Tagovailoa Family Relocates from Hawaii to Alabama

tigeraddikt

1 hour ago, TXaubie said:

Just made me think about Trent Richardson. Remember when he went pro and his mom was quoted in the paper saying Something along the lines of she didn't know what she was gonna do now. They had got her this job of house sitting while he was in school, and she didn't know what she was supposed to do now that he wasn't going to school there anymore. 

Anyways, I'm sure Tua's parents could acquire a job house sitting if they needed it. 

Honestly, I bet nobody in the country had any doubts they would be living in bama after they told the story about his parents in the nat. Championship game. For me it wasn't a question of if, but a question of when. Kind of surprised it took that long, but I guess the natty game was kind of his coming out party. 

On on a personal note, I moved my daughter in to school at AU for her freshman year a couple weeks ago, and ever since then I have been trying to figure out when we are gonna move there. So if any of you know of any house sitting jobs in or around the loveliest village hit me up. Lol

They didn't recently move.  They moved during the spring of 2017 in time for the younger brother to get enrolled at Thompson and be eligible to play last season.  

This crap by UAT is nothing new. Way back when, future NFL QB Richard Todd committed to Auburn. Todd's mom was a nurse somewhere in Mobile. In short order, Mom Todd was named to a Department Head position in the UAT School of Nursing, something she was clearly not qualified for. Todd changed his mind and signed with bammer. Surprise, surprise!

This involves bama so lots of people are concerned about it....but it's not that unusual for parents (though often a single parent) to follow a scholarship athlete to the area where the son is playing ball.. I have seen that from several Duke and UNC basketball moms and a few families over the years......though maybe they only planned to spend one year in North Carolina :).

A noted with Tua.....it's only a snippet out of their lives.....and can't blame them....whether bama fans help them or not.  Hawaii will be there when they want to go back unless that hurricane changes things.     

But moving to Alabama to watch their son play back-up.....probably did not think about that did they?  

In a recent article about Najee Harris, his mom said she moved to Tuscaloosa as well. Meanwhile, the press jumps all over TAMU for allegations of $300. 

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

This involves bama so lots of people are concerned about it....but it's not that unusual for parents (though often a single parent) to follow a scholarship athlete to the area where the son is playing ball.. I have seen that from several Duke and UNC basketball moms and a few families over the years......though maybe they only planned to spend one year in North Carolina :).

A noted with Tua.....it's only a snippet out of their lives.....and can't blame them....whether bama fans help them or not.  Hawaii will be there when they want to go back unless that hurricane changes things.     

But moving to Alabama to watch their son play back-up.....probably did not think about that did they?  

It was also discussed that Hawaii is an extremely expensive place to live. And it's not always a paradise for working class people who are actually from there. 

I don't know anything about their finances. But both of their sons with NFL potential were guaranteed full rides and the most high profile audition for the NFL draft there is. bama probably blurred some lines but there is hardly anything here to get up in arms over. In fact, I'd hope that Auburn would be able to help a family in their situation out in a similar way. Plenty of situations in which the letter of the law isn't as important as the spirit of it. 

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It was also discussed that Hawaii is an extremely expensive place to live. And it's not always a paradise for working class people who are actually from there. 

I don't know anything about their finances. But both of their sons with NFL potential were guaranteed full rides and the most high profile audition for the NFL draft there is. bama probably blurred some lines but there is hardly anything here to get up in arms over. In fact, I'd hope that Auburn would be able to help a family in their situation out in a similar way. Plenty of situations in which the letter of the law isn't as important as the spirit of it. 

There would be an immediate NCAA investigation if Auburn was suspected of helping a family in this way.  

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

+1

Some folks act like this is some foreign concept.

I fail to see how in our state where both AU/UA alumni run the business/commerce/law/medicine/engineering/retail/marketing/forestry industry, etc. that an alum of either school offering a place of employment to the family member of a student-athletic on scholarship would be out of the ordinary and a bad thing?

My God, in the state of Georgia alone a ton of UGA alum damn sure employ a ton of UGA's student-athletes families.  UGA's roster had +85 in-state players on their football team last year.  The likelihood of dozens those 85 players having a parent(s) employed by a UGA alum/booster (which is a label given to anyone that is a season ticket holder) is very very high.  Same for Louisiana where a ton of their athletes are in-state as well and have no other in-state school to recruit against - or Kentucky/Louisville in basketball - Mississippi in baseball.

Do people honestly think this is segregated to uat only?  

Hell, less than 12 months ago we had a freaking Asst head coach (former AU athlete) on our own staff working behind the scenes deals with the family members (also former AU athletes) of a stud player, they were all AU people.  :dunno: 

Do some research on how TJ Yeldon’s dad all of a sudden got back surgery at UAB after he screwed AU at the last min.  The family was also relocated.  

On 8/24/2018 at 11:33 AM, keesler said:

Hell, less than 12 months ago we had a freaking Asst head coach (former AU athlete) on our own staff working behind the scenes deals with the family members (also former AU athletes) of a stud player, they were all AU people.  :dunno: 

Yes we did. The coach was fired and is pending trial in federal court  and the players were suspended for an entire season. One was suspended for a season plus 9 games. Additionally, two other assistants were suspended for reasons that were never given and their fates remain unknown to this day. Those violations didn't even have anything to do with recruiting.

What consequences are those who received extra benefits at UAT suffering?

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:33 PM, keesler said:

+1

Some folks act like this is some foreign concept.

I fail to see how in our state where both AU/UA alumni run the business/commerce/law/medicine/engineering/retail/marketing/forestry industry, etc. that an alum of either school offering a place of employment to the family member of a student-athletic on scholarship would be out of the ordinary and a bad thing?

My God, in the state of Georgia alone a ton of UGA alum damn sure employ a ton of UGA's student-athletes families.  UGA's roster had +85 in-state players on their football team last year.  The likelihood of dozens those 85 players having a parent(s) employed by a UGA alum/booster (which is a label given to anyone that is a season ticket holder) is very very high.  Same for Louisiana where a ton of their athletes are in-state as well and have no other in-state school to recruit against - or Kentucky/Louisville in basketball - Mississippi in baseball.

Do people honestly think this is segregated to uat only?  

I'm pretty sure the NCAA makes a distinction between a pre-existing relationship (e.g., a player's relative has been working for a booster/alumnus of a university  for years) and a job opportunity that 'just happens' to come up for a player's relative while that player is either being recruited or enrolled at that university.    

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, McLoofus said:

The point is....it cannot be used as a recruitment tool in the way that bammer uses it. I'm not sure why that seems to be so difficult for some of you to understand. This is not the same thing as simply helping a family in need.

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

The point is....it cannot be used as a recruitment tool in the way that bammer uses it. I'm not sure why that seems to be so difficult for some of you to understand. This is not the same thing as simply helping a family in need.

Because that's not the case at all. We understand perfectly. We just disagree.

This is where you've stopped having a civil disagreement and are just being obnoxious and rude over a topic that most people aren't even particularly invested in. Shame.

On 7/26/2018 at 11:01 AM, aubietiger14 said:

I believe you, my in-laws live on Kauai and it is nice to visit but after a week i'm ready to be back home.    They picked the worst place to retire to because we can't afford to go visit them.   

Ever think that was on purpose ... I kid, I kid!

As an aside ... fwiw and not that it really has anything to do with the main point of this thread ... I know a kid who’s buddies with Tua and he is supposedly a good kid.

23 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Ever think that was on purpose ... I kid, I kid!

HAHAHA!   One would think that but they badger us constantly about never coming to visit.  

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Because that's not the case at all. We understand perfectly. We just disagree.

This is where you've stopped having a civil disagreement and are just being obnoxious and rude over a topic that most people aren't even particularly invested in. Shame.

Pointing out a fact is not being rude. You just don't like it so now you are the one calling me names and being uncivil. 

bammer football is not about anything but winning at any cost. There is nothing altruistic involved. 

A school cannot "help a family" and stay in compliance with NCAA rules. Pat Dye got fired and Auburn was put on probation because Eric Ramsey was given $300 and a cardboard box full of food to help pay rent and feed his wife and small son.

How far in the crapper should bammer be for moving relatives of players around as they see fit? Way far! The NCAA rules have no allowance for humanitarian actions, those are violations and should be punished. UAT slips by because of the REC and other connections.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

A school cannot "help a family" and stay in compliance with NCAA rules. Pat Dye got fired and Auburn was put on probation because Eric Ramsey was given $300 and a cardboard box full of food to help pay rent and feed his wife and small son.

How far in the crapper should bammer be for moving relatives of players around as they see fit? Way far! The NCAA rules have no allowance for humanitarian actions, those are violations and should be punished. UAT slips by because of the REC and other connections.

You are 100% correct.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, meh130 said:

Didn't the REC get Dee Dee Bonner a job as a marketing VP or something at some company in Mobile?

She came to my company a few months ago on behalf of United Way. She introduced herself as Dee Dee McCarron.

Archived