2020 4* WR Kobe Hudson COMMITS TO AU (4/27/18)

The Plainsman

I love the way he makes separation between himself and the cover guy without OPI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I love the way he makes separation between himself and the cover guy without OPI.

And he hasn’t even played the position in a year. Just think how good he would be with more time at WR.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And he hasn’t even played the position in a year. Just think how good he would be with more time at WR.

I really believe CGM is starting to get the message that he’s got to update his route tree, and going after all these high end receivers is great news! Hopefully Dilly has something to bring in helping that happen. With Bo as our future at qb  I think we can do it, and if Gatewood starts I hope he can get it going as well.

• Love 1

33 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Javarrius Johnson?

Nope. Can't name him but he didn't sign with us.

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is his last initial eorge Pickens?

Winner winner chicken dinner

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is his last initial eorge Pickens?

I see he somehow qualified.....I knew he would. Maybe he'll be a cancer and bring ole kirby down like jimbo at FSU.

That Hudson guy looks pretty good though. Glad we have him committed. 

Edited by AU80cruiser
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, toddc said:

I really believe CGM is starting to get the message that he’s got to update his route tree, and going after all these high end receivers is great news! Hopefully Dilly has something to bring in helping that happen. With Bo as our future at qb  I think we can do it, and if Gatewood starts I hope he can get it going as well.

Lol. I was talking about him having to play QB for his high school out of need.

14 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I see he somehow qualified.....I knew he would.

FWIW he was going to qualify had he stuck with AU also per people very close to the program.

Edited by ellitor

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Lol. I was talking about him having to play QB for his high school out of need.

Sorry, I was just making a general statement and wasn’t really addressing your post. It was an observation about the direction of the offense because of the emphasis on big receivers and the quality we’ve been getting; and the potential of Bo Nix as a passing qb. If JG wins the job we need him to be able to utilize these receivers as well.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

Auburn commit making smooth transition from QB to WR

Today 6:09 AM

2-3 minutes

By Josh Bean | jbean@al.com

Troup County (Ga.) coach Tanner Glisson said he considered moving Auburn commit Kobe Hudson from quarterback to receiver full-time.

That’s the position Hudson played as a freshman and sophomore and where he’s projected to play at Auburn, despite accounting for nearly 5,000 yards of total offense and 48 touchdowns as a quarterback last season.

Glisson said he even discussed the possible position change with Auburn coach Gus Malzahn.

“Gus acted like it was not a big issue,” Glisson said. “He said to do what we need to do to win a championship.”

That means Hudson will play quarterback, Glisson said, and could line up at receiver, running back or just about anywhere on the field this fall.

This week, though, Hudson is a full-time receiver at The Opening Finals recruiting showcase in Frisco, Texas, and he already looks like a polished receiver.

He’s making 1-handed catches. He’s running crisp routes. And he looks comfortable catching passes instead of throwing them.

“I do a lot of quarterback and receiver stuff at my school,” Hudson said. “I play 7on7 with Cam Newton, so I’ve got a lot of receiver work this summer also.”

Hudson – one of 13 committed players in Auburn’s Class of 2020 – is currently the Tigers’ highest-rated offensive player at No. 82 nationally, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings. He plans to graduate in December, enroll at Auburn in January and immediately become a full-time receiver.

Hudson showed his athleticism by running for 1,410 yards last year, averaging more than nine yards a carry and running for more than 100 yards in Troup County’s last four games.

Hudson said he’s also used his appearance at The Opening Finals to try to recruit for Auburn, too.

The Tigers got commitments from receiver Ze’Vian Capers and linebacker Wesley Steiner this week, and both are also at The Opening Finals. Both are also Georgia high school starts, like Hudson.

“I’m recruiting a lot of guys. I’m trying to build the class,” Hudson said. “It’s a good class, for sure.”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Decent game he had

https://www.ajc.com/blog/high-school-sports/top-performances-from-week-troup-hudson-accounts-for-566-yards-tds/8IuPSYc2VSN6YS2MP4ehhN/

Kobe Hudson, a senior quarterback from Troup, is the GHSF Daily State Player of the Week for his performance in the Tigers' 65-24 victory over Ridgeland last week. The award will be presented to Gibbs this week at Troup High School.Hudson passed for 326 yards and three touchdowns and rushed for 240 yards and three touchdowns in his team's opening game. It's not Hudson's first outstanding performance. An AJC Super 11 selection, Hudson passed for 3,386 yards and 32 touchdowns while rushing for 1,410 yards and 18 touchdowns last season as a junior. 

"Our offensive line is a lot better, so that allowed him to do more things Friday night," Troup coach Tanner Glisson said. "Last year, he had to run around more and make plays on his own. Now he stays within the system. It's his second year playing quarterback. Last year he was new to the position. He's done a great job. He's as good as I've had in 20 years of coaching. [Auburn coach] Gus Malzahn is getting a good one." 

Hudson is committed to Auburn, where he is projected as a wide receiver. 

• Like 2

Had to pull the Kobe Hudson thread back out. Kid is a special baller. Troup County has him playing QB this year. In Fridays game he had a combined 566 yards in offense. 240 on the ground and the rest passing. He most likely will play WR for AU and go into the long line of kids that played QB in HS and become WR's at AU. This is a great get. Kid with tons of talent and knows the game.

19 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

So uhhh... are we sure we want this guy playing WR?    326 passing yards doesn't just happen without having some arm talent... 

Not having multipass options are keeping Gus awake at night, Kristi said.   She said that was a marquee play he had at Shiloh Springs, which helped them win state.

This kid is filling that "need".

20 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

So uhhh... are we sure we want this guy playing WR?    326 passing yards doesn't just happen without having some arm talent... 

Thought I had replied to this. He’s a wide receiver recruit all the way. He’s playing quarterback out of need but even his high school coach says he’s a  wide receiver going forward.