Tagovailoa Family Relocates from Hawaii to Alabama

tigeraddikt

I'm not trying to stir any pot here; I honestly want information. What type of work/financial situation were the Tagovailoas in where they can uproot their family from Hawaii and instantly and seamlessly replant in Alabama? Since the older son's signing with the Bamms, I have just assumed that the REC set the whole family up for the relocation, a la the Feds with Witness Protection lol. Does anyone know anything about what type of work the Tagovailoas do, or how they could afford to do this? DISCLAIMER: I'm not insinuating they are bad people or that any crime was committed or rule broken, just curious. Maybe they're well-off, financially stable people who could afford to move from expensive Hawaii to cheap Alabama when their Blue Chip son gets a scholly there? 

Considering the outrageous cost of living in HA compared to AL and the fact that both of their sons go to uat - I do not think there is a whole lot of fishy business going on to sell a house there and buy one here with $$$$ left over. People get hooked up with jobs all the time and EVERY school. Honestly - good for them.

2 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

I have just assumed that the REC set the whole family up for the relocation,

Is that wrong?:laugh:

Did some quick googling, but cant find anything on their jobs. I think it just comes down to cost of living in Alabama is pennies compared to Hawaii. 

2 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

I'm not trying to stir any pot here; I honestly want information. What type of work/financial situation were the Tagovailoas in where they can uproot their family from Hawaii and instantly and seamlessly replant in Alabama? Since the older son's signing with the Bamms, I have just assumed that the REC set the whole family up for the relocation, a la the Feds with Witness Protection lol. Does anyone know anything about what type of work the Tagovailoas do, or how they could afford to do this? DISCLAIMER: I'm not insinuating they are bad people or that any crime was committed or rule broken, just curious. Maybe they're well-off, financially stable people who could afford to move from expensive Hawaii to cheap Alabama when their Blue Chip son gets a scholly there? 

I don't have any idea what the Tagovailoa's financial or social status is in Hawaii but  I do know from personal experience that Hawaii is very expensive as I was stationed there for  three years during my Marine Corps career. This situation reminds me of the Reggie Bush affair at USC  when USC got put on probation for financing a house for Bush's family and Reggie had to return his Heisman trophy because of the financial aid from USC. I would guess there was probably more violations that USC was guilty of but  we don't know if  that contributed to their  being put on probation. I would not be surprised if the REC was behind all of this Tagovailova business but I don't know for sure and probably never will but it just seems it's right up their alley.

WDE

here is something that might tell you more about living in ha. going back quite a few years back a civil service job in alabama pais roughly 15 to 20 bucks an hour. saw a job listing for the same job in ha and the pay was 36 dollars an hour. and the fed base pay on certain living areas is always figured from a cost of living standpoint. and that was probaly twenty or more years ago.

3 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

Considering the outrageous cost of living in HA compared to AL and the fact that both of their sons go to uat - I do not think there is a whole lot of fishy business going on to sell a house there and buy one here with $$$$ left over. People get hooked up with jobs all the time and EVERY school. Honestly - good for them.

I have a family member that owns a house in Hawaii and rents it. Plans to retire there one day and it will be paid for by others so they could plan a return one day when their sons are finished with school. With the fact that both sons will receive a full ride they may just be planning to live off of the college tuition they saved up that they won't have to spend now on education. Just a thought. 

Well....bammer has a long tradition of providing housing for the families of their football recruits. It's a recruiting tool for them and they are never sanctioned for it. There has been plenty of evidence available to the NCAA should it ever decide to become an ethical institution which upholds it's own regulations. I have no doubt that assistance was provided. Tua's family is Samoan, and they are of fairly modest means. He has 3 other siblings so moving a larger family from Hawaii would be very, very expensive. Tua's little brother will probably go to bammer as well so it's a good deal for the REC.

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Is that wrong?:laugh:

This is what I'd like to know?

His family's been living in b'ham for 2 yrs now, so what spurred the sudden curiosity? 

What about all of the nearly dozen uat QB's that never panned out?  Who set up those families living arrangements?  

Nick Fanuzzi (transfer-Rice)/Star Jackson (transfer-GaState)/Phillip Sims(transfer-Virg & then D2 Winston Salem State)/Phillip Ely(transfer-Toledo)/Alec Morris(transfer- NoTexas)/Cooper Bateman(transfer-Utah)/Parker McLeod(transfer-West Kent)/Luke DelRio(transfer-UF)/David Cornwell(transfer-Nevada)/Blake Barnett(transfer-USF)??????? 

SO many questions - SO few answers

8 hours ago, keesler said:

This is what I'd like to know?

His family's been living in b'ham for 2 yrs now, so what spurred the sudden curiosity? 

What about all of the nearly dozen uat QB's that never panned out?  Who set up those families living arrangements?  

Nick Fanuzzi (transfer-Rice)/Star Jackson (transfer-GaState)/Phillip Sims(transfer-Virg & then D2 Winston Salem State)/Phillip Ely(transfer-Toledo)/Alec Morris(transfer- NoTexas)/Cooper Bateman(transfer-Utah)/Parker McLeod(transfer-West Kent)/Luke DelRio(transfer-UF)/David Cornwell(transfer-Nevada)/Blake Barnett(transfer-USF)??????? 

SO many questions - SO few answers

As usual....you like to doubt what some of us know to be true. I'm not about to post publicly on this forum what I personally witnessed but there are posters here who know what goes on.  Believe what you want....but that still doesn't mean these things don't happen. It's been going on for decades. I mentioned this before but maybe you should read Donald Watkins' fb posts about "Sweet T", Megan Rondini, Adam Bailey and the trail that leads to powerful bammer boosters. These are not just internet rumors about the bammer machine. 

On 7/17/2018 at 10:08 AM, AUcivE09 said:

Visited Maui last October for a couple weeks. You dang right it's expensive in Hawaii! However, many of the residents we met lived a pretty simple life like Alabamians...but with a MUCH better view. Absolutely beautiful and cultured place to be. I wouldn't leave! 

1 hour ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Visited Maui last October for a couple weeks. You dang right it's expensive in Hawaii! However, many of the residents we met lived a pretty simple life like Alabamians...but with a MUCH better view. Absolutely beautiful and cultured place to be. I wouldn't leave! 

The only way I'd leave is if my loins produced athletic talent that could produce at the DI level in the States.  If my son was good enough to get a free ride, room/board, tuition/fees/books, tutoring, top shelf nutrition and training program and they'd get prime time visibility to showcase their talents, I'd leave paradise to watch my son play ball on Fall Saturday's.  And if I some how produced TWO athletic specimens, I'd dang sure want to be present and "in person" to watch 'em play ball.  

Hawaii ain't going anywhere - what's wrong with moving back once your boy's playing days were over?  Spend retirement in paradise, but life's too short to miss out on being with your kids during such a special time in their lives.  Is someone forcing his parent's to stay in the state of Alabama for the rest of their lives?

9 minutes ago, keesler said:

The only way I'd leave is if my loins produced athletic talent that could produce at the DI level in the States.  If my son was good enough to get a free ride, room/board, tuition/fees/books, tutoring, top shelf nutrition and training program and they'd get prime time visibility to showcase their talents, I'd leave paradise to watch my son play ball on Fall Saturday's.  And if I some how produced TWO athletic specimens, I'd dang sure want to be present and "in person" to watch 'em play ball.  

Hawaii ain't going anywhere - what's wrong with moving back once your boy's playing days were over?  Spend retirement in paradise, but life's too short to miss out on being with your kids during such a special time in their lives.  Is someone forcing his parent's to stay in the state of Alabama for the rest of their lives?

I stated so in humor. If they're able to do so then...much power to them. Some families may be able to do that while others may not despite Alabama being cheaper than Hawaii. Relocating from there isn't exactly easy. Personally, i'd want my kids to go off an have their own experience as a young adult. Yes, it would be tough not to see them play in person every game but every parent can't do that. 

On 7/17/2018 at 9:08 AM, AUcivE09 said:

Do you know for a fact that they owned a home in Hawaii? Or that they actually sold it if they did own a home? And no.....EVERY school does not move entire families, provide housing, jobs and cars with free gas as part of their recruitment package.

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Do you know for a fact that they owned a home in Hawaii? Or that they actually sold it if they did own a home? And no.....EVERY school does not move entire families, provide housing, jobs and cars with free gas as part of their recruitment package.

No. I don't know that. Maybe they rented in Hawaii. If they were given a home - yeah, that is bad. Same for cars and other things. But I don't know that happened. Hooked up with a job? Ill stand by every school does this. The OP only addressed moving - I just assumed they hooked up with a job while we are all speculating here. 

This might be hard to believe but after three years in Hawaii I was ready to leave. Yes, it is beautiful and I am glad I got lucky enough to be stationed there but after three years I wanted to be able to drive more that 10 miles without running into water. I was lucky, I flew helicopters there and got to see sights that even tourists that spend thousands to be there never get to see. I don't regret being there but everything has its limits. I longed for temps in the 40s or even 30s after a while and that never happens in Hawaii. It's a great place to visit but I would never want to be there permanently but that is just me. If you get the chance to go, do it. The Pearl Harbor tour is a must. You stand over a bridge and can look down on the Arizona and see the gun turrets and then take a short trip a few hundred yards away and visit the USS Missouri where the surrender of the Japanese took place to end WWII. Aloha

WDE

On 7/18/2018 at 11:31 PM, Slammer1 said:

This might be hard to believe but after three years in Hawaii I was ready to leave. Yes, it is beautiful and I am glad I got lucky enough to be stationed there but after three years I wanted to be able to drive more that 10 miles without running into water. I was lucky, I flew helicopters there and got to see sights that even tourists that spend thousands to be there never get to see. I don't regret being there but everything has its limits. I longed for temps in the 40s or even 30s after a while and that never happens in Hawaii. It's a great place to visit but I would never want to be there permanently but that is just me. If you get the chance to go, do it. The Pearl Harbor tour is a must. You stand over a bridge and can look down on the Arizona and see the gun turrets and then take a short trip a few hundred yards away and visit the USS Missouri where the surrender of the Japanese took place to end WWII. Aloha

WDE

I believe you, my in-laws live on Kauai and it is nice to visit but after a week i'm ready to be back home.    They picked the worst place to retire to because we can't afford to go visit them.   

On 7/24/2018 at 9:40 PM, meh130 said:

Didn't the REC get Dee Dee Bonner a job as a marketing VP or something at some company in Mobile?

Yes.

From a friend that is a coach in the state of Alabama (used to be college now in high school): "Originally it was arranged that they would end up in Georgia at Propst's school for their younger son to play at Colquitt County, but once they landed here and found how far away it was a call was immediately made to Freeman at Thompson and arrangements were made for them to live in Alabaster."

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 1:40 PM, autkidd2823 said:

From a friend that is a coach in the state of Alabama (used to be college now in high school): "Originally it was arranged that they would end up in Georgia at Propst's school for their younger son to play at Colquitt County, but once they landed here and found how far away it was a call was immediately made to Freeman at Thompson and arrangements were made for them to live in Alabaster."

Ding ding. 

Also, search property deeds to see where they own in Shelby County: no results will be found.

As the jingle goes.... “The big dog’s got it.”

On 8/2/2018 at 1:40 PM, autkidd2823 said:

Pat Nix?

Just made me think about Trent Richardson. Remember when he went pro and his mom was quoted in the paper saying Something along the lines of she didn't know what she was gonna do now. They had got her this job of house sitting while he was in school, and she didn't know what she was supposed to do now that he wasn't going to school there anymore. 

Anyways, I'm sure Tua's parents could acquire a job house sitting if they needed it. 

Honestly, I bet nobody in the country had any doubts they would be living in bama after they told the story about his parents in the nat. Championship game. For me it wasn't a question of if, but a question of when. Kind of surprised it took that long, but I guess the natty game was kind of his coming out party. 

On on a personal note, I moved my daughter in to school at AU for her freshman year a couple weeks ago, and ever since then I have been trying to figure out when we are gonna move there. So if any of you know of any house sitting jobs in or around the loveliest village hit me up. Lol

Archived