Brown Liquor Time

fredst

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If you can get Blanton's at MSRP, then I might have to take you up on that. Let me check a couple spots locally and see what they have and don't have and what prices are like. There's a new place that has some nicer bottles, but I think they might be gougey. 

It’ll probably be dropping here in a couple weeks and I can get it for like 60 something with my discount. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’ll probably be dropping here in a couple weeks and I can get it for like 60 something with my discount. 

Awesome. 

If you don't here back from me about beers, poke me. 

Oh, and if there are any other bourbons that I should be asking about but am not, you know I always trust and appreciate your recs. 

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Toppling Goliath (Pseudo Sue, King Sue, etc.) and stuff from Brewing Projekt are two of the main ones that land in ATL that I’m wanting. And yes, to Humble Forager. I’ve also heard that the hazys  from Wild Leap have been bangers too. 

We get both Westbrook and Edmund’s Oast here. Solid breweries. 

Yeah buddy, we've got some Brewery Projekt. See below for what's on offer from the 3 breweries discussed. I can do mixed sixers at cost there so very easy to mix it up/custom fit it. 

That goes for everyone, btw, in case anyone else is looking to trade. 

r5iQZOFKRfrOsTYdp41a6eFVJSUYdlGhWDBWInOp

image.png

LoW1tVlFJMbreSUvCfVCJDPRWpzeYeXbuzQMUUgg

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah buddy, we've got some Brewery Projekt. See below for what's on offer from the 3 breweries discussed. I can do mixed sixers at cost there so very easy to mix it up/custom fit it. 

That goes for everyone, btw, in case anyone else is looking to trade. 

r5iQZOFKRfrOsTYdp41a6eFVJSUYdlGhWDBWInOp

image.png

LoW1tVlFJMbreSUvCfVCJDPRWpzeYeXbuzQMUUgg

Pics aren’t showing 😕

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sorry about that...

PXL_20210507_172118546.jpg

PXL_20210507_171958306.jpg

PXL_20210507_172056758.jpg

I’ve never had any Brewing Projekt, so can mix and match whatever from them, Humble Forager, and Toppling Goliath. We can do $ for $ beer for Blanton’s. Unless you wanted to do a strictly beer trade. 

27 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ve never had any Brewing Projekt, so can mix and match whatever from them, Humble Forager, and Toppling Goliath. We can do $ for $ beer for Blanton’s. Unless you wanted to do a strictly beer trade. 

Nope, that works! I'll start assembling next week. Would you rather have two each of fewer different beers or one each of more different beers? Hope that makes sense.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nope, that works! I'll start assembling next week. Would you rather have two each of fewer different beers or one each of more different beers? Hope that makes sense.

Ones would be good for expanded variety. I’ll be splitting all of them with my wife most likely. Having her interested in craft beer is a blessing and a curse. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Ones would be good for expanded variety. I’ll be splitting all of them with my wife most likely. Having her interested in craft beer is a blessing and a curse. 

Can. Re. Late.

Thank goodness 16 oz cans have been normalized.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

@ShocksMyBrain, is BTAC stuff dropping early this year? My social feeds are ate up with random raffles.

It depends by area/state really. It may have dropped even in my distributor warehouse as well, but they allocate stuff based on sales of various products over the course of the year. So we won’t be getting it until December regardless.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

She's a keeper and ima keep her.

PXL_20210527_231024615.jpg

Dude...... not an Islay guy when the summer heat hits but when the the weather cools in the fall and we can sit by my outdoor fireplace......I think that you should bring that bad boy over so that I can help you with it

Edited by fredst
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

Dude...... not an Islay guy when the summer heat hits but when the the weather cools in the fall and we can sit by my outdoor fireplace......I think that you should bring that bad boy over so that I can help you with it

I'd like that quite a bit. You got room for @Tiger Refugeand @ShocksMyBrain? Don't worry, a sleeper sofa or floor space will be fine for them.

We can decide day of whether or not to turn on the Auburn game. 

• Love 2

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I'd like that quite a bit. You got room for @Tiger Refugeand @ShocksMyBrain? Don't worry, a sleeper sofa or floor space will be fine for them.

We can decide day of whether or not to turn on the Auburn game. 

I have a garage apartment that sleeps 6 pretty comfortably. Costs one shot of Lagavulin (or the equivalent) nightly....

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, fredst said:

I have a garage apartment that sleeps 6 pretty comfortably. Costs one shot of Lagavulin (or the equivalent) nightly....

I'm not sure my last house comfortably slept six.

I'll buy more Lagavulin.

Hoo boy. This stuff is 57.8% and doesn't hide a bit of it.  Almost more brine than peat. Big lemon. Water sweetens it nicely but doesn't put the fire out. This really is the irresponsible younger brother of the 16.

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not sure my last house comfortably slept six.

I'll buy more Lagavulin.

Well, they are single beds with trundles so pretty close quarters. Pretty good for girl sleepovers so probably ok for whiskey drinkers, lol

• Love 2

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Hoo boy. This stuff is 57.8% and doesn't hide a bit of it.  Almost more brine than peat. Big lemon. Water sweetens it nicely but doesn't put the fire out. This really is the irresponsible younger brother of the 16.

Didn't know this bottle existed. Reading your comment as you think the 16 is better...is that correct? I'm in the Chattanooga area today and am going to hit a bunch of stores this afternoon to see if I find anything interesting so wondering if I should keep an eye out for this. I love the 16.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, marsbold said:

Didn't know this bottle existed. Reading your comment as you think the 16 is better...is that correct? I'm in the Chattanooga area today and am going to hit a bunch of stores this afternoon to see if I find anything interesting so wondering if I should keep an eye out for this. I love the 16.

I would need to put them side by side. (Don't currently have the 16 in the house.) But I am guessing that the 16 would win in a head to head taste test. This stuff is certainly unrefined compared to the 16. Are you a Nirvana fan? This is Bleach (no pun intended) to the 16's Nevermind. Metallica? Kill 'Em All : ...And Justice For All. Miles Davis? Bitches Brew (pun maybe intended?): Kind of Blue. The point is, I think it's going to be a "feeling froggy on a Saturday night" sipper. 

This is probably something you buy if you see it because you have the money to spend and you just want a rarity. Which is exactly why my wife bought it for me. I asked for a cool Islay malt whisky for my bday and she by god delivered. But if you aren't in that position and you are just looking for the most enjoyable, peaty dram there is, I'm probably saying the 16. Especially since- and I hate to be tacky, but in the interest of best helping you with your search- the 16 will cost way less than the 12. Like... possibly less than half. 

Happy hunting! Hope you report back with your haul!

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Happy hunting! Hope you report back with your haul!

Here's the haul. Chattanooga & Dalton, GA. Went to about 8 stores. Lot of this isn't for me; had a couple friends place orders. Skipped the scotch as its easier to get around home.

haul.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, marsbold said:

Here's the haul. Chattanooga & Dalton, GA. Went to about 8 stores. Lot of this isn't for me; had a couple friends place orders. Skipped the scotch as its easier to get around home.

haul.jpg

Dude. That is a nice haul. I’m wondering what time I should come over. You can go ahead and set up a pour of that Barrell for me....

On 5/28/2021 at 7:30 PM, marsbold said:

haul.jpg

Where’d you hit in Chattanooga?

On 5/29/2021 at 6:55 PM, fredst said:

Dude. That is a nice haul. I’m wondering what time I should come over. You can go ahead and set up a pour of that Barrell for me....

Barrell Seagrass is one of the bottles going to a friend. He'll have to let me try it as part of the delivery fee! I haven't tried any of the Barrell products but am looking forward to it since I keep reading good things about them.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 11:08 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Where’d you hit in Chattanooga?

Honestly it's pretty fuzzy where I got everything. I went to 5 stores in Chattanooga and 4-5 more in Dalton, GA. Obviously it took some shopping to get all this. I passed on some Weller Full Proof, Elijah Craig 18 yr, and Stag Jr b/c the prices were too high in my opinion...but I was really tempted since I never see them. It's amazing what some effort can produce when in Georgia and Tennessee; I have much more success in GA & TN vs AL. 

I know the Blantons and one of the EH Taylors was from JJs Liquor in Chattanooga. Hole in the wall looking place in a more industrial area of Chattanooga (south side near GA line). I have more success at these type stores. I didn't even try to "nicer" stores in the money parts of town. JJs made you buy a paired bottle to get the allocated product. Smooth Ambler went with the Taylor and the Forty Creek went with the Blantons. Allocated stuff was overpriced in my mind and then add on top of it having to buy some other bottle just to get the allocated stuff (although the paired bottles appeared to be at normal prices). I had friends willing to pay the prices for these bottles though. So, if you don't mind paying for a product you rarely see, JJs is worth a stop. I normally don't identify nice finds like this place in a public forum but this part of the AU Fam website is a small community, and the store is 5 hours from home; so hopefully one of you can benefit from it also!! Once these hole in the wall stores get "discovered" it gets much harder to get things from them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1