Men Vs. Ole Miss

WarTiger

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Auhud08 said:

Gritty win, but thats what it takes sometimes. Great way to fight, make adjustments and get a win. War Eagle!

Last year sucked in many ways, but the experience is paying dividends. Last year we would start hot and find a way to lose. This year we’re closing them out. Not only that, we can come out terribly and recover to win by double digits. 

Haven't watched enough basketball to know the answer but do the Clangas...well, clanga in basketball too? Think they'll be extremely tough.

I actually feel even better about this team now.  Overcoming a bad first half and a 10 point deficit shows what they are made of.....they are all fighters and they believe in themselves. This will pay dividends down the stretch.

WDE!

5 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

And we did it with very few 3’s attempted in second half.  Maybe 4-5?  Bruce made adjustments and the kids played hard

Someone posted earlier that since the 3's weren't falling, they wondered what plan B was. I guess we saw what plan B was. Be aggressive as all get out and take it to the hoop.

It is SO nice to have something Auburn-related to tune into post-football.

Really warms my heart.

I really wasn't sure what was going to get me through until the start of the Atlanta United season.

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! feels so good to end this ridiculous streak!!!! we should never lose 10 straight to ole miss in any sport! Andy Kennedy is our mark richt for basketball I guess lol. SO glad that is over!!!! Man I just love watching DeSean Murray play!!! That dude has one of the biggest hearts and competitive fire I have seen recently in a sport!!! He is 6 ft 3 and town there among the giants and not just holding his own with guys much taller than them but DICTATING what is going on down there. He is what has been missing in this program for awhile now! WAR EAGLE!!!! on to the hump.

1 hour ago, looney said:

It is SO nice to have something Auburn-related to tune into post-football.

Really warms my heart.

I really wasn't sure what was going to get me through until the start of the Atlanta United season.

Auburn softball has been it for me the past few years. College softball is just on another level of excitement compared to college baseball. I genuinely love it! now does it help we are one of the best programs in the country now? of course!

This was the worse we have played all year and it makes me happy. We started the game with no emotion and no offensive movement. Relying on the three and not even taking good threes, getting beat on the boards, getting out hustled down by 10 at half and it should have been worse. Then second half talk by Bruce. We made adjustments we forced the ball inside we were not pretty this was not what Auburn likes to do but we did it and we made it work. Blocking shots left and right, making free throws, winning lose balls, winning the boards. It never got pretty it was lunch pale basketball and we pulled away.

Last night we proved to me we are a really good team. I knew we had a bunch of great shooters and when we are hot we could beat any team in the country but you can't be hot every night and this team proved yesterday that they can win ugly. We have not had an Auburn team able to win ugly in a long time on the hardwood.

We now have Miss St. in Starkville, bama in Tuscaloosa, Georgia at home and Missouri in Columbus. That is a tough stretch with three of them away games and the one home game against Georgia which will be a very tough game. We need to win at least two of those games and I think we are capable of winning all 4. I am truly excited about Auburn BB future.

Balanced scoring is huge....in past years success depended on what just two or three guys were doing. Brown was ice cold in the first half as was about everyone from 3 but once we started going inside with Harper and Murray the mood changed and OM got into foul trouble...and we made FTs...and defense got serious.  A different team after the half.

I disagree with the lack of emotion and poor shot choices argument about the game last night. AU was aggressive on both ends, but OM was hitting and AU was not. They did give up a few transition baskets but that usually came from a miss on the 3 and a long rebound that started the break. The lack of emotion was mostly (likely?) frustration with shots not falling, so instead of forcing things in the second half, they took instruction and changed tactics. Then with the game going better for AU, they were able to hit some big threes to extend the lead.

In spite of the fact nothing was falling, they grinded (ground? grind? grindeded? I don't English so good...) out the first half and let the game come to them. They found OM's weaknesses and then put them away. That's something the previous teams lacked. The maturity to weather a long stretch, not let an off shooting night spoil everything, and have the patience to find what works and build off that. Basketball games are VERY rarely won in the first half.

9 hours ago, Tiger said:

I love how Horace has kept his havoc wreaking style of play while maintaining more body control this year 

finally! I have been trying to figure out Spencers style...and you just nailed it...lol.

I was at game...and he was a beast....a better untamed beast, who has learned to score, instead of pick up 3 fouls in the first 10 mins of game...

He has really helped Anferee inside..

all of this, and no Wiley...I haven't been this excited about Auburn basketball since I was a student ('98-'02).  What is even more exciting about this program, is that it looks like this can be sustained for several seasons.  It's been a 4-year build under CBP, but now the Fightin' Pearls have bought in as a team which will lead to incoming freshmen buying in quicker, which will lead to sustained success, which will lead to continued quality winter entertainment for years to come.  

With or without Wiley, I think this team can reach the Round of 16 if they stay injury free.  If the '02 team with Marquis being the only real scoring threat can do it, the4-14  Fightin' Pearls most certainly can.  

Looking forward to how they react on the road at The Hump.  Keep that chip, men!  

45 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

finally! I have been trying to figure out Spencers style...and you just nailed it...lol.

I was at game...and he was a beast....a better untamed beast, who has learned to score, instead of pick up 3 fouls in the first 10 mins of game...

He has really helped Anferee inside..

lolol exactly. He was guaranteed to be in foul trouble every game but he's now playing much better...and his new found hookshot was what helped us stay in the game last night

The Murray State win on the road was, to me, the primary turning point of the season. Murray State is 4-0 in OVC play, 12-3 overall. They have really hit their stride; they feature the top player in the OVC (Jonathan Stark) and should run through their conference schedule. Winning in that environment against a very high quality team was huge to build the trust and confidence that AU would need to pull out close victories in less-than-ideal circumstances. It's hard to believe, but we have the best coach and very possibly the best team in the SEC this year. I don't expect to win them all, but I sure expect to win most of them now. War Eagle!

War Eagle, Guys!! That was an impressive win from the standpoint of winning a game that we wouldn’t have won in years past. Down by 10 at half, winning by 15 with balanced scoring. Very impressive! 

I really only have 1 negative from watching all of these games -- especially the home games:

WHO THE HELL IS THAT GUY ALWAYS YELLING THAT I CAN HEAR THROUGH THE TV? HE IS SO ANNOYING!!! 

47 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I really only have 1 negative from watching all of these games -- especially the home games:

WHO THE HELL IS THAT GUY ALWAYS YELLING THAT I CAN HEAR THROUGH THE TV? HE IS SO ANNOYING!!! 

agree. I would think the University will look into controlling this situation if we contact the appropriate person. Not sure who that is though.

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

agree. I would think the University will look into controlling this situation if we contact the appropriate person. Not sure who that is though.

He either needs to shut up or get funnier.

Even the comment about how 14-1 is better than 9-6 (or w/e Bama's record is) was moderately funny but c'mon if you're going to be that loud you can't be lame

31 minutes ago, Tiger said:

He either needs to shut up or get funnier.

Even the comment about how 14-1 is better than 9-6 (or w/e Bama's record is) was moderately funny but c'mon if you're going to be that loud you can't be lame

My vote is that he SHUTS UP!!!  His voice is an unnecessary distraction and it is bothering people.

Archived