doverstutts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, aubigblue said:

Chip going upstairs,

Hand coming down to sidelines.

Gus says we have a really good offense.

according to what I just read you are 100% correct!  I don't have the link though. 

Says he understand the "frustration" of fan base that the offense "looked the same" as the end of last year.

^^^^^^^^

makes me feel better. feel sorry for the Mercer Bears. we are gonna unload on them.

24 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

This is not a nasty question, but what exactly does anyone want him to say (of course, besides I quit). 

For starters, "I've done a poor job of coaching since 2014 and due to the fact that the changes I've made to the staff haven't given the results any of us had hoped for, it has become obvious that I am the common denominator." (Feel free to add what you would like to hear from him)

38 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

This is not a nasty question, but what exactly does anyone want him to say (of course, besides I quit). 

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Says he understand the "frustration" of fan base that the offense "looked the same" as the end of last year.

It's a start.

He was asked various times in various ways if he or CL were calling the plays.  Imo he danced around it and never answered the question.  He knows what the comments are flying around that he is running his offense and started calling the plays by the end of the 1st half.

46 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

The first thing I would want him to say is something to the effect of using this Mercer game to work on the passing game, everything about it.  Mercer gets paid well to be there, so we might as well make the best use of it.  He would get bonus points if he said RB's would only be on the field for passes, and Carlson is taking the day off so he is tempted to call for field goals.

When LSU fired Miles their PTB were saying we wanted to rip the band-aid off now before giving him a chance at redeeming himself and saving his job and giving them another year of the same ole same ole. 

I am feeling this way about Gus. We don't have to fire him now but anything short of finishing 11-1 should lead to his dismissal. That may be the most irrational thing I've ever posted in my life, but I'm ready for a change and I am confident that if Gus buys himself more time he will not change. Even though he, at times, says the right things his actions do not reflect this (on offense) and I don't think he will be able to truly re-evaluate himself while being employed. He may need a year or 2 away from the game to allow himself to catch up to 2017.

18 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i am beginning to see 2012 again....jacobs,tim jackson,malzahn and others have made enough money off of AU, time to clean up their mess

This team is badly misled on offense but shows *none* of the attitude or discipline issues that one did. These kids fight their asses off, every week, no matter how much they're let down by their leadership. At some point the defense will succumb if the offense doesn't pick it up, just like the offense did against UGA in 2014, but they're a long way off from that. 

This season might see *some* similarities to 2012, but so far it is nowhere close to being comparable overall. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I am confident that if Gus buys himself more time he will not change. 

7 months. First weekend of January until the first weekend of September. He had all that time to change- after having all of 2016- and he didn't. Your confidence is justified. It's not hate. It's logic. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This team is badly misled on offense but shows *none* of the attitude or discipline issues that one did. These kids fight their asses off, every week, no matter how much they're let down by their leadership. At some point the defense will succumb if the offense doesn't pick it up, just like the offense did against UGA in 2014, but they're a long way off from that. 

This season might see *some* similarities to 2012, but so far it is nowhere close to being comparable overall. 

I am afraid of a collapse due to losing confidence in the coach

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

7 months. First weekend of January until the first weekend of September. He had all that time to change- after having all of 2016- and he didn't. Your confidence is justified. It's not hate. It's logic. 

Exactly. I don't want some short term run to affect the long term trajectory of our program that has enough talent to win national titles, especially right now.

4 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

I am afraid of a collapse due to losing confidence in the coach

I keep thinking about how that 2014 team kept fighting, but then I remember that Gus was calling the shots for the unit that was keeping them alive, instead of causing all the problems for the one that was dragging them down. 

Dang, Dover. Now I'm even more sad. THANKS A LOT :P

Edit: Seriously, though, I'm confident that the program lives in a completely different reality now than it did in 2012 when it comes to discipline, heart, character, etc which makes the offensive insanity so upsetting. Gus is squandering all the things he's done right. 

Gus said he has no recollection of interaction with Chip Lindsey prior to the fourth-and- call in the third quarter????? That would seem like a great time for the head coach to be at least consulted about the play call? Thoughts?

10 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Austin Golson: "We didn't have any missed assignments. Either someone got beat, or they brought an extra hat, or someone didn't get open..."

If Herb Hand told him that, we should be hiring a new OL coach today.

Archived