Sign in to follow this  
corchjay

Hoover/IMG ESPNU 8pm CDT

Recommended Posts

Hoover and IMG tonight on ESPNU at 8pm CDT that may want to catch a glimpse of Cain, Pickens, and Ashford.  I'll try to catch some but got some running around to do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




It's not fair for normal high schools to play IMG.  It sounds like most of their two deep are in ESPN Top 300. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about some updates. I am at the Auburn High game. By the way it’s 11-0 tigers, playing Park Crossing, start of the 3rd. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, around4ever said:

It's not fair for normal high schools to play IMG.  It sounds like most of their two deep are in ESPN Top 300. 

This is Hoover's "money bowl".....made for TV game....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brutal tackle on the Hoover RB....fortunate he was not hurt...gotta be some kind of penalty

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd feel a bit sorry for Hoover playing against a team of recruited players......but from what I read on this site, Hoover does it's share of poaching of good young HS players from around the B'ham area so maybe they don't suffer from too much talent deficit...but looks like IMG is bigger at most positions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell me IMG is not a football factory.  Take a look at their daily schedule.  Class from 1:00 to 5:30. 

2u8l0lz.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW!!  I forgot that Cadillac Williams was the RB coach at IMG.  What an easy job that must be.  They have 2 of the Top 4 RBs in the country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

WOW!!  I forgot that Cadillac Williams was the RB coach at IMG.  What an easy job that must be.  They have 2 of the Top 4 RBs in the country. 

Kind of reminiscent of Cadillac being part of 2RBs of the top five picks in NFL draft 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After that last scoring drive, I love what I saw from Cain on 2 plays. Looks a little like Fournette out there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG loss to them studs in Cali earlier this year . They can be beaten and you know what you are getting when you sign up to play them. Exposure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoover has hung in there pretty well but they are totally physically over-matched.....another of these situation where everyone looks great for IMG because of the mismatches.   . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34-7...end of the 3rd.   IMG putting it on Hoover.  This is their last game.  They have a good program and tonights their last game.  With that schedule not every kid can handle it.  They also get Sports performance nutrition by a licensed dietician along with the rest of the kids there.  I haven't seen Caddy running around town but I do see the kids sometimes.  They are building more and more around there....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine Sanders and Cain in the same backfield at college. You’d think Caddie could tell them how well that worked out for him!

High school sports have become such a crap show. Turning into the NBA where super teams ruin it for homegrown schools. At least IMG isn’t allowed to compete for a state title. Can’t say the same thing for wrestling though.

We have a team consistently ranked nationally in the top 10 who gets to wrestle in the lowest division in the state. So schools with less than 1,400 kids are supposed to compete with the school that charges 20k+ a semester. Funny how when their kids get beat in the finals, the kid that beat them transfers to their school.

We’ve managed to beat three of them over the last 4 years but they routinely have all 14 of their kids in the semi finals. If they weren’t in the division my team would have finished 1st three times in the last 7 years.

But I digress, my point is why have these super teams become so prevalent? Do coaches of these teams really take pride in their wins? Imagine the frustration of taking 80 something youth that dwindles down to 60 something in middle school, then 40 something in high school fighting together for years and going through adversity together. Then you run into this mercenary like team with kids from different cities and states that don’t even really know each other come in and steal your thunder. This isn’t what high school sports are meant to be.

Another example from Florida. The Bolles School has won every boys swimming state championship since 1988. The girls have won all of them since 1991. Some would argue the solution is not allowing private schools to compete with public schools but again that’s not fair to those they compete with who aren’t recruiting across state and county lines.

Theres a wrestling team last year who decided to get shirts that read “Public School State Champs”. Though they finished 3rd they were the highest finishing public school by a wide margin.

Sorry for the soap box moment and I know Hoover knew what they signed up for but some teams don’t get that choice. #FHSAAsucks

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems the private schools in Alabama are doing it the right way.  We don't really see a lot of kids transfer to them from public schools.  It does happen but not anywhere close to the level of IMG.  The state of Florida is probably doing the right thing and the only thing they can do by not allowing IMG to compete for the state championship.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zeek said:

Imagine Sanders and Cain in the same backfield at college. You’d think Caddie could tell them how well that worked out for him!

High school sports have become such a crap show. Turning into the NBA where super teams ruin it for homegrown schools. At least IMG isn’t allowed to compete for a state title. Can’t say the same thing for wrestling though.

We have a team consistently ranked nationally in the top 10 who gets to wrestle in the lowest division in the state. So schools with less than 1,400 kids are supposed to compete with the school that charges 20k+ a semester. Funny how when their kids get beat in the finals, the kid that beat them transfers to their school.

We’ve managed to beat three of them over the last 4 years but they routinely have all 14 of their kids in the semi finals. If they weren’t in the division my team would have finished 1st three times in the last 7 years.

But I digress, my point is why have these super teams become so prevalent? Do coaches of these teams really take pride in their wins? Imagine the frustration of taking 80 something youth that dwindles down to 60 something in middle school, then 40 something in high school fighting together for years and going through adversity together. Then you run into this mercenary like team with kids from different cities and states that don’t even really know each other come in and steal your thunder. This isn’t what high school sports are meant to be.

Another example from Florida. The Bolles School has won every boys swimming state championship since 1988. The girls have won all of them since 1991. Some would argue the solution is not allowing private schools to compete with public schools but again that’s not fair to those they compete with who aren’t recruiting across state and county lines.

Theres a wrestling team last year who decided to get shirts that read “Public School State Champs”. Though they finished 3rd they were the highest finishing public school by a wide margin.

Sorry for the soap box moment and I know Hoover knew what they signed up for but some teams don’t get that choice. #FHSAAsucks

Great post!  Is the tuition at IMG really that much?  How many of those athletes' families actually pay the $20K per semester tuition?  I would guess that not many can afford that.  So, that means they offer scholarships or arrange loans for them, to be paid off when the athlete makes it to the pros.  Something about that doesn't seem right.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I first saw this in local rec league baseball. One year a small town nearby made it all the way to the state tournament with two pitchers that still had another year before they got too old to compete at that level. I went to their first local tournament game the next year just to watch and those two pitchers were nowhere to be found. I asked one of the coaches and he said: "They aren't on this team. they are off playing travel ball".

This recruiting of youth athletes sucks on many levels.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this