Let's try this again - Why the F.B.I. Raid Is Perilous for Michael Cohen — and Trump

AUDub

3 hours ago, auburn41 said:

Since when is OK to call half the US voting population retarded.  Is this the "Smack Talk Forum?"  I would not call US Citizens that vote for a Democrat "retarded."  It is too much of an insult to retarded people!

I think it is ok over here as long as you bash Trump on regular basis. Post more 41. Good question, that caught my eye last night.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when is OK to call half the US voting population retarded.  Is this the "Smack Talk Forum?"  

First a victim.

I would not call US Citizens that vote for a Democrat "retarded."  It is too much of an insult to retarded people!

Then a hypocrite. 

19 hours ago, auburn41 said:

Since when is OK to call half the US voting population retarded.  Is this the "Smack Talk Forum?"....

Good point.  It was far less than half.  <_<

I get the feeling Cohen's lawyer is an idiot. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michael-cohen-stormy-daniels-lawsuit-violates-my-5th-amendment-rights

If you’re going to ask a federal judge to stay a civil case because a criminal investigation implicates your fifth amendment right, your lawyer can't go around claiming you aren't exercising that right. 

17 hours ago, alexava said:

Taste is absolutely important. Curiosity is creeping into the equation though. So I sense I am about to splurge and waste about 1.39$. 

When it is free and abundant, one develops a taste for it.  A few local bars previously used it for quarter beer nights.  That should tell you all you need to know in order to form a reasonable taste expectation.

49 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

When it is free and abundant, one develops a taste for it.  A few local bars previously used it for quarter beer nights.  That should tell you all you need to know in order to form a reasonable taste expectation.

You just jogged some old memories. Those 25cent beer nights. Ugg. There is a gentleman’s club just across the Tennessee line that had free beer from 6-8 every Tuesday, I’m going way back to 1993-94. It was draft and the tap always had Budweiser and Miller light but that was the “awfulest” beer. My group was a bunch of young 20s mostly broke and flocked up there to be cussed by the toothless waitresses for not tipping enough. 

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

You just jogged some old memories. Those 25cent beer nights. Ugg. There is a gentleman’s club just across the Tennessee line that had free beer from 6-8 every Tuesday, I’m going way back to 1993-94. It was draft and the tap always had Budweiser and Miller light but that was the “awfulest” beer. My group was a bunch of young 20s mostly broke and flocked up there to be cussed by the toothless waitresses for not tipping enough. 

I worked at a bar in Michigan for a while that did $1 Heilman's Old Style cans on Sundays.  Best worst beer ever.

A hearing is being held today on the materials seized during the raid. Interestingly, the judge overseeing the hearing is Kimba Wood, a Reagan nominee that Clinton tapped for AG in 1993 before nannygate dissolved her candidacy.

Don't see this going in Cohen's favor, as a magistrate signed off on the warrant, but district judges have disagreed with magistrates in the past. 

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:25 PM, alexava said:

Shhhh. I’ll bring my own. I must also admit I’ve never tried a PBR. 

PBR is slightly better than Falstaff ? 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Seems like I remember her from 1990-91 near Troy State.......Thursday night 25cent beer.........may be her sister ? 

"...as an officer of the court..."="you had better not be lying to a judge"

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

As was said in my prior thread, he's toast. 

It certainly takes away from Cohen's attorney's argument that the searches were "inappropriate and unnecessary"

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

It certainly takes away from Cohen's attorney's argument that the searches were "inappropriate and unnecessary"

Yeah. Judge Wood is not happy about that. Weaseling in front of a judge is a good way to **** your case right up. 

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Cohen is a fixer.  A bag man. 

Just happens to be a lawyer, which ain't gonna cover his ass.

Exactly. 

Archived