Softball vs. Georgia - game 2

1st pitch. Jordan hit by a pitch.  Runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs.  McCrackin up.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCrackin attempts to bunt, lost track of the ball but its popped up and caught by the charging 1st baseman.    Draper up with 1 out.

Draper strikes out swinging.   2 outs.   Back to the top of the order with Carlee Wallace.  (homer and triple tonight)   runners on 1st and 2nd.

Wallace reached and chopped it toward 3rd and Wallace beats the throw.   Wallace is 3-3 tonight.  Bases loaded for Kasey Cooper.

Cooper grounds to 2nd to end the top 3rd.  That was a golden opportunity to open the lead up even more.   Auburn leads 5-2

Wallace with a homer, triple and infield single - maybe she will hit for the cycle tonight.

Again AU leaves base runners - another chance to score runs and we come up short.  I think Cooper is trying to hard (tired of being walked all the time).

2 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

Again AU leaves base runners - another chance to score runs and we come up short.  I think Cooper is trying to hard (tired of being walked all the time).

^^This^^ so many times it seems all season

Ground ball to Cooper and she backhands it but its off her glove runner is safe as throw not in time.  Next batter up, grounder to Cooper, she goes to McCrackin then to Veach and its another double play.  2 outs.

4 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

Wallace with a homer, triple and infield single - maybe she will hit for the cycle tonight.

I was thinking the same thing after the triple.  The triple is seemingly the hardest one to get in the cycle.  She only needs a double now and we are only in the 3rd.   She has a great shot at it tonight.

What is up with this UMP?!?  She's changing the strike zone inning to inning. 

WTH was wrong with that first pitch!!!

After double play, HBP and walk.  AU has to settle and get this 3rd out without giving up another run.

ground ball to Cooper ends the uga half of the 3rd.   Auburn leads 5-2.    Fagan, Shea and Veach coming up.

Love Clint as head coach, but I think Corey was much better at settling the pitchers (at least that is the way it seems to me).  Although CCM must have said the right thing in that timeout as Martin through a strike and induced an easy grounder.

I think the ump got affended that Martin thought she had a third strike and started off the field and then smiled about the call. Looked like a few pitches were strikes too the next two batters who walked. 

Wow, we have completed just 3 innings.  It has been 80 minutes already, making for a long game unless AU can blow it open and win in 5.  

Fagan finally got to actually hit and she singles to right to lead off the 4th.   Courtney Shea up.

I am sure Fagan is saying FINALLY - she got a good pitch to hit and got the single.

wild pitch and Fagan moves to 2nd and rounds the bag and goes to 3rd.    Catcher didn't know if she should get the ball when it got so far away from her.    Runner at 3rd with no outs.   Shea still up.

Shea walks.   runners on 1st and 3rd with no outs for Kendall Veach.   A home run by Veach here would be nice.    Bree Fornis pinch running for Shea at 1st.

Archived