Democrats’ Secret Weapon: Romney Voters

Interesting perspective.  I think there are a lot of traditional Republicans who are aghast at Trump.

Stop fetishizing the Obama-Trump converts. If you want to see the future of politics, here’s who Dems need to understand.

By JESSE FERGUSON  June 01, 2017

..........Who are they? Romney-Clinton voters are, generally speaking, college-educated suburban professionals: lawyers, doctors and businesspeople. They voted for Mitt Romney in 2012, but switched to Hillary Clinton in 2016. They abhor xenophobia, the alt-right and racists, but they also mostly socialize within their own race and they’re mostly white. They’re socially liberal but not obsessed with a political agenda. They value fiscal responsibility but also believe in investing in the future, especially education. They remain deeply worried about Trump’s qualifications, scared about his temperament and alienated by his misogyny and ties to extremists. For the first time in a long time, they’re willing to hear about and vote for Democrats.........

Read the full article at:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/01/democrats-new-crossover-voters-romney-clinton-215211

The Republican Party accepted 45 and his rally of gaining racist votes, it will be painful in future elections, unless they gerrymander  districts .  If any thing he has taught us is that the voter turnout in 4 years is gonna be record breaking.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:05 PM, auburnphan said:

The Republican Party accepted 45 and his rally of gaining racist votes, it will be painful in future elections, unless they gerrymander  districts .  If any thing he has taught us is that the voter turnout in 4 years is gonna be record breaking.

I don't really understand your point. Should the republican party have rejected Trump after he won the primary? That makes no sense. I also do not understand what "racist votes" means. Are you saying that the democrat candidate did not want anyone with racist tendencies to vote for her? Lastly, I disagree about voter turnout in 4 years. It will be fun to watch!

Archived