Gary Danielson

corchjay

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Can you or someone explain how we do that?

Not sure if @Barnacle has a more efficient way but I use the tune-in radio app on my android device.  It's more than a min or 2 behind my xfinity broadcast so I just pause the TV until they catch up.  Do a little tinkering from time to time during the game but its pretty easy to keep them synced.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

I also think I’d be remiss without mentioning another guy I once worked with in my restaurant days that I called “The Todd”.

The Todd was literally Keanu Reeves from Bill and Ted, hair and all. He was a little too enthusiastic for some of our other coworkers, but I really liked the guy, and so he took to me. We’d have really deep conversations about things like, “when and when not to use extra crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy.”

As a general rule, The Todd just liked to use the word “crunchy”. Anyway, all this ended one morning when he didn’t show up for his shift. He texted me, “dude I took LSD last night and there’s noooo way I can come in this morning, will you tell (our manager) that I can’t come in?” And just like that, The Todd was gone.

Um, we might need a Tales of Barnacle's Misspent Youth thread in the All Things Considered forum.

Also, I think everyone who has ever worked in a restaurant had their version of The Todd. It could be a B&T Keanu, a Kramer, a Liebowski, a Charlie from It's Always Sunny... every single kitchen and wait staff is the cast of a pretty insane sitcom. I'm not sure I simultaneously miss and don't miss anything quite like working in a restaurant.

Dilly dilly, The Todd.

Reigning it back in, I doubt that Gary Danielson ever worked in a restaurant. 

14 hours ago, shabby said:

rewatching the Alabama game. I didn't realize originally just how annoying Gary Danielson is. Every time he opens his mouth I want to punch him in his Nads

He needs a good swift kick to the...

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Not sure if @Barnacle has a more efficient way but I use the tune-in radio app on my android device.  It's more than a min or 2 behind my xfinity broadcast so I just pause the TV until they catch up.  Do a little tinkering from time to time during the game but its pretty easy to keep them synced.

This is exactly what I do. Exactly. 

Hard part is the tinkering. Usually have to adjust once a quarter or so. I've gotten pretty good at it so I can usually get it down without pissing anyone in the room off. 

On 12/1/2017 at 10:35 AM, Barnacle said:

This is exactly what I do. Exactly. 

Hard part is the tinkering. Usually have to adjust once a quarter or so. I've gotten pretty good at it so I can usually get it down without pissing anyone in the room off. 

I did not use tune-in, just listened to it through my laptop and the AU site.  As far as syncing up, it took about 10 minutes to get it in sync. Pet peeve though, I could not go back and look at plays.

On 11/30/2017 at 6:36 PM, aujeff11 said:

Gus being as paranoid as he is, I’m surprised he let Danielson see the jump pass trick play that we had been working on.

I thought Auburn only let media in for 15-20 minutes PRIOR to them actually doing anything.  In other words, they see the players warm up and that's it.  So how is it that this toolbox was watching practice?

Archived