Austin Troxell

eulessau

How is  Austin doing?  Has he recovered well from his knee injury?  Does anybody know if he partipated during bowl practice, and if so, how he looked?

ACL repair. Whispers say:  from med standpoint he had a bit of a setback in recovery. Can’t go into specifics but he might be delayed in testing the knee. By this spring, he really needs to be pushing some weights on it...we will know more then. 

14 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

ACL repair. Whispers say:  from med standpoint he had a bit of a setback in recovery. Can’t go into specifics but he might be delayed in testing the knee. By this spring, he really needs to be pushing some weights on it...we will know more then. 

Thanks PTB.  Hope he’s able to overcome the setback.  Would love to see him on the field.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:49 PM, Linayus said:

Did he (or will he) get a medical redshirt?

I don’t think he saw the field last season, so that will automatically count as his redshirt year. 

If he at some point loses another season to injury, then he can apply to the NCAA for a medical hardship waiver to allow a sixth year.

If he has to miss another year I don't guess we'll be counting on him too much. I'm not down on him just sounds like his knee injury was much worse than we or Troxell realized

On 1/21/2018 at 12:49 AM, milehighfan said:

If he has to miss another year I don't guess we'll be counting on him too much. I'm not down on him just sounds like his knee injury was much worse than we or Troxell realized

I kinda thought the same about Shon Coleman. He was too determined to let cancer win. If Austin needs more time, hopefully he can stay the course. That also depends on the knee gods too. 

27 minutes ago, alexava said:

I kinda thought the same about Shon Coleman. He was too determined to let cancer win. If Austin needs more time, hopefully he can stay the course. That also depends on the knee gods too. 

Yeah, I guess it all depends on just how serious his injury is and how determined he is to overcome it.

Archived