Null



lionheartkc

Tigers are Stronger than Cancer

Recommended Posts





7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Since so many of you have been so kind as to continue to inquire about my health, especially here on the football board, I just wanted to let you all know that my doctor told me, today, that I am still cancer free (something he referred to as "extrordinary", considering how cancer riddled my liver was almost a year ago to the day, and the type of cancer it was). 

That being said, I don't want this to be about me. There are far too many Tigers on here who are fighting the good fight, so please, @Maverick.AU, @AUIH1, and anyone else who is winning the battle with cancer, use this thread to keep everyone informed so we can all pray for each other and keep the good thoughts going.

 

Many. many thanks for the thread, and if it gets moved,

I, for one, will religiously follow it!

Stay well soon, and later, and...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news Lionheartkc. Will continue praying for you and the others who are fighting this fight.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great news. Prayers for your continued good health.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I have my next PET scan the 21st, 2 days before my bday. It will about a year and 3 months since my cancer has been in remission

Expecting you to keep setting the pace. My goal is to keep up but not catch up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news lionheartkc!!  I did not know you had liver cancer.  That is a real tough one.   Congrats.  I have my 1st PET scan post treatment on 3/16 and another soft tissue neck scan (again post treatment) on 3/23.  I am getting really nervous, but I am also trying to be positive since my type of cancer has an 80% cure rate.

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Great news lionheartkc!!  I did not know you had liver cancer.  That is a real tough one.   Congrats.  I have my 1st PET scan post treatment on 3/16 and another soft tissue neck scan (again post treatment) on 3/23.  I am getting really nervous, but I am also trying to be positive since my type of cancer has an 80% cure rate.

 

 

All the best wishes I can muster.

Do well!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

Great news lionheartkc!!  I did not know you had liver cancer.  That is a real tough one.   Congrats.  I have my 1st PET scan post treatment on 3/16 and another soft tissue neck scan (again post treatment) on 3/23.  I am getting really nervous, but I am also trying to be positive since my type of cancer has an 80% cure rate.

 

 

I actually don't have liver cancer. I have this super rare crap called neuroendocrine cancer (same stuff Steve Jobs had, except he, unfortunately, had it in his pancreas). It had just metastasized to my liver by the time we found it (we never found the source). It's considered incurable. I also have, or had, colon cancer (completely seperately from the first), but there was about a 70% chance that we cut all of it out when I had surgery, which the tests have, so far, shown to be the case.

I get the nerves man. Just remember that the entire Tiger family is rooting for just like you were standing at 1st and goal on the 1 in Jordan Hare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I actually don't have liver cancer. I have this super rare crap called neuroendocrine cancer (same stuff Steve Jobs had, except he, unfortunately, had it in his pancreas). It had just metastasized to my liver by the time we found it (we never found the source). It's considered incurable. I also have, or had, colon cancer (completely seperately from the first), but there was about a 70% chance that we cut all of it out when I had surgery, which the tests have, so far, shown to be the case.

I get the nerves man. Just remember that the entire Tiger family is rooting for just like you were standing at 1st and goal on the 1 in Jordan Hare.

Dang man. You have it far more complicated and difficult than I do regarding cancer.  Just know, as much as we disagree about AU coaching stuff, I support you 100% in your cancer fight.

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

All the best wishes I can muster.

Do well!

Thanks.   It is appreciated.  Before I had to go through it, a few friends of mine who have had to do deal with cancer and cancer treatment told me that "No one would understand what it meant to go through hard rounds of chemo and radiation unless they went through it themselves."   They were so right. And I didn't even have to go through surgery on top of chemo and radiation.

 

Edited by AUIH1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lionheartkc, @Maverick.AU, @AUIH1

I am proud to "know" you guys, who have such courage and faith and such a positive attitude. We are here with you, rooting for you all, and supporting you with humor, the distraction of an argument, and most importantly, our prayers. Keep on being Tiger Strong!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 12:52 PM, lionheartkc said:

Since so many of you have been so kind as to continue to inquire about my health, especially here on the football board, I just wanted to let you all know that my doctor told me, today, that I am still cancer free (something he referred to as "extrordinary", considering how cancer riddled my liver was almost a year ago to the day, and the type of cancer it was). 

That being said, I don't want this to be about me. There are far too many Tigers on here who are fighting the good fight, so please, @Maverick.AU, @AUIH1, and anyone else who is winning the battle with cancer, use this thread to keep everyone informed so we can all pray for each other and keep the good thoughts going.

 

Wonderful post!  I hope all of you will continue to regain your health and live life to the fullest! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prayers for you all! Folks like us that have never heard the words "You have cancer" cannot possibly understand what y'all have been through. Just thinking about how y'all feel when you are about to get the results of a scan makes me dizzy-headed. Keep fighting the good fight you all! The Auburn family loves you and is pulling for you!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this thread lionheart!

I honestly had no idea some of y'all were fighting this demon.  The term "Never to Yield" has a whole new meaning in circumstances like this.  

I know I come across as a royal jackass on here sometimes ~ but at the end of the day I love all of y'all and admire you for your strength.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, gr82be said:

@lionheartkc, @Maverick.AU, @AUIH1 Keep the faith. You are heroes everyday. 

FB-mountain.jpgIt

When you have a wonderful wife and three wonderful daughters, you do what you have to do to move the mountain. 

wde

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Pet scan clear! At around a year and 3 months of being cancer free!

Never expected anything less. Keep paving the way for the rest of us to follow.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Never expected anything less. Keep paving the way for the rest of us to follow.

Appreciate all of your support, brother! Same goes to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Pet scan clear! At around a year and 3 months of being cancer free!

Woot woot! WDMav!

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now