Where does the 2017 AU roster rank?

TigerWar

1 hour ago, keesler said:

You can load up all the top talent in the world on a roster, but when your Head Coach with only 1 yr HC experience at ArkySt is literally thrown into the might SEC and he is training on the job, then you see what we've seen for the last 5 years.  >>>>>> Complete and total Inconsistency! 

On another topic, lets think about how overall weak the SEC Head Coaches are compared to 5 yrs ago.  Gus with his up & down seasons, who is most likely coaching for his job this season is in a solid 2nd place behind one of college football's elite coaches.  At the moment, I can't think of another SEC HC I'd put above CGM for 2nd place in the whole conference.

It's boarder line shocking how the conference HC pool has fallen off in the last few years.  Right now the ACC has better HC pedigree than the SEC, and that's sad.

SEC has some pretty bad overall coaches. This is true, especially with the talent at hand.

23 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

A year ago I would have said Hugh Freeze, but well, you know...

I actually think that Mullen is pretty undervalued/underrated. He has done an absolutely phenomenal job at Mississippi State.

Hah. Same thoughts here on both.

But @keesler makes a good point. We're a far cry from the salad days of the late aughts through the earlier years of this decade. saban's the only giant still standing, unless Gus makes that leap this year. 

7 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

2014 opener?  We thumped ArkMart. 

The loss to MS St. that year was really bad. And then the annual not showing up to play thuga was really bad too. Now that I think about it, every loss that year was very demoralizing, with the possible exception of the bowl game. 

The year of 2014 opener....FSU

Archived