2017 A-Day Game.. We need a huge crowd

bikeriderga

This year's A-Day game is going to be a great chance to see a lot of changes in the Auburn Football team before the season begins.

Our defense is going to be scary good and our offense now has two proven QBs. This team is going to be much improved over last year, with more depth.  Carl Lawson and Montravius Adams will be missed, but we have a lot of experienced talent returning, plus some RS freshmen that are real ballers. Hearing great things about Nick Coe.

We have a new offensive coordinator and from everything I am hearing,  I believe that not only will we see new wrinkles in the Offense (with a heavy emphasis on RPO), but that  our QBs are going to better prepared and coached. I have been hearing that Coach Lindsey has been real effective working with our QBs.

Our RBs are expected to be good, but Cam Martin has bulked up some and still has the speed. Cam is excellent catching the ball out of the backfield as well.  Look for him to be a really pleasant surprise.

Go ahead and make plans to be there.  Let's give our 2017 team a packed house on A-Day.

WAR EAGLE!

1 hour ago, bikeriderga said:

This year's A-Day game is going to be a great chance to see a lot of changes in the Auburn Football team before the season begins.

Our defense is going to be scary good and our offense now has two proven QBs. This team is going to be much improved over last year, with more depth.  Carl Lawson and Montravius Adams will be missed, but we have a lot of experienced talent returning, plus some RS freshmen that are real ballers. Hearing great things about Nick Coe.

We have a new offensive coordinator and from everything I am hearing,  I believe that not only will we see new wrinkles in the Offense (with a heavy emphasis on RPO), but that  our QBs are going to better prepared and coached. I have been hearing that Coach Lindsey has been real effective working with our QBs.

Our RBs are expected to be good, but Cam Martin has bulked up some and still has the speed. Cam is excellent catching the ball out of the backfield as well.  Look for him to be a really pleasant surprise.

Go ahead and make plans to be there.  Let's give our 2017 team a packed house on A-Day.

WAR EAGLE!

Genuinely curious.  Have you seen any evidence at practice in person on which to base your predictions?  When you say you are hearing, is this from media reports and message boards, or do you have connections to people that are actually seeing things in person and filling you in on it?

A good A-Day crowd would be great.  We have had great A-Day crowds for a while now.  What the program needs is a lot of wins when the games count.

wde

24 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Didn't we have something like 83,401 at A-Day about 2 or 3 years ago? It would be nice to break that record.

but wasn't that a New Day?

they only come around every...

Never mind

WDE

There is a huge Cheer Competition in Atlanta that weekend tough competition I am going to be the crowd will be down because of that!  

5 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Genuinely curious.  Have you seen any evidence at practice in person on which to base your predictions?  When you say you are hearing, is this from media reports and message boards, or do you have connections to people that are actually seeing things in person and filling you in on it?

No, I have not seen any practices.

Do I have connections? Yes.

Are my predictions media based? No, though I read the media reports just like everyone else.  

Can I tell you who my connections are? Sorry, afraid not. 

Hope that answers the questions I can answer. :)

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Didn't we have something like 83,401 at A-Day about 2 or 3 years ago? It would be nice to break that record.

That was in 2013. That was the Toomers Corner last rolling celebration and memorial. Remember how that season turned out?

Let's do a repeat and let the team see that we fans are willing to do our part and let the team do its part.

Would love to break the 2013 record both at the A-Day game as well as on the field for the 2017 season!

1 hour ago, eibua12 said:

There is a huge Cheer Competition in Atlanta that weekend tough competition I am going to be the crowd will be down because of that!  

I sincerely hope that does not prevent the AU faithful from turning out. This is just a feeling, but I think this A-Day attendance would do a lot to encourage this team. Not something I have been told, just what I feel.

4 hours ago, bikeriderga said:

Do I have connections? Yes.

Are my predictions media based? No, though I read the media reports just like everyone else.  

Can I tell you who my connections are? Sorry, afraid not. 

I'm fine with you keeping connections hidden.  I mainly just wanted to know if you were going off media (who I think know nothing) or if you had some insiders giving you info or if you had seen things first hand.  Thanks for the clarification and appreciate the info.  Sounds good for next year.

5 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I'm fine with you keeping connections hidden.  I mainly just wanted to know if you were going off media (who I think know nothing) or if you had some insiders giving you info or if you had seen things first hand.  Thanks for the clarification and appreciate the info.  Sounds good for next year.

No problem.

I did not have a problem with the question. It was a totally legit. 

It's not like I have direct line to all things Auburn, but I do have regular contact with those who see and talk to certain people on a somewhat frequent basis.

Just purchased our tickets. First A day I have ever been to and I graduated in '06! 

Can I sneak some minis in? We are taking my 3 year old so my nerves may be shot depending on how she handles the atmosphere. Haha. 

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

Just purchased our tickets. First A day I have ever been to and I graduated in '06! 

Can I sneak some minis in? We are taking my 3 year old so my nerves may be shot depending on how she handles the atmosphere. Haha. 

Start practicing with her wearing noise head phones now, so she is used to it, if that is a concern. Also make sure you have the iPods, iPads or iPhones CHARGED long enough for the whole A-day, with some of her favorite shows stored onto them. A coloring book with some crayons. Get their early so you can get a seat out of the sun or you will spend your time in the ramp area walking around (or your wife will and then she will want to leave early). $ for popcorn, pretzel and a water bottle to occupy the kiddo. Good luck and welcome back. Remember they only allow clear bags in now, so that really sweet diaper bag you have is a nogo. 

2 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Never gone minis, nor A-game.

My go-to has always been 151 in a Ziploc. Partially filled (flabby enough to be missed in a pat-down, even w./ recent SECCG security) and mixes w./Coke.

WDE and hug/hold the child as appropriate - make sure of her comfort.

It would be great if we could pack Jordan-Hare for every home game. But honestly, how many fans do you think will come when we play Mercer or Samford?

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

It would be great if we could pack Jordan-Hare for every home game. But honestly, how many fans do you think will come when we play Mercer or Samford?

About 85K or so give or take a few. 

19 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Start practicing with her wearing noise head phones now, so she is used to it, if that is a concern. Also make sure you have the iPods, iPads or iPhones CHARGED long enough for the whole A-day, with some of her favorite shows stored onto them. A coloring book with some crayons. Get their early so you can get a seat out of the sun or you will spend your time in the ramp area walking around (or your wife will and then she will want to leave early). $ for popcorn, pretzel and a water bottle to occupy the kiddo. Good luck and welcome back. Remember they only allow clear bags in now, so that really sweet diaper bag you have is a nogo. 

Thank you. We took her to the Vandy game last year and it was SO hot. But, she also apparently had strep throat at the time (we obviously didn't know) so that may have been a factor. 

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

I'll be there, hoping it's not too warm this time around. 

The forecast, as of today, is sunny and 76 degrees. This forecast is subject to change daily.

I'm going to make it down for the first time since 2010 I believe.  I'd expect between 45000-55000 which is still a big number for a scrimmage.  I have a feeling we as fans won't see too many wrinkles this spring.  My attention will be on the young Qbs and running backs.  Depth was a big issue at these positions last year.

35 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I'm going to make it down for the first time since 2010 I believe.  I'd expect between 45000-55000 which is still a big number for a scrimmage.  I have a feeling we as fans won't see too many wrinkles this spring.  My attention will be on the young Qbs and running backs.  Depth was a big issue at these positions last year.

Early observations of OL would be appreciated, as well.

For someone who hasn't been to a game in a while, and is now also bringing small children for the first time, can anyone give advice as to what areas of the stadium will be shaded? 

Archived