2017 Congressional District Census

creed

I received a package/letter from the RNC requesting me to fill out a questionnaire. I'm not sure why, because even though I lean right of center, I did not vote for Donald Trump. I hope he does well but he just wasn't the candidate for me. Regardless, Ms. Ronna McDaniel, RNC Chairwoman, opened the letter with "After suffering eight years under Barack Obama we finally have the opportunity to reverse damage he has done to our nation and the world". I consider myself a reasonable person and that sentence really was not applicable, sensible, or warranted to help me fill out the questionnaire. To start, I did not suffer under the past president, matter of fact I did well. Second, I don't look backward, I look forward, and bringing up anything about a past president is petty and cheap. Third, who is the woman, someone needs to tell her to get her act together because this southern man wants a party of problems solvers (aka real men) not complainers (aka men who act like real housewives) to run this country.   

In the past I have received similar letters from both Parties as until recently my wife voted Democratic and I voted Republican. They are almost always have attack headers before the survey information they ask for. Like you I am offended by this. Our party leaders on both sides of the aisle are part of the reason this country is so divided. I have long since quit donating money to either party and never respond to their surveys.

I am tired of leadership that is so hateful and more interested in themselves then country they represent. I saw it when the Democrats passed Obamacare and would not allow any discussion from the Republican side of the house after it passed while I thought it was bad legislation I was sad that the Republican response was only repeal instead of at least trying to make it better. Now that the Republican's are in charge and are trying to pass something the Democrats are burning the bridges and saying they will oppose anything the Republican put forth as opposed to trying to work together and come up with something better.

Both parties have become my way or the highway and will not compromise and work together.  The letter you reference is just another example of this.

Archived