Let's try this again - Why the F.B.I. Raid Is Perilous for Michael Cohen — and Trump

AUDub

6 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I must agree.

At this point, the best course of action for Hannity would be to  JUST! SHUT! UP! There's a damn good reason you clam up if the feds are ever sniffing around. Do not try to talk your way out of it. Do not try to cast yourself in the best light possible. Don't even tell the truth. Shut the **** up, retain an attorney and only speak in carefully controlled circumstances with your attorney present. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SaltyTiger said:

That would be sorta nice.....JMO

Lol...I must admit I have never been crazy about Hannity...........5 minutes in Iam done radio or television.........not sure if it is his personality or that I always thought of him as a Rush lackey.

And now an op-ed in WaPo. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/outlook/trumps-problem-isnt-that-he-has-bad-lawyers-its-that-hes-a-bad-client/2018/04/19/5bf7d43a-4352-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.04aabbcbf17e&__twitter_impression=true

Time and time again, President Trump and his associates have talked themselves into legal trouble. Trump’s splenetic tweets about foreigners were quoted in court opinions blocking his immigration initiatives. When Trump proclaimed he had no idea that his attorney Michael Cohen had paid adult-film actress Stormy Daniels for her silence, her lawyers cheered — the president had just handed them a very plausible argument that the nondisclosure agreement she signed with Cohen was unenforceable. Like his client, Cohen has caused problems for himself, careening from one ill-advised public outburst to another about Daniels, derailing his efforts to enforce the nondisclosure agreement and probably assisting the federal criminal investigation that culminated in searches of his home, office and hotel room this month. During special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, former Trump advisers Michael Flynn and George Papadopoulos have pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI, and indictments against his former campaign manager Paul Manafort and Manafort’s associate Richard Gates include similar charges. These are all self-inflicted wounds; any good attorney would advise against them.  

When wealthy and powerful people make such bad decisions, it’s tempting to assume they must have gotten terrible legal advice. But that’s rarely true. Yes, for most people, there is a crisis of good lawyering in America: Quality legal advice is too expensive. Our public defenders are overworked and underfunded. Few Americans can afford to litigate a civil dispute at all, let alone do so aggressively with elite lawyers. But when the rich and powerful — the self-styled “masters of the universe” — make legally disastrous decisions, it’s usually because they’ve either ignored their attorneys or self-indulgently chosen the wrong lawyers for the job.

So got a question for you there Mr. President.  Why would you be even remotely concerned about if Cohen "flips" assuming you are innocent, as you've said is the case?  Wouldn't you want Cohen to be transparent at that point to clear your name?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-he-doesnt-think-personal-lawyer-will-flip/ar-AAw8SqM?ocid=spartandhp

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

So got a question for you there Mr. President.  Why would you be even remotely concerned about if Cohen "flips" assuming you are innocent, as you've said is the case?  Wouldn't you want Cohen to be transparent at that point to clear your name?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-he-doesnt-think-personal-lawyer-will-flip/ar-AAw8SqM?ocid=spartandhp

I don’t think anything will come of this re Trump. Similar to Hillary investigation , proponents will amuse their fancy and exhaust their hype, but to no avail.

17 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I don’t think anything will come of this re Trump. Similar to Hillary investigation , proponents will amuse their fancy and exhaust their hype, but to no avail.

I tend to agree.  I just think his tweet begs the question of "why is he commenting about a potential flip in the first place if there's nothing there?"

28 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I tend to agree.  I just think his tweet begs the question of "why is he commenting about a potential flip in the first place if there's nothing there?"

He should retire from twitter. 

35 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

"If you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to fear" doesn't really apply here. Criminals make up stories to get deals and prosecutors are professionally credulous about stories that advance their narrative. That may not be the case with Trump, but it’s how the system works, so I will somewhat come to his defense on this one. 

10 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

He should retire from twitter. 

He needs to shut up. Bluster isn't the way to go on this one. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

wk1y9im.png

In my defense, I said somewhat. I'm sure Trump hasn't thought that deeply about it. 

33 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

In my defense, I said somewhat. I'm sure Trump hasn't thought that deeply about it. 

Never figured you for a President Trump supporter :poke:

• 3 months later...

What a coincidence. Manfort was found guilty on 8 of 18 counts while Cohen pleads within minutes of each other. 

19 minutes ago, AUDub said:

What a coincidence. Manfort was found guilty on 8 of 18 counts while Cohen pleads within minutes of each other. 

But Trump in innocent of everything he could have ever done. Haha. You have to remember that. 

14 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

But Trump in innocent of everything he could have ever done. Haha. You have to remember that. 

Cohen implicated him directly. I mean, damn. 

Archived