Republicans approval of Putin soars

TexasTiger

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

You mean as compared to being secretely obligated to frickin' Putin ??!     :laugh:  :lmao:

Right. So secret that you can't offer any substantive proof to back up your silly claim. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Just looking for a rational reason for your posts that doesn't assume a permanent condition. ;)

15 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Just looking for a rational reason for your posts that doesn't assume a permanent condition. ;)

Alas, another fart. :nopityA:

28 minutes ago, homersapien said:

yet.

Yeah, get back to us on that, why don't ya. 

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Back to the original post, what rational American would approve of a scumwad like Putin?

Approval does not equal .. nevermind. You'll twist that aroind too. 

8 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Approval does not equal .. nevermind. You'll twist that aroind too. 

There's no twisting.  Just looking at what was stated:

Now, about 37 percent of self-identified Republicans say they view Putin very or somewhat favorably,...

So my simple question remains.  If you'd like to rephrase it to "view favorably", fine.  "What rational American would view a scumwad like Putin very or somewhat favorably?"

1. 37 % means 63% don't. And it could be meant several ways , as in view him as a capable, formidable leader. As I've said before, you can admire & despise a person at the same time. 

Just now, AURaptor said:

1. 37 % means 63% don't.

This would be a relevant thing to point out had I said anything about a "majority."  Don't start inserting tangents that aren't pertinent to the conversation.

Just now, AURaptor said:

And it could be meant several ways , as in view him as a capable, formidable leader. As I've said before, you can admire & despise a person at the same time. 

People don't view someone "favorably" on such a basis.  

I never said that you said a majority of Republicans. Now you are just weaseling after the fact. This is a non-issue. Your poll simply says that "Republicans "favorably view. 

I could easily just as well claim that Democrats favorably view Fidel  Castro. Only that would be more relevant, as I bet more choose him over Republicans choosing Putin 

14 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

I never said that you said a majority of Republicans. Now you are just weaseling after the fact. This is a non-issue. Your poll simply says that "Republicans "favorably view. 

Don't try to pawn of the weasel thing on someone else and then not even use it correctly.  I agree it's a non-issue, which is what I just said before you did.  Which is also why it wasn't relevant for you to mention the 63%.  The point was, 37% is too damn many people, especially considering the number has gone up.  I simply want to know why so many supposedly rational Americans would view him favorably.

I could easily just as well claim that Democrats favorably view Fidel  Castro. Only that would be more relevant, as I bet more choose him over Republicans choosing Putin 

Could you produce a stat that says almost 40% do?  I tend to assume that somewhere around 8-10% of people hold idiotic views on literally any subject.  It's like ground clutter on weather radar.  Rasmussen produced this poll from last year showing that only 10% of Americans hold "very" or "somewhat" favorable views on Fidel Castro:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/cuba/u_s_voters_still_view_fidel_castro_unfavorably

I'm not statistical expert, but I'm pretty sure my math education is enough to tell that if north of 37% of Democrats in this country held him in favorable view, that overall number wouldn't be at 10%.

I think it is safe to say that many polls  and predictions have been turned on their head. 

There is no possible way Donald Trump’s team actually believes this is their path to 270

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/25/there-is-no-possible-way-donald-trumps-team-actually-believes-this-is-their-path-to-270/?utm_term=.4d20de3f581e

13 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

I think it is safe to say that many polls  and predictions have been turned on their head. 

There is no possible way Donald Trump’s team actually believes this is their path to 270

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/25/there-is-no-possible-way-donald-trumps-team-actually-believes-this-is-their-path-to-270/?utm_term=.4d20de3f581e

Can we stop with the "polls are wholly unreliable" schtick?  You know better.  The national polling was basically spot on.  The polling in a few key states was off by a few points which swung the Electoral College.  It's not like the polls were saying Hillary was going to win the election by 17% and it ended up being 2%.  

According to Real Clear Politics poll averages leading up to election day, we had:
Pennsylvania:  Clinton +1.9.  Trump won by 0.2%
Michigan:  Clinton +3.4, Trump  won by 0.3%
Wisconsin:  Clinton +6.5, Trump won by 0.7%

So the worst of them all, Wisconsin, you had a 7 point swing and one of the polls contributing to the average had a margin of error of 4.9%

The polls are generally close.  Your deflection is silly.  Either show some data where your claims about the Dems and Castro look like they have some merit or concede the point and get back to my original question.

2 hours ago, AURaptor said:

1. 37 % means 63% don't. And it could be meant several ways , as in view him as a capable, formidable leader. As I've said before, you can admire & despise a person at the same time. 

:party:

:laugh: :roflol:

1 hour ago, AURaptor said:

I just did show ... 

:laugh:

i give up. Trump won. I win 

No, you didn't "just show" anything other than you like to exaggerate and don't understand the difference in statistical polling and the Electoral College.

You said,  I could easily just as well claim that Democrats favorably view Fidel  Castro. Only that would be more relevant, as I bet more choose him over Republicans choosing Putin 

I posted some actual polling from a conservative leaning pollster that proved that your claim is likely horse***t.  So, back to the point weasel...why do you suppose such a large swatch of ostensibly rational Americans view Putin favorably?

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No, you didn't "just show" anything other than you like to exaggerate and don't understand the difference in statistical polling and the Electoral College.

You said,  I could easily just as well claim that Democrats favorably view Fidel  Castro. Only that would be more relevant, as I bet more choose him over Republicans choosing Putin 

I posted some actual polling from a conservative leaning pollster that proved that your claim is likely horse***t.  So, back to the point weasel...why do you suppose such a large swatch of ostensibly rational Americans view Putin favorably?

Don't know, don't care. You've lost all standing in even attempting to have a civil conversation w/ me. I'll no longer acquiesces to those who name call me and then demand I respond to moronic questions like the one you posed. 

13 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

I tried to smokescreen and bull**** my way out of answering a direct question for the 10,000th time, Titan wasn't having any of it, so I'll take my ball and go home pretending it's all his fault.

Translation provided.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Nothing of any significance , what so ever 

Gee, it's fun to put words into other people's mouths !! 

19 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Don't know, don't care. You've lost all standing in even attempting to have a civil conversation w/ me. I'll no longer acquiesces to those who name call me and then demand I respond to moronic questions like the one you posed. 

No, what you've done is step into yet another thread, completely avoid the topic at hand, fail to answer specific questions, attempt to obfuscate and change the subject, then play the victim when all of us who are tired of your childish, immature idiocy call you on it.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:
1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

No, what you've done is step into yet another thread, completely avoid the topic at hand, fail to answer specific questions, attempt to obfuscate and change the subject, then play the victim when all of us who are tired of your childish, immature idiocy call you on it.

Nope, you're absurdly wrong.  I played by the rules you claim you want posters to adhere, even when you and others don't, and now you're trying to thug your way into intimidating me, by misquoting me and being all of 9 years old in your attitude. 

Just now, AURaptor said:

Nope, you're absurdly wrong.  I played by the rules you claim you want posters to adhere, even when you and others don't, and now you're trying to thug your way into intimidating me, by misquoting me and being all of 9 years old in your attitude. 

You live in a reality entirely disconnected from the one the rest of humanity dwells in.  You are not a victim.  You're a weasel that derails threads and gives a straight answer or a relevant response about 1% of the time around here.  Own it.

Archived