Trump Can't Afford to Admit His Failures With North Korea

The administration has no choice now but to carry on the pretense that the negotiations are proceeding favorably.

Think of the past few months of President Trump’s Korea policy as a drama, unfolding in multiple acts.

Act I: Trump impulsively agrees to meet North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un. Perhaps unaware that the North Koreans have sought such a summit meeting for decades, Trump boasts that he has extracted a major concession.

Act II: Trump gradually comes to appreciate that he has been duped. To prove that he’s a winner, not a fool, he begins to oversell the summit, promising that the denuclearization of North Korea is at hand.

Act III: The North Koreans issue a public statement refuting Trump’s boasts. No, they will not denuclearize. And oh, by the way, it’s Trump who must pay tribute to them, not the other way around: If he wants his summit, he should cancel joint U.S.–South Korean exercises.

We’re in Act IV right now—and Act V has yet to be written.

As of midday on May 16, the Trump administration was reacting to the embarrassment of Act III by denying that anything untoward has happened. Throughout his career, Trump has coped with failure by brazenly misrepresenting failure as success....

Read the rest at: https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/05/trump-north-korea-summit/560621/

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Trump is such a failure. How in the hell did the democrats get their asses handed to them by him!!!!! Russia?

Read the piece?

If so, what exactly did you take issue with?

If not, wtf did you respond?

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Read the piece?

If so, what exactly did you take issue with?

If not, wtf did you respond?

I responded to insinuate the overarching truth you have to face every day brother Homer.

9 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I responded to insinuate the overarching truth you have to face every day brother Homer.

I'll take that as a "no", you didn't read it.  

22 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

yeah it's hard to admit failures by Trump on NK when there aren't any. Just wishful BS thinking

13 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

yeah it's hard to admit failures by Trump on NK when there aren't any. Just wishful BS thinking

I know you didn't read it.

19 hours ago, homersapien said:

I'll take that as a "no", you didn't read it.  

No I did not. If you were someone who would give Trump an ounce of due credit, I’d be more inclined to read your articles. Unfortunately, your reflexive nature towards him won’t let you :(

Vox, The Atlantic, Clown News Network, Washington Composte,etc.......all the usual hit pieces.....as usual.....no need to read until all mistakes are removed.....which could take months?

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Vox, The Atlantic, Clown News Network, Washington Composte,etc.......all the usual hit pieces.....as usual.....no need to read until all mistakes are removed.....which could take months?

Those are sources. Publishers.

If you want to attack "the hit pieces" you'll need to do that one article at time.  Point out the particulars that are wrong and why they are wrong.  It does help to have an attention span that can exceed 280 characters. 

Perhaps that's your problem.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Those are sources. Publishers.

If you want to attack "the hit pieces" you'll need to do that one article at time.  Point out the particulars that are wrong and why they are wrong.  

It does help to have an attention span that can exceed 280 characters.  Perhaps that's your problem.

Very kind of you to imply I have some sort of learning disability.

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

No I did not. If you were someone who would give Trump an ounce of due credit, I’d be more inclined to read your articles. Unfortunately, your reflexive nature towards him won’t let you :(

If you aren't even going to read my posts, then I suggest you just ignore them.  Then you won't look so petty. 

3 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I'm a kind person.  After all, I could just assume you were stupid.

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If you aren't even going to read my posts, then I suggest you just ignore them.  Then you won't look so petty. 

I did ignore it. I only read the title. Is that ok?

50 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Who really cares about who you assume "stupid" Brother Homer. 

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

And yet they whine and complain about the very rhetoric they employ themselves.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Kind people don’t have to resort to such a personal attestation. 

Im sure you’re ok in real life

Trump's failures in North Korea? I suppose that refers to Trumps' failures as opposed to the resounding success of Obama, Bush and Clinton? LMAO! The only smidgen of success we've had with North Korea in over 50 years is due to Trump. These lefty articles are a HOOT!

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Trump's failures in North Korea? I suppose that refers to Trumps' failures as opposed to the resounding success of Obama, Bush and Clinton? LMAO! The only smidgen of success we've had with North Korea in over 50 years is due to Trump. These lefty articles are a HOOT!

You don't know what you're talking about.

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/dprkchron

There have been starts and stops in this story for years.  Hopefully Trump can be an agent for positive change, but for goodness sakes research a bit before you make claims about how historic Trump's influence in the matter has been.

Archived