2000 SEC Tourney Runner Ups

GwillMac6

So watching the sec tourney semifinals brought back memories of this team. Closest we have got to a sec tourney title since 85. Man that was such a gutsy tourney run for our boys after losing Porter a couple of weeks earlier and losing 5 straight to end the regular season. We beat some good teams on the way to the title game in florida and south carolina. The title game came down to the simple fact that Arkanas had a future NBA stud in Joe Johnson and we did not. O and also not having our best player MIGHT of played in to it as well........

Such a sad way to end that 2 year window we had. Came crumbling down with the Chris Porter stuff.

we truly never were the same after this season either sans for the 1 magical run marquis daniels gave us that 1 year.

Does anyone know the details of the CP4/agent thing? What happened exactly and how did he get caught?

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Does anyone know the details of the CP4/agent thing? What happened exactly and how did he get caught?

That is a great question. I would really like to know. I have no idea or just cannot remember. Messed up what could of easily been a deep run in the tourney for us. We were lucky to win even 1 game that year in the big dance.

13 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

Signed an agreement on a cocktail napkin with an agent ... while in a bar ... in Florida somewhere ... iirc...

I'm going purely off of memory here so I could be wrong but was there some cash exchanged as well?

Archived