Bryce Brown to give it a go tonight!

Auhud08

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Looks like UGA has lost their last two games by 15 points to Miss State and then to Vandy. Ouch. 

That only makes them more dangerous at home to me. And they get up for their next door rival. 

We will have to play at a high level w/o BB when playing teams like GA. It will be a dog fight (no pun intended).

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don't see us losing by double digits to any team not named Virginia. Knocking on wood as I type this. Also it will be interesting to see how UGA responds after severely hurting their tourney hopes by getting spanked by Vandy. Do they fire up or pack it up?

Losing by double digits..no..I agree with you...but...

....We seem to like to have double digit deficits during the game, and that bothers me, as it requires a lot of extra effort to overcome them. Even at home we have had them...

This GA game bothers me for a number of reasons. 1. We are a big rival to them, 2. they have lost 2 straight, 3.. and their backs are against the wall regarding the NCAAs as you mention.

Dangerous. 

21 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

I'm going 15-20

I used some division giving it's a road game. LOL

21 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hold him out till he is 100%. It is his shooting shoulder which makes it even worse obviously. We are not playing for Feb. We are playing for march. If it costs us a couple games while he is out so be it.

I doubt he will get back to 100% for the rest of this year. 

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I doubt he will get back to 100% for the rest of this year. 

Could be,  but by now everyone has bangs and bruises they play through.....just watch some of the falls the guys take....probably most are not 100% 

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Could be,  but by now everyone has bangs and bruises they play through.....just watch some of the falls the guys take....probably most are not 100% 

But your shooting shoulder.... when you are the primary shooter. 

34 minutes ago, alexava said:

But your shooting shoulder.... when you are the primary shooter. 

He is also a good defender and important playmaker too....miss all those skills when he is on the bench. 

I remember the kid called TSD who played off and on for two season with some kind of rig to keep his shoulder from dislocating.      Guess it depends on whether Brown wants to play and whether BP thinks he can contribute....but still, I would be inclined to at least let him sit out the game in Athens....JMO

PS...Deen was probably one of the toughest kids I've ever seen on a basketball court. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

He is also a good defender and important playmaker too....miss all those skills when he is on the bench. 

I remember the kid called TSD who played off and on for two season with some kind of rig to keep his shoulder from dislocating.      Guess it depends on whether Brown wants to play and whether BP thinks he can contribute....but still, I would be inclined to at least let him sit out the game in Athens....JMO

I agree but would he not shoot to protect the injured shoulder? Sometimes it’s admirable to “tough it out” but when you need rest to recover and have so much to accomplish... I just think you sit , like your last sentence. Brain over heart when you have 7 games left. Hopefully he’ll be ready to go soon. 

Don’t worry guys, I will be there so I will bring my gym shorts if I need to jump in the game.  There is a reason why they call me Vanilla Thunder.  

B8ECAEF9-4030-44E3-8161-9B4A48986DFF.gif

Assuming it doesn’t exacerbate his injury, we could probably use Bryce for about 10-12 minutes for his defense only.  He may put up a shot or 2 to keep GA honest ... Chumas (hopefully improved) defense against Maten may be the difference in the game.

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Assuming it doesn’t exacerbate his injury, we could probably use Bryce for about 10-12 minutes for his defense only.  He may put up a shot or 2 to keep GA honest ... Chumas (hopefully improved) defense against Maten may be the difference in the game.

Good point because Maten is doing a job on us right now....

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Good point because Maten is doing a job on us right now....

Maten is just a guy that is always going to get his. He’s good. Focus on limiting what’s around him and you’ll be sitting pretty, 

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

You were only barely right. 

It should have been 22-26, but I'll take the 17 point victory. I know a lot of you will say a win is a win though.

Just now, AU Is Gold said:

It should have been 22-26, but I'll take the 17 point victory. I know a lot of you will say a win is a win though.

Lol I was joking. Good call. I expected a fight til the end but AU just wore them down. 

21 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Lol I was joking. Good call. I expected a fight til the end but AU just wore them down. 

Yeah, I know. It looked like it was going to be close for a while there. I miss Bryce's defense intensity, some of that slack was picked up by Dunbar's aggressiveness.

1 hour ago, AU Is Gold said:

Yeah, I know. It looked like it was going to be close for a while there. I miss Bryce's defense intensity, some of that slack was picked up by Dunbar's aggressiveness.

I thought Mitchell’s defense really picked up this game too. Was able to defend the drive well. 

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Wonder how long Bryce will be out of the lineup. We sure need him back on the floor.

So true! Man, we were just lost without him.

Archived