Null



boomstick

2018 offseason recruiting

Recommended Posts

Figured there might be a need for a thread about all the possible JUCOs and transfers that were considering Auburn. There usually isn’t a lot of info out there on these recruits as basketball coaches try to keep this stuff really quiet. 

Here’s the first name I’ve seen explicitly tied to Auburn. Brandon Mahan 6’6” SG from Chipola JUCO in Florida. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Mitchell, Heron and Murray, with a possibility of Wiley / Brown / Harper, all gone. That is 3 Scholly’s for sure and 3 Scholly’s potentiality gone and we only have 1 possible reclass in Babatunde Akingbola

Hagan and Montgomery just announced to UK.

So who’s left for this year, since it is so late?

Edited by AlaskanFAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've had at least one great player from Chipola so maybe this will work out well for us too...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Mitchell, Heron and Murray, with a possibility of Wiley / Brown / Harper, all gone. That is 3 Scholly’s for sure and 3 Scholly’s potentiality gone and we only have 1 possible reclass in Babatunde Akingbola

Hagan and Montgomery just announced to UK.

So who’s left for this year, since it is so late?

Patrick Keim was on scholarship too. So we’ve got 4 scholarships available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Mitchell, Heron and Murray, with a possibility of Wiley / Brown / Harper, all gone. That is 3 Scholly’s for sure and 3 Scholly’s potentiality gone and we only have 1 possible reclass in Babatunde Akingbola

Hagan and Montgomery just announced to UK.

So who’s left for this year, since it is so late?

I’d be very surprised if we take a HS kid besides Akingbola. So, what’s left is a bunch of JUCO, true transfer, and grad transfer options. There are a bunch of JUCO showcases coming up in the next few weeks. And there have been a ton of kids announce their intentions to transfer for next year. It’s just hard to get a lot of info right now unless a kid comes on a visit or openly talks about Auburn recruiting him. Coaches just aren’t going to talk about it much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Mitchell, Heron and Murray, with a possibility of Wiley / Brown / Harper, all gone. That is 3 Scholly’s for sure and 3 Scholly’s potentiality gone and we only have 1 possible reclass in Babatunde Akingbola

Hagan and Montgomery just announced to UK.

So who’s left for this year, since it is so late?

Not worried about Brown and Harper. They could be lights out and still project really low on the draft boards. Don’t fault them for testing the waters though. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both of his brothers (Tobias & Tyler) played for Bruce. I’m sure if Bruce wants him he’ll join.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apr 12

Visiting Texas Southern tomorrow for an official visit, Samford grad-transfer Justin Coleman is down to a group of Arizona, UAB, St Louis, NKU, Auburn, SMU, Marquette & Ohio State, a source tells Rivals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to see AU’s interest in Tye. He’s a very underrated player.  GA 4A Player of Year and leader of his back-to-back, 63-0 State Championship team.  HS Head Coach is AU’s own Darrell Lockhart, who played for Sonny Smith back in the day.  Seems to really like the new Ole Miss coach after signing with him at MTSU before the coach was hired for the Ole Miss HC job. If AU doesn’t get Tye, we’ll be seeing a lot of him at either Ole Miss or UGA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former #63 player in the country, 7 ft Ikey Obiagu is transferring from Florida State. We recruited him out of high school. He would redshirt and then have 3 years to play. We could really use his size in the middle, especially with Spencer graduating and Wiley gone either this year or next. 

He’s already a force on the defensive end. A redshirt year would allow him to develop offensively.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2018 at 9:52 PM, Gr82batigr said:

Glad to see AU’s interest in Tye. He’s a very underrated player.  GA 4A Player of Year and leader of his back-to-back, 63-0 State Championship team.  HS Head Coach is AU’s own Darrell Lockhart, who played for Sonny Smith back in the day.  Seems to really like the new Ole Miss coach after signing with him at MTSU before the coach was hired for the Ole Miss HC job. If AU doesn’t get Tye, we’ll be seeing a lot of him at either Ole Miss or UGA. 

He commits today but doesnt appear we are going to get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Former #63 player in the country, 7 ft Ikey Obiagu is transferring from Florida State. We recruited him out of high school. He would redshirt and then have 3 years to play. We could really use his size in the middle, especially with Spencer graduating and Wiley gone either this year or next. 

He’s already a force on the defensive end. A redshirt year would allow him to develop offensively.

Nice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Former #63 player in the country, 7 ft Ikey Obiagu is transferring from Florida State. We recruited him out of high school. He would redshirt and then have 3 years to play. We could really use his size in the middle, especially with Spencer graduating and Wiley gone either this year or next. 

He’s already a force on the defensive end. A redshirt year would allow him to develop offensively.

WANT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

He commits today but doesnt appear we are going to get him.

Georgia 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Were the first two offers from Auburn not enough?

Maybe others from University of Auburn

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now