Softball vs Texas State - Game Thread

Just now, WarTiger said:

game tracker says Shea hit by a pitch, but the announcers are mentioning crocker all the time during the at bat.

It was Crocker. I wasn't sure if it hit her, but it got the ump in the forearm and he immediately went to the AU dugout and he was holding his right arm and he was limp at the wrist. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Wow, the home plate ump just took a ball to the arm and it looks like his arm is broken. This will be a long break as they move one of the field umps to behind the plate. 

OUCH.....Must have hit his arm in just the right spot to do that.  Yikes.    It's a tournament so there are likely umpires from other games nearby or in the stadium so getting another umpire shouldn't be a problem.   Hopefully we don't have to finish it an umpire short.  That would suck.

Yeah, both umps went back to the locker room. I assume to flip a coin and see who's gearing up for the home plate duty. 

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

It was Crocker. I wasn't sure if it hit her, but it got the ump in the forearm and he immediately went to the AU dugout and he was holding his right arm and he was limp at the wrist. 

Thanks for the clarification.  Game tracker was screwed up.   I didn't hear the radio guys announce the pinch hitter.   Rivera is up now.   There has to be an umpire there that can step in and finish this game.

Sounds like it's going to suck for the ump.  May put him out of action for a while.  Having trouble getting my comment in in a timely fashion.

gameTracker has had several inaccuracies/omissions today.

Looks like it will be a lengthy delay here.    I would imagine that an umpire is suiting up if the other two are still in view like the radio guys are saying.

Just now, WarTiger said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Game tracker was screwed up.   I didn't hear the radio guys announce the pinch hitter.   Rivera is up now.   There has to be an umpire there that can step in and finish this game.

Yeah, I didn't see it hit the ump as we were blocked by Crocker. I'm speculating on it being his arm. Could be anything from the elbow down but he knew he was done as soon as it hit him. He's getting a ride from the golf cart now. Has ice on what looks like the middle of his forearm, but on the top. I was an MIS major, no anatomy in that program. 

2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Looks like it will be a lengthy delay here.    I would imagine that an umpire is suiting up if the other two are still in view like the radio guys are saying.

Weird, I don't see them anywhere. 

hopefully the delay won't be much longer.   Very unusual situation here with this one.

Oh wait, I see them. They are standing in the doorway of the building behind the field. There are three headed back now. 

3 umpires coming onto the field according to the radio announcers.   Crocker will be on 1st after being hit by a pitch.  

Looks like we are going to be ready to play soon.   Believe it or not, suiting up to umpire a game takes some time.  Surprised the delay wasn't longer.

Rivera slow roller to short, and no play at either base.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs for Morgan Podany.   Let's go Auburn

wild pitch on ball 4 and Crocker comes around and scores.   Auburn leads 2-1.    Umpires talking to each other and it looks like they are reversing it and putting Crocker back on 3rd and the bases are LOADED for Casey McCrackin with NO OUTS. 

Ok, this is just dumb by the ump. The ball was high and it popped up off the catcher's glove and back to the backstop. The umpire makes a "safe" motion and Crocker rounds third because the catcher hadn't even gone for the ball. She scores. And Texas State complains. Apparently they thought the "safe" motion meant foul. They move the runners back to second and third. 

Doesn't matter though as Abbot rips a single (advance to second on a bobble) and 2 runs score!

Abbott pinch hitting for McCrackin.  Abbott sends one to right and it drops....two runs score. and Auburn takes a 3-1 lead.  I'm guessing Abbott takes 2nd on the throw home??   Runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs.   Ok, it was ruled a double.  Jordan pinch running for Abbott at 2nd.  Draper up.

Draper grounds to 2nd and draper is out at 1st, but another run scores.   Auburn leads 4-1.   Carlee Wallace coming up runner on 3rd.

1 minute ago, WarTiger said:

Abbott pinch hitting for McCrackin.  Abbott sends one to right and it drops....two runs score. and Auburn takes a 3-1 lead.  I'm guessing Abbott takes 2nd on the throw home??   Runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs.   Ok, it was ruled a double.  Jordan pinch running for Abbott at 2nd.  Draper up.

No, the RF bobbled the ball under her feet. There was no throw. 

Wallace flies to right, Jordan tags and scores...  5-1 Auburn.   Kasey Cooper coming up.

Archived