safety CJ Harris ineligible

AUDub

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Even with Sessions and his threats to go after recreational marijuana, he hasn't done so. And more and more states are completely legalizing it. 

He reversed the Obama DOJ's hands off policy. Things like this tend to terrify people in the medical/recreational marijuana industry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sessions-is-rescinding-obama-era-directive-for-feds-to-back-off-marijuana-enforcement-in-states-with-legal-pot/2018/01/04/b1a42746-f157-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html?utm_term=.5967571b57bb

"'It is the mission of the Department of Justice to enforce the laws of the United States, and the previous issuance of guidance undermines the rule of law and the ability of our local, state, tribal, and federal law enforcement partners to carry out this mission,' the attorney general said in a statement. 'Therefore, today's memo on federal marijuana enforcement simply directs all U.S. Attorneys to use previously established prosecutorial principles that provide them all the necessary tools to disrupt criminal organizations, tackle the growing drug crisis, and thwart violent crime across our country.'

Sessions announced his decision in a memo sent to U.S. attorneys. He said prosecutors should disregard the old guidance and instead use their discretion — taking into consideration the department's limited re­sources, the seriousness of the crime and the deterrent effect that they could impose — in weighing whether charges were appropriate."

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

However I doubt that will happen in my lifetime in this state. Even if it's legalized on a federal level. If it is, they will let individual states make their own decisions. Which it usually goes through medical first, then decriminalization, then legalization. Which won't likely happen in my lifetime. Maybe my son's. 

It will be a long time in Alabama, but it will happen eventually.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Except that it is legal. Carly's Law... the more you know...

I mean marijuana in general.  I think they should legalize it, regulate it and tax it like alcohol.

23 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Leni's Law is what made it where basically anyone can have it. It made it where it can be bought all over the state in different kind of stores. It's not like it has to be bought at pharmacies. It can be bought at sleazy gas stations all over the state, much less ordered online, and "head" shops (which would most likely turn into dispensaries with legalization.)

If you read Leni's Law, it doesn't allow for the production or sale of CBD oil. Technically, patients who are recommend CBD oil (doctors also can't prescribe under Leni's Law, just recommend) have to order it from states that allow the sale of it. 

Now, I don't know if the law has been changed since it was passed. I know amendments were recommended, but in 2016, it was not legal to sell or possess CBD oil in Alabama. There was just a provision that allowed doctors to speak for people arrested for it so that they could not be prosecuted.

18 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I mean marijuana in general.  I think they should legalize it, regulate it and tax it like alcohol.

But not like California. They have over-taxed it and driven it right back into the black market.

12 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I just don't know how the NCAA would be able to define a legitimate use, and then screen players who are using it. Unless you create an extremely narrow exception, like limiting it to individual's diagnosed with epilepsy (recorded history of seizures, etc.), you are going to have a really substantial amount of players across all sports, divisions, etc. who are trying to take advantage of the exception.

I think the exception part is easy. Was it prescribed by a legitimate doctor? If the answer is yes, the exception should be made. It's not like CBD oil effects football in any way. Now, as to the screening... they either need to use a more thorough test that pinpoints THC levels (which is more expensive, but college football is fat with cash) or they just need to trust that kids with medical problems sever enough to be prescribed CBD aren't going to use marijuana. 

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

If you read Leni's Law, it doesn't allow for the production or sale of CBD oil. Technically, patients who are recommend CBD oil (doctors also can't prescribe under Leni's Law, just recommend) have to order it from states that allow the sale of it. 

Now, I don't know if the law has been changed since it was passed. I know amendments were recommended, but in 2016, it was not legal to sell or possess CBD oil in Alabama. There was just a provision that allowed doctors to speak for people arrested by the state for it so that they could not be prosecuted.

Insertion mine

and even there (by my reading) it doesn't preclude arrest or prosecution, but does provide a positive defense to such

2 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Insertion mine

and even there (by my reading) it doesn't preclude arrest or prosecution, but does provide a positive defense to such

Right... and technically the people who have it are breaking federal trafficking laws by getting it from other states...

17 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Please forgive my ignorance, but

would state of Ala. have allowed even if NCAA did?

Either way, sucks.

State of Alabama allows OTC selling of the product. You see signs advertising everywhere.

i have depression, anxiety,ocd and sometimes panic attacks. been seeing a shrink and the meds were horrible. th i am doing the right thing tho if caught i could go to jail oughts of suicide were a daily thing. talking to my shrink i told him i was a sometime pothead. he confided in me that most of his older patients self medicated with pot with great results. so i told him i was going to try it. guess what? no more suicidal urges and i deal with things a lot better. personally i am convinced i am doing the right thing. now if i get busted that might be different but as small an amount as i usually have around i doubt i would do any jail time. but i think it is a damn shame pols and law enforcement as whole they will not listen to docs and others who would love to treat folks with a way less harmful substance than the meds they give you. and of course i am sure big pharma is fighting it as they could stand to lose a ton of money. i just wish our vets had access to it. we still have 22 vets a month killing themselves. sad they will not do more.

17 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:
15 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I'm pretty sure it's based solely on it's legality. Marijuana is still a schedule 1 drug under federal law.

Schedule 1 is such a hypocrite law the rules for being classified as an S1

• The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
  • The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical treatment use in the U.S.
  • It has a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision.

Neither applies to marijuana it's classed the same as heroin, lsd, ghb, etc... Know what isn't a S1 Meth and Cocaine. 

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have depression, anxiety,ocd and sometimes panic attacks. been seeing a shrink and the meds were horrible. th i am doing the right thing tho if caught i could go to jail oughts of suicide were a daily thing. talking to my shrink i told him i was a sometime pothead. he confided in me that most of his older patients self medicated with pot with great results. so i told him i was going to try it. guess what? no more suicidal urges and i deal with things a lot better. personally i am convinced i am doing the right thing. now if i get busted that might be different but as small an amount as i usually have around i doubt i would do any jail time. but i think it is a damn shame pols and law enforcement as whole they will not listen to docs and others who would love to treat folks with a way less harmful substance than the meds they give you. and of course i am sure big pharma is fighting it as they could stand to lose a ton of money. i just wish our vets had access to it. we still have 22 vets a month killing themselves. sad they will not do more.

Thanks for sharing. That must have been a very difficult time. I'm glad you've found something that allows you to feel like yourself again. Yours is an all too common story - and one of the reasons why the use of cannabis needs to be legalized, in the very least for medical purposes. I personally support full legalization/decriminalization. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Thanks for sharing. That must have been a very difficult time. I'm glad you've found something that allows you to feel like yourself again. Yours is an all too common story - and one of the reasons why the use of cannabis needs to be legalized, in the very least for medical purposes. I personally support full legalization/decriminalization. 

now ya know what i meant when i said yesterday in the i love auburn thread i was not drunk but working on a buzz............lol. and for the record it really is a huge help. i have some serious anger issues that i keep buried. and also when i medicate i usually love everybody.........lol

8 minutes ago, wde1968 said:

Just curious, but how did I get cited for stuff I never said?

System glitch?????

Sigh..and with schedule 1 drugs, it’s so much harder for researchers to buy them to test and run trials (non-human at least). I work with a drug and toxins research lab, and even within class 1 drugs..we can order as much heroin as we want without anybody batting and eyelash, but marijuana... Too many hoops to jump through for it to even be worth it most of the time. Pretty sad and bass ackwards.

2 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Just curious, but how did I get cited for stuff I never said?

System glitch?????

hey auld is the faux meant folks or fake?   lol

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

hey auld is the faux meant folks or fake?   lol

Both. Intentionally. I try to be accommodating.

Thanks for asking.

Just now, AUld fAUx@ said:

Both. Intentionally. I try to be accommodating.

Thanks for asking.

come on over if ya not the popo mr faux and we might medicate............lol we can hit the streets after with you driving and go flirt with some women........

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

come on over if ya not the popo mr faux and we might medicate............lol we can hit the streets after with you driving and go flirt with some women........ go get something to eat. I'm starving. 

FYP

16 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

and also when i medicate i usually love everybody.........lol

Bonus points for weed over alcohol. I was on a flight, Wednesday, where this guy across from us was super nice. He even offered us some of his drink tickets. Unfortunately he used two of them himself and when the flight landed, he was a belligerent a$$ who was cussing at everyone because he couldn't get off the plane fast enough. 

I've never met someone who turned into a jerk when they used weed.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Bonus points for weed over alcohol. I was on a flight, Wednesday, where this guy across from us was super nice. He even offered us some of his drink tickets. Unfortunately he used two of them himself and when the flight landed, he was a belligerent a$$ who was cussing at everyone because he couldn't get off the plane fast enough. 

i have seen pot turn a jerk into a saint............lol

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

FYP

Technologically challenged.

Had to look up FYP, and

there was a discussion by Jimmy Buffet, on one of his albums, concerning a late night at Krystals that would be perfect here if I could find it in either video-clip or gif form.

18 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Indeed, and if they are being a jerk, it's because that's just what they are.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Indeed, and if they are being a jerk, it's because that's just what they are.

One could argue that about alcohol as well, and the alcohol just removed their ability to hide it.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Thanks for the testimony. We need more people with voices like this reaching the public, especially in the south. 

A buddy of mine went to get a physical recently and his doctor basically endorsed the use of MMJ to treat various issues instead of big pharma...in a state where a police chief was beating his chest over shutting down a head shop that sold CBD(legal in all 50 states). 

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

CBD(legal in all 50 states). 

Since people keep making this erroneous statement (not calling you out, Shocks, you aren't the first). 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/monazhang/2018/04/05/no-cbd-is-not-legal-in-all-50-states

Archived