not at this level.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I really hope it isn't a former player. We desperately need to get out of that mindset.

Completely agree. That was the reason for my jest earlier. 

3 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Maybe TRob is ready to come back home.  

I would not bet on that.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I really hope it isn't a former player. We desperately need to get out of that mindset.

We need to get out of that mentality but it will not happen with the current regime in place, and do not just mean HC.  

Archived