2018 Regular Season Projection

beaumak

Fun 2018 Regular Season Projection  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How many Regular Season Wins Granted team is still to be determined by some personnel

• 6-6 or less = Bye Gus! Gosh we love throwing money around!
    • 7-5 = Good lord hit with another fungus. Really Gus? How shall we treat the next case of ringworm?
    • 8-4 = Rebuilding right?!? But the recruits look good.
    • 9-3 = It is what it is. no more no less.
    • 10-2 = Solid but with what ifs. DO we get scared and extend yet again?
    • 11-1 = Sitting pretty. Let's go ahead and double down from last year, 14 years $98 million
    • 12-0 = "$100 billion dollars". Gus for life!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2018 at 01:30 AM

On April 21, 2018 at 2:11 PM, AUIH1 said:

This is what I thought.  I graduated from AU in 1986 with a degree in biology (Marine Biology specifically).  I love AU.  You love Auburn football.  Back away.

You are just an AU Athletics fan person.  That is OK.  Just admit it.

wde

The Auburn Family doesn't exclude non-graduates. And I'm not talking about the message board either. Some of Auburns greatest contributors didn't go to Auburn but would loved to have had the opportunity. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/21/2018 at 1:50 PM, AUIH1 said:

You are so weak.  Did you attend AU and really graduate from AU?  Just asking.

Are you a real grad or just a message board fan boy?

If only graduates attended games stadiums would look like weekday MLB games. 

What comes after the "my Auburn degree is better than yours" debate? My dad can beat up your dad? Maybe my car is faster than your car or even my kid is smarter than your kid? If you had to attend Auburn to be a real fan then that leaves a lot of folks out. Some people didn't have the opportunity. Some like me started and didn't finish for various reasons. I've loved Auburn since I was 11 years old. I'm no more or less an Auburn fan than the majority on here, well at least in my eyes. Not sure about a few others. Auburn is family so I guess I'm one of the black sheep. 

On 4/21/2018 at 8:58 AM, ChltteTiger said:

This doesn't explain why Jimbo would go to TAM. Guess it was better facilities.

Not only better facilities and $75 million, the folks FSU were not real fond of his past year or two. 

On 4/22/2018 at 5:22 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Just my early thoughts. I believe this might be the best defense we have had at AU. The front seven on defense are as good as anyone in the country. I think the offense under a seasoned JS will look a lot better than what we saw at ADay. I think we will see a better rotation at RB than we have under Gus so far. I think CTH realizes that is what is needed. I think Willis will get more confidence with more playing time and J G will redshirt. I think our special team will look much better this year. Not pumping sunshine just stating what I see at present. Also think with JS coming back offense will be better early on than in years passed. My guess is 11-1  with 12-0 possible. I think uat has problems brewing. Look for them to finish 9-3 or worse in regular season. Uga will not be as good as last year. Their loss of the two RBs will alter their offense a lot. UW won’t beat us. LSU won’t be as good as last year. Jimbo is a year or two away from making an impact. TIFWIW. War Eagle !

I agreed with you up until the uat part. Many people said the same last year and last year should've been the year. They had no business being in the playoff but that's been talked about ad nauseum. Uat will be uat this year. UGA probably will lose 2 maybe 3 games depending on what the east looks like. We should be undefeated til amen corner then who the heck knows what happens?

On 4/22/2018 at 5:46 PM, Zeek said:

It's insane how much Steele's defense has been able to carry this team. Even the one year Muschamp was here has drastically shifted our fate. Now if only we could have a less predictable offense we would be rolling.

That's all it takes. Our offense doesn't need to be USC in 2004...Though that would be nice. We need to not make elementary play calls. We got more than enough talent on offense. This team AGAIN should do big things.

Non Auburn related but I think South Carolina could be sneaky good this season.  I’ve been impressed with what Muschamp has accomplished so far considering the way Spurrier bailed.  Bentley is will be better and their d should be good.  Add Missouri, Florida, and maybe UT and UGA will find things a little tougher in the east.

Another OL of potential relevance here?

Early grad Jack Driscoll to transfer in w./2-yrs remaining eligibility.

"I want to thank The University of Massachusetts for the past three years," Driscoll wrote on Twitter. "I have made lifelong friends and memories that will last forever. I am grateful for the opportunity they gave me both academically and athletically. However, at this time I have decided to pursue an MBA and play football at Auburn University in the fall. War Eagle!"

https://www.purdueexponent.org/sports/national/article_07b363df-3c5d-5987-984e-223d8fe5eb1b.html

22 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Another OL of potential relevance here?

Early grad Jack Driscoll to transfer in w./2-yrs remaining eligibility.

"I want to thank The University of Massachusetts for the past three years," Driscoll wrote on Twitter. "I have made lifelong friends and memories that will last forever. I am grateful for the opportunity they gave me both academically and athletically. However, at this time I have decided to pursue an MBA and play football at Auburn University in the fall. War Eagle!"

https://www.purdueexponent.org/sports/national/article_07b363df-3c5d-5987-984e-223d8fe5eb1b.html

At least he didn't say "University of Auburn" :jossun:.

On 4/25/2018 at 10:40 AM, Win4AU said:

Non Auburn related but I think South Carolina could be sneaky good this season.  I’ve been impressed with what Muschamp has accomplished so far considering the way Spurrier bailed.  Bentley is will be better and their d should be good.  Add Missouri, Florida, and maybe UT and UGA will find things a little tougher in the east.

Could be our next coach in two years.

wde

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Could be our next coach in two years.

wde

Who?  Muschamp?  Let’s see how this season plays out before we start naming head coaches.  No way Gus is going anywhere in the immediate future with the fat contract he just landed.  It would take a Chizik like collapse.  If you remember they were even going to give Chizik another year before getting blown out by Tamu, UGA, and Bama to end the year.

Also does Muschamp even like Auburn?  I know he’s coached here twice but I didn’t get the warm fuzzies from him when he left.

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Who?  Muschamp?  Let’s see how this season plays out before we start naming head coaches.  No way Gus is going anywhere in the immediate future with the fat contract he just landed.  It would take a Chizik like collapse.  If you remember they were even going to give Chizik another year before getting blown out by Tamu, UGA, and Bama to end the year.

Also does Muschamp even like Auburn?  I know he’s coached here twice but I didn’t get the warm fuzzies from him when he left.

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Gus is going to get two years unless he melts down like Chizik did in 2012 which I don't see happening.  Muschamp's  problems were Jay Jacobs (including his one year with Tuberville) and Gus.  Jacobs is already gone and Gus would be gone anyway.  Not saying he is at the top of the list, but he is certainly one to watch.

wde 

16 hours ago, Win4AU said:

He's trolling. 

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He's trolling. 

He’s not trolling!

He’s using a deep water drag net, and too many posters are getting caught in it! Stop responding and he’ll become irrelevant.

On 4/24/2018 at 9:44 PM, WFE12 said:

I agreed with you up until the uat part. Many people said the same last year and last year should've been the year. They had no business being in the playoff but that's been talked about ad nauseum. Uat will be uat this year. UGA probably will lose 2 maybe 3 games depending on what the east looks like. We should be undefeated til amen corner then who the heck knows what happens?

I just don’t think uat will be like they have been. There is a real problem brewing in West Vance. Both QB dads have let it known that it’s their boy or the highway. It won’t only affect the QB position it will filter down. The other players will feel that it’s a one man team. Tua will be saben’s kryptonite. Also I think Saben will hang it up after this year. May not happen but I think it’s a 60-40 right now. TIFWIW 

On 4/26/2018 at 3:25 PM, AUIH1 said:

Gus is going to get two years unless he melts down like Chizik did in 2012 which I don't see happening.  Muschamp's  problems were Jay Jacobs (including his one year with Tuberville) and Gus.  Jacobs is already gone and Gus would be gone anyway.  Not saying he is at the top of the list, but he is certainly one to watch.

wde 

He was here two two years under Tubs...

On 4/27/2018 at 7:26 PM, toddc said:

He’s not trolling!

He’s using a deep water drag net, and too many posters are getting caught in it! Stop responding and he’ll become irrelevant.

So,

Trawling?

On 4/26/2018 at 3:16 PM, Win4AU said:

He left for the right situation for him but I agree with you that his fondness for Auburn may be minimal. Best thing for Auburn is that Gus is successful and quiets the naysayers. 

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I've always wondered if there wasn't an etymological switcharoo at some point. 

Good question for which I had no answer.

Apparently, roots are quite separate and distinct, but the lines got a bit promiscuous in the Middle Ages.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/troll

https://www.etymonline.com/word/trail?ref=etymonline_crossreference

https://www.etymonline.com/word/trawl?ref=etymonline_crossreference

6 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Good question for which I had no answer.

Apparently, roots are quite separate and distinct, but the lines got a bit promiscuous in the Middle Ages.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/troll

https://www.etymonline.com/word/trail?ref=etymonline_crossreference

https://www.etymonline.com/word/trawl?ref=etymonline_crossreference

Many thanks- genuinely interesting and illuminating- but I was referring to the etymology of the internet slang, and I think I might have been onto something:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll#Origin_and_etymology

Archived