aubiefifty

rick and bubba show

Recommended Posts

sorry for the off topic but these guys just stated on their show that dogs left outside will not freeze to death which is absolutely not true. i won three rescue dogs and know tons of rescue people and i have seen pics that will haunt me with my dying breath. if they are not corrected people will leave their dogs out and many will die when it gets cold enough. will anyone email them and tell these guys they are condemning some dogs to death for saying that? thanks from the bottom of my heart.....

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




i know this post will irritate some but when lives are at stake i try to get the biggest bang for my buck which is au football page. sorry to those i have upset. i have had the joy of seeing facebook bombarded with pics of dogs that froze to death and its pretty bad so i felt the need to try.anything. apologies again to any i have offended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My lab puppy (6months) will jump into the cold icy water to retrieve which makes it seem correct. He is also a lap dog who lives inside. We don’t trust him enough not to destroy the house when we are gone during the day. So we crate him in the garage. No wind but same temperature as outside. When I got home Monday he was shivering like he was freezing to death. We moved the crate inside till this cold spell is over.  The last outside dog I had I put a heat lamp in the dog house. It was almost too warm. Had to get a weaker bulb. But I cannot leave a dog unprotected in this. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, alexava said:

My lab puppy (6months) will jump into the cold icy water to retrieve which makes it seem correct. He is also a lap dog who lives inside. We don’t trust him enough not to destroy the house when we are gone during the day. So we crate him in the garage. No wind but same temperature as outside. When I got home Monday he was shivering like he was freezing to death. We moved the crate inside till this cold spell is over.  The last outside dog I had I put a heat lamp in the dog house. It was almost too warm. Had to get a weaker bulb. But I cannot leave a dog unprotected in this. 

If the lab is to much to handle alone... Trust me never ever get a Boxer.  Great dogs but you better have a ton of time and energy 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We tried a boxer. Couldn’t do it. My wife and I have had some damn knock down drag outs over dogs. She keeps fostering them and I keep telling her to stop. But I love this lab. We officially adopted him. Nearly two months now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i know this post will irritate some but when lives are at stake i try to get the biggest bang for my buck which is au football page. sorry to those i have upset. i have had the joy of seeing facebook bombarded with pics of dogs that froze to death and its pretty bad so i felt the need to try.anything. apologies again to any i have offended.

If anybody gets offended by this, they can kiss both our asses.

I'm sure it will get moved out of the football forum and that's fine, but thank you very much for reminding everyone. Some folks are just unkind, but others are genuinely ignorant and would treat their pets and livestock better if they knew there was a need to. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

sorry for the off topic but these guys just stated on their show that dogs left outside will not freeze to death which is absolutely not true. i won three rescue dogs and know tons of rescue people and i have seen pics that will haunt me with my dying breath. if they are not corrected people will leave their dogs out and many will die when it gets cold enough. will anyone email them and tell these guys they are condemning some dogs to death for saying that? thanks from the bottom of my heart.....

 

 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If anybody gets offended by this, they can kiss both our asses.

I'm sure it will get moved out of the football forum and that's fine, but thank you very much for reminding everyone. Some folks are just unkind, but others are genuinely ignorant and would treat their pets and livestock better if they knew there was a need to. 

Me three!

I'm a Bassett guy and heck, I've liked my dogs better than most PEOPLE...

Pets depend on their owners to do the right thing.

Nice post.

As an aside... Are R & B giving out "Leave early for the NFL" advice too?  That would explain another thread or 2....

Edited by AUsince72
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only leaving them outside but I have also witnessed people with dogs in the bed of their truck when it's 30 degrees outside. The idiots never heard of wind chill I guess. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R & B are not know for their mental acuity or capacity.  You are absolutely correct, a dog can freeze to death in this weather. It is especially true if they are not accustomed to being in cold weather for hours on end. They've done a huge disservice to dogs and their owners.

Edited by G8orH8or
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also remember to clean off your pets paws! Especially those that live in the north where chemicals are often used for driveways and streets. They can make you pet sick.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Not only leaving them outside but I have also witnessed people with dogs in the bed of their truck when it's 30 degrees outside. The idiots never heard of wind chill I guess. 

Before I take my dog to Arkansas ( duck hunting) I’ll get a cover for the kennel. Although he rides shotgun unless he is muddy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

...will anyone email them and tell these guys....

My older brother (AU grad also) is actually pretty good friends with Rick Burgess, buddies from Shades Mountain Baptist in Birmingham.  I will ask him to get the message relayed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R and B are very good at spreading misinformation. I haven't listened to them in years because I just cannot take their ignorance. This does not surprise me one bit. IIRC years ago Rick had a couple of golden retrievers that had the misfortune of being his pets and he kept them in his back yard. I always felt so bad for those poor dogs. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, this is painful.  For those that think Rick is so heartless I'll just leave this here....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They mean well I guess but I don’t like them too much. I had all I could stand of them when the Newtown shooting happened and they philosophied about God’s role in the whole thing. Made it out like it every person who ever committed a sin was at fault and and God allowed it to happen to punish us. I had to let them go for good after that one. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

R and B are very good at spreading misinformation. I haven't listened to them in years because I just cannot take their ignorance. This does not surprise me one bit. IIRC years ago Rick had a couple of golden retrievers that had the misfortune of being his pets and he kept them in his back yard. I always felt so bad for those poor dogs. 

 

I used to listen to them back in the 90s. They were just a comedy show then. It seems like it was a little while after 9/11, a switch flipped and religion and politics became staple of the show. I actually remember them saying "one thing we will never talk about on this show is politics and religion." A few months later, I heard Rick talking about he could never trust an atheist and couldn't do business with one because he didn't know where their morals came from. From then on, religion (and politics) trickled into their show more routinely, and it really turned me off.

Turned the dial and haven't looked back since then. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

POD.....ignorance can still be heartless even when unintentional.

Losing a child is the worst thing that can happen to a parent. You don't want to go there with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

My older brother (AU grad also) is actually pretty good friends with Rick Burgess, buddies from Shades Mountain Baptist in Birmingham.  I will ask him to get the message relayed.

i knew rick back in his local anniston days. my band opened forhis band for the first rickhead convention.  he used to be one of the funniest cats i know.  sadly on the same show they made fun of killing feral cats and buddy you think the animal lover folks are not upset?  maybe he is still upset over peta stalking him and the oscar myer weiner bus back in the day. and no i do not care for peta just so there is no misunderstandings............

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Ah, this is painful.  For those that think Rick is so heartless I'll just leave this here....

 

for the record i never thought rick was heartless. he also did a lot of good around the area at the time. and power get him to tell you the story of his dad coach burgess standing on a large ant bed once at a football practice..........lol> great stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with @AUDub. I didn't listen to them in the 90s, but I have noticed a big change in the last few years. If I want to listen to a political or religious show, I'd do that. I miss the comedy bits and great stories. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now