New DB Coach discussion (Merged)

Metalsinger418

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He doesn't know. The REC pounced on Foster as soon as there was blood in the water. Not Tropper. 

I&d love to hear some other recruits Troop was pushing away. 

And you people don't need to worry, Troop isn't coming back. 

I agree Troop is not coming back, and yes REC was all over Foster, but Troop was no friend during that time frame before he re- committed to them. But I appreciate you keeping us all up to date Jay since your word is final. Don't you have a AD dept to run instead of worrying about this board?

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on guys, it's the holidays.  Peace, Good Will, Tidings of Comfort and JOY, Be Merry......

Y'all act like you've got a reindeer up your arse.

Mike Reed (Clemson).

Now hold on, hear me out - I do not think Mike is interested in a HC position yet and don't see it taking a Dabo departure for him to come to the Plains. For his history and recent success, he's grossly underpaid. With a healthy raise and a title like co-defensive coordinator or even assistant head coach, he may entertain the thought. Upside, he's actually an upgrade IMO from the terrific crime dog. Downside - lots of recruiting time gone waiting to announce our new coach, plus he would probably be another one & done secondary coach (which frankly I don't see as a horrible thing with rising-star position coaches). 

32 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

He doesn't know. The REC pounced on Foster as soon as there was blood in the water. Not Tropper. 

I&d love to hear some other recruits Troop was pushing away. 

And you people don't need to worry, Troop isn't coming back. 

Well you know the other big one was BMatt saying Troop pushed Evans to Bama after AU fired him but you have shot that one down before.

22 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well you know the other big one was BMatt saying Troop pushed Evans to Bama after AU fired him but you have shot that one down before.

No way that happened. Evans was a set up once Bama got a hold of him. He was a pawn in their plan to make us look bad two years in a row. It was also payback from the Dad. Back to the coach though,  I'll bet Coach Steele already has someone in mind for this one.  

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

I agree Troop is not coming back, and yes REC was all over Foster, but Troop was no friend during that time frame before he re- committed to them. But I appreciate you keeping us all up to date Jay since your word is final. Don't you have a AD dept to run instead of worrying about this board?

My word is far from final but what I'm saying about Troop is the truth. 

12 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Wan't there a coach at Auburn High we're supposed to be up in arms about regarding Evans / Foster...Tim Carter?

Wasn't much Tim could do once the kids aren't playing football anymore. 

36 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

As JGT said, interesting timing

Looks like he's off the list. I'm sure CKS already has 2-3 on his short list. Wouldn't be surprised if we have one named immediately after the Sugar Bowl. 

40 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Who else is there that Auburn can hire?

Al Pogue but not sure yet that he is top of CKS's list.

Any thoughts that they may be waiting until the NFL season is over before interviewing for DB coaches?  Everyone seems to want someone with NFL and CFB experience, so why wouldn't they wait until NFL regular season is "officially" over, before beginning talks.

I know this sounds crazy and it won't happen, but I'd like to have Gene as our DB coach. But like I said, I know that won't happen. I watched James Madison and NDS last week, I think Gus needs to get in touch with the DB coach at James Madison.

3 hours ago, WDEfromTN said:

Any thoughts that they may be waiting until the NFL season is over before interviewing for DB coaches?  Everyone seems to want someone with NFL and CFB experience, so why wouldn't they wait until NFL regular season is "officially" over, before beginning talks.

Then it's the post season.  Then you've lost any time to recruit before signing day.  The best bet is to get someone on the recruiting trail asap.

16 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Then it's the post season.  Then you've lost any time to recruit before signing day.  The best bet is to get someone on the recruiting trail asap.

I agree that is a reasonable approach, however, i don't think Gus thinks that way (i know it's CKS's decision) he is way too cautious and deliberate for that kind of decision. He would wait until February. 

I would hope they have already contacted whoever they are considering, and have the decision made and are waiting for the appropriate time to announce it.  But I'm always over optimistic about that kind of stuff.  I'm sure we'll build up whomever they hire to be one of the best recruiters and developers of talent in football, until they aren't.

41 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I would hope they have already contacted whoever they are considering, and have the decision made and are waiting for the appropriate time to announce it.  But I'm always over optimistic about that kind of stuff.  I'm sure we'll build up whomever they hire to be one of the best recruiters and developers of talent in football, until they aren't.

Really? what coaching staff are you talking about?   

Anyone know anything on Galen Scott or Brian Mitchell at VT. They both came up from Memphis last year after the bowl game against us where they got 3 picks. They did well at Memphis and VT was a top 20 in pass defense this year. Neither is highly paid. Galen has an asst. HC title . WDE

Archived