If Roe v. Wade gets overturned, it wouldn’t ban abortion

NolaAuTiger

8 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

It doesn’t matter what I say. You lock in to the “she hates Trump” retort. The executive branch makes the SCOTUS appointees so it is a factor, albeit one you seem to ignore. 

Evangelicals supporting Trump isn’t a hypothetical, it’s fact. Abortion being the cause for their support is also fact. I don’t know if you are a church goer or not but I can assure you that anti abortion messages are preached in pulpits across the country. This was a central factor in evangelical support for Trump. 

And I could say the same for you in regards to showering us with the same stuff. When facts are given you insult. When an opinion is expressed, you belittle. 

Holy crap dude. No one is fighting about evangelicals supporting Trump, yet you’re obsessiveness persists. Listen to what you’re saying. You’re blaming Trump for the “abortion debate” and calling out evangelicals.

Your insight is irrelevant to the OP.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I don’t know if you are a church goer or not but I can assure you that anti abortion messages are preached in pulpits across the country

I must have missed church those Sundays. Guess friends and acquaintances did also because I never heard anyone mention that sermon and I am in Trump country. Mexico Beach Fl. population 1250 + or - a few. We know exactly how many democrats live in the area....keep a close eye on them.?

I do have thoughts on abortion and it did not take a hypocritical evangelist that owns a jet schooling me. It took a visit to the doctor with my wife a few weeks after we were expecting our first son. I was amazed.

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Holy crap dude. No one is fighting about evangelicals supporting Trump, yet you’re obsessiveness persists. Listen to what you’re saying. You’re blaming Trump for the “abortion debate” and calling out evangelicals.

Your insight is irrelevant to the OP.

I’m not blaming him for the debate, it’s existed for awhile. What I’m saying is that his election was the catalyst for this to be moved to the forefront of national dialogue. Why that escapes your comprehension is mind boggling. 

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

I must have missed church those Sundays. Guess friends and acquaintances did also because I never heard anyone mention that sermon and I am in Trump country. Mexico Beach Fl. population 1250 + or - a few. We know exactly how many democrats live in the area....keep a close eye on them.?

I do have thoughts on abortion and it did not take a hypocritical evangelist that owns a jet schooling me. It took a visit to the doctor with my wife a few weeks after we were expecting our first son. I was amazed.

What denomination are you?  If you’d been in my church the day after the election you’d have heard one.

How hard is this for you? You’re like a child, blabbering irrelevance. 

By all means, keep derailing the thread. You’re clearly incapable of staying in one lane.

Any other names you want to add to the list? 

Ive repeatedly explained my position and you hurl playground insults with no rebuttals. Is this hoe the big kids do it?

2 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

What denomination are you?  If you’d been in my church the day after the election you’d have heard one.

Y'all got nothing on us. 

9 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

If you’d been in my church the day after the election you’d have heard one.

No, I would not have heard one. I would have walked out of your church.

Just now, GiveEmElle said:

Lol, who is “us”?

Catholics. 

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

No, I would not have heard one. I would have walked out of your church.

I stayed. I realize that abortion is considered murder by the church. I even sat thru his lies about body parts being sold online from aborted fetuses. But I walked out that night when he called protestors whiny babies who didn’t get their way. 

38 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I’m not blaming him for the debate, it’s existed for awhile. What I’m saying is that his election was the catalyst for this to be moved to the forefront of national dialogue. Why that escapes your comprehension is mind boggling. 

It would have been at the forefront of the national dialogue no matter which republican won. Your point is minimal

24 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Any other names you want to add to the list? 

Ive repeatedly explained my position and you hurl playground insults with no rebuttals. Is this hoe the big kids do it?

Your position on trump and evangelicals is minute to the discussion though. Talk about federalism and those concerns.

On 7/11/2018 at 11:32 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

“Real life consequences” that if a state bans abortion, a poor person might decide to abort their child themselves because they can’t travel, thus states should think twice before banning it, should they get that authority? That’s preposterous. 

I suppose the purpose of states banning abortion is becuase they think it’s wrong. 

Ok? Does that apply to you too? If that’s the logic then why are YOU engaging with me in this discussion. 

Believing that poor people can travel to get abortions doesn’t make me privileged. My goodness you’re very thin skinned. 

Therefore, for her sake,we should keep it at the federal level. No other considerations matter. Keep it at the federal level for the small percentages of poor people who can travel in their own state-no problem, but not across state lines.

If this is your ammo of defense, I feel bad for those who you’re defending. Much more competent arguments could be made.

I thought we discussed - and agreed upon - why bundling a bunch of responses together in just one post is not a good thing.

On 7/11/2018 at 11:43 AM, NolaAuTiger said:

One side has wanted it repealed ever since the ruling was issued, and one side has wanted it protected. Each side mentions it whenever there’s a scotus nomination.

This isn’t some hidden point, camouflaged in the depths of rigorous rhetoric.

Well then, we agree, your statement was pointless.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I thought we discussed - and agreed upon - why bundling a bunch of responses together in just one post is not a good thing.

I would rather address each separate question collectively, in one post. That’s why I quoted all of the responses. 

That said, reading back I should’ve been exercised more maturity and given greater thought to articulate my rebuttals. @AUDub expressesed himself well.

56 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

At least your pope is critical of our god chosen POTUS. 

Pro life before it was cool. :cool:

(Not entirely untrue. Before Roe v. Wade, abortion was largely viewed as a Catholic problem. The rise of the religious right was what made it an Evangelical problem.)

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

@GiveEmElle In hindsight, I was wrong to belittle you and Loof. I could’ve expressed my disagreement as to the relevancy of your position in a different manner. 

I apologize.

I don’t mind that. I know you adore me. And this is a smack talk forum. But at least through a little meat in with the insults. Back up the insults. ?

14 hours ago, japantiger said:

They get 1/3 of their funding from the fed.  If they don't need money to do abortions anymore; they can take there private funding and actually provide family services.  But since, in my proposal, we would be spending several orders of magnitude more dollars on family planning for high abortion populations (75% of all abortions are black and hispanic); then funding PP is completely unnecessary.

The funding they get from the government is used exclusively for family services.  The money they get from private donations can be used however they see fit.

And PP provides clinics and providers.  For the government to fund anything, they have to pay someone like PP to actually provide the facilities and services. 

Defunding Planned Parenthood would hinder access to care

Alongside other safety net providers like community health centers, Planned Parenthood is an important partner in providing high-quality care to underserved communities. If Planned Parenthood centers are closed or defunded, there is no guarantee that other health care providers will be able to serve their patients. In many instances, doctors, community health centers, and other clinics simply don’t have the capacity to provide care to all the patients currently served by Planned Parenthood. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO, which produces independent analyses of budgetary issues for Congress) has estimated that up to 25 percent of patients served by Planned Parenthood could lose their access to care if the organization lost its federal funding. 

https://familiesusa.org/blog/2017/01/four-reasons-planned-parenthood-essential-health-care-provider

The argument for blocking federal funds for this organization from those who back the AHCA primarily focuses on the organization’s potential interchangeability of federal funding with non-federal funding for abortion services... Only 3 percent of Planned Parenthood’s operations are devoted to abortion; the remaining services include screenings for various cancers and STDs, family planning and contraception for women and men, and reproductive health research and education....

Though Planned Parenthood centers only make up 10 percent of publicly supported safety-net family planning centers, they serve 36 percent of the patients who receive publicly-supported contraceptives from these facilities. Additionally in 21 percent of the counties where a Planned Parenthood is present, it is the sole provider of contraceptive services for low-income women. In 68 percent of counties, Planned Parenthood provides contraception for at least half of these women.

http://scopeblog.stanford.edu/2017/03/23/reflecting-on-the-importance-of-planned-parenthood/

Understanding Planned Parenthood’s Critical Role in the Nation’s Family Planning Safety Net

• Research shows that Planned Parenthood health centers are better able to deliver high-quality, timely contraceptive care to more women than other types of publicly funded family planning providers.
  • Policies excluding Planned Parenthood from the family planning safety net disregard the facts and would have negative consequences for women nationwide.

https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2017/01/understanding-planned-parenthoods-critical-role-nations-family-planning-safety-net

Why Planned Parenthood funding is more important than you think

A recent report in the Obstetrics & Gynecology analyzes these trends. They find a doubling of maternal mortality rates in Texas during the period coinciding with the state’s dramatic reduction in funding to family planning clinics in 2011 and 2013. Between 2010 and 2012, the adjusted maternal mortality rate in Texas increased from 18.6 deaths per 1000 live births per year to almost 40. Though the maternal mortality rate dropped slightly below 35 by 2014, it remained much higher than maternal mortality rates before the reduction of funding to family planning clinics.

The report indicates that governmental funding cuts to family planning clinics – including those that offer abortions – significantly impact the health of all women. These clinics do not exist just to terminate pregnancies, but to also ensure that women are healthy before, during, and after pregnancies. In fact, abortion services account for only 3% of all services at Planned Parenthood clinics. Following the funding changes in Texas, 25% of family planning clinics closed and organizations provided these services to 54% fewer clients in fiscal year 2012-2013.

https://sites.duke.edu/sjpp/2016/why-planned-parenthood-funding-is-more-important-than-you-think/

Why We All Need Planned Parenthood

A politicized view of Planned Parenthood is that it is a sort of Pied Piper of abortion provision, luring young teens in for this service alone. The reality is that 83% of those seeking services at Planned Parenthood are 20 or over, and 75% are there for services to prevent pregnancy.

And emphasizing the gap that Planned Parenthood fills, almost 80% of those they serve have household incomes at or below 150% of the federal poverty cutoff, which is $28,410 for a family of five or $11,770 for a one-person household. The organization has reported that 14% of its clients are black.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillingham/2015/11/29/why-we-all-need-planned-parenthood/#5051979b5ae9

1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

I don’t mind that. I know you adore me. And this is a smack talk forum. But at least through a little meat in with the insults. Back up the insults. ?

I don’t think I was entirely “meatless.” Lol

I’ll do better. Count on it.

Your position on trump and evangelicals is minute to the discussion though. Talk about federalism and those concerns.

Just DM me the talking points next time. ?

Archived