My thoughts

cole256

1 minute ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Losing Heron was addition by subtraction. That dude took so many terrible shots and refused to make the extra pass. I know he’s a great kid off the court but he was a bad teammate on it

I just think any ball dominant guard who is not a great 3 point shooter is not going to be a good fit in a Pearl offense. His iso game is a much better fit for Kentucky or a team like ST Johns where he is the only MAN on that team and can be the go to guy.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I just think any ball dominant guard who is not a great 3 point shooter is not going to be a good fit in a Pearl offense. His iso game is a much better fit for Kentucky or a team like ST Johns where he is the only MAN on that team and can be the go to guy.

I also just think he wanted to be the alpha dog and it wound up being Jared and Bryce’s team. And he tried to force way too much to prove a point. Don’t really care though. Glad he’s doing well but I do think it’s best for both him and AU that he left. Samir is a better fit

1 minute ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I also just think he wanted to be the alpha dog and it wound up being Jared and Bryce’s team. And he tried to force way too much to prove a point. Don’t really care though. Glad he’s doing well but I do think it’s best for both him and AU that he left. Samir is a better fit

Absolutely agree with everything you said and co sign this!!! With Bruce I never will worry. We are in great hands. We reload not rebuild. WAR DAMN BRUCE PEARL!

I can’t wait until all the players can play. Our depth and multiple players able to score is going to allow us to compete with anybody.  

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

That dude took so many terrible shots and refused to make the extra pass. I know he’s a great kid off the court but he was a bad teammate on it

With due respect you must have been watching different games & hearing different commentary than I was. Sure there were times he pressed & creasted some on floor issues for us but his biggest criticism while here was not being enough of an alpha dog & take things over when needed.

Bad teammate on the court is out of bounds & disrespectful IMO.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:
12 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Absolutely agree with everything you said and co sign this!!!

Respect y'all but again I must have watched & heard a completely different AU team than y'all last season as it pertains to Heron.

12 hours ago, AU82 said:

I can’t wait until all the players can play. Our depth and multiple players able to score is going to allow us to compete with anybody.  

Just think how good it would have been had we held on to EJ Montgomery who ended up at UK.

And I truly believe that Pearl will keep it for several years.  I hope we don’t fall back into our history of 2 or 3 years of being really good and then a decade of mediocrity. I want Pearl to build us into something special and the next coach to keep it going.  

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

With due respect you must have been watching different games & hearing different commentary than I was. Sure there were times he pressed & creasted some on floor issues for us but his biggest criticism while here was not being enough of an alpha dog & take things over when needed.

Bad teammate on the court is out of bounds & disrespectful IMO.

Why are you quoting me and it says I said this when those were never words I typed out?

On 11/8/2018 at 4:10 PM, cole256 said:

Oh @McLoofusI forgot. Over here is like the bizzaro world because you can see 64 and Mikey go all the way from sunshine pumping to super negative to every little thing Bruce Pearl may do! It's super entertaining, seriously

cole, buddy, its time for me and you to go to the basketball board and stay there....no point in wasting emotion on a tanking football program when we go something special going on the hardwood.....it is so exciting to think that we have a national basketball program with a top-notch coach and a potential F4 type team, and so sad to see what is happening to the football program.....coaching makes all of the different in college sports and basketball is where its at now....we are officially a basketball school

Heron was a good player, we won't miss him because we have Samir and Purifoy to replace him. Heron and Purifoy on the floor together were not a good fit, but that wasn't just on Heron. Not sure why anyone would be glad he is gone.

Davion was a fine backup, but he was not better than Harper as a freshman. McCormick is an upgrade from the Davion of last season. He has plenty or room to grow and I wish him well but was never lamenting his transfer. 

17 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Not sure why anyone would be glad he is gone.

i don't think anyone is glad he is gone....he was an outstanding player, but samir seems to fit more in what BP is trying to do and shares the ball better.....i certainly would be happy to have MH this season

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Glad he’s doing well but I do think it’s best for both him and AU that he left.

12 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i don't think anyone is glad he is gone....he was an outstanding player, but samir seems to fit more in what BP is trying to do and shares the ball better.....i certainly would be happy to have MH this season

Maybe I'm misreading this post, but seems like it is "best" for AU that he left. I would disagree. 

28 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Heron was a good player, we won't miss him because we have Samir and Purifoy to replace him. Heron and Purifoy on the floor together were not a good fit, but that wasn't just on Heron. Not sure why anyone would be glad he is gone.

Davion was a fine backup, but he was not better than Harper as a freshman. McCormick is an upgrade from the Davion of last season. He has plenty or room to grow and I wish him well but was never lamenting his transfer. 

I wouldn't say that I'm glad Stapha is gone. From what I've read and heard though, I do think though that there are guys on the team who aren't sad that he left.

I guess we have really different views on Davion though. He wasn't a superstar last year but I was expecting him to have a breakout type year if he didn't transfer. We'll definitely miss his defense and I certainly don't know how you're already that high on McCormick after just two games.

34 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

The part about Herron is absolutely wrong unless DP plays a different style game when he comes back

4 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I wouldn't say that I'm glad Stapha is gone. From what I've read and heard though, I do think though that there are guys on the team who aren't sad that he left.

I guess we have really different views on Davion though. He wasn't a superstar last year but I was expecting him to have a breakout type year if he didn't transfer. We'll definitely miss his defense and I certainly don't know how you're already that high on McCormick after just two games.

Davion averaged 3.7 points, 1.9 assists, 1.1 rebounds and 0.5 steals per game in 17.1 minutes per game. He was an adequate back up, but I didn't see anything to suggest he would have a breakout season. 

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The part about Herron is absolutely wrong unless DP plays a different style game when he comes back

Interested as to what you feel was wrong?

6 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

if purifoy don't get his butt in shape, his minutes are going to be sparse compared to what they could be...hooks45 says he's lazy

he's such a wild card right now. Could be the best offensive player on the team some nights or he could lose all of his minutes to malik dunbar if he doesn't perform well. Reports from the pro day were that he shot lights out and could be the best 3pt shooter on the squad. But he seems like such a temperamental diva that could spoil things if the shots aren't falling for him.

18 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Davion averaged 3.7 points, 1.9 assists, 1.1 rebounds and 0.5 steals per game in 17.1 minutes per game. He was an adequate back up, but I didn't see anything to suggest he would have a breakout season. 

Interested as to what you feel was wrong?

Just saying he won't be missed and you haven't seen dp play since years and when you did see him he was just a better version of Brown. And you've seen daughty play a blow out game. The things Herron offered haven't even been addressed to say yay or nay. Seem like you have hooped before and by that I'm sure you know pressure can't be simulated and not just anybody can handle it

Lol. Where do you guys get this stuff from? You really think you really know the players where you feel you can point out personality flaws? There's people that I work with everyday that I couldn't make that call but over the internet you believe whatever huh? That's good stuff

38 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

heron was called the "black hole"....once an object enters a black hole, it never returns....that object was a basketball

But Brown took more shots and shot a worse percentage 🤔

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

But Brown took more shots and shot a worse percentage 🤔

look cole, what i say here about a player comes from a booster, if you watch a game you can see him courtside,  who knows what goes on inside the program.....he is on another board and is well known to other members....he doesn't say a lot, but when he drops something, one might want to listen....he plainly says that we are better now and he and BP are pretty close, so i dare guess that his opinion was influenced somewhat

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Just saying he won't be missed and you haven't seen dp play since years and when you did see him he was just a better version of Brown. And you've seen daughty play a blow out game. The things Herron offered haven't even been addressed to say yay or nay. Seem like you have hooped before and by that I'm sure you know pressure can't be simulated and not just anybody can handle it

The reason I say we won't miss him is his departure left a void at the 3, and we replace him with Doughty and Purifoy. Neither of them need to do what Heron could do in order for us to be a better team because Okeke is likely to replace much of Heron's offensive production. I think Doughty and Purifoy being better shooters than Heron will improve the floor spacing and allow Okeke and Wiley to get low post and mid range catches, and make more room for cuts by McLemore and Dunbar. 

I guess I should have said we will be able to replace his production instead of saying we won't miss him. 

And yes pressure changes things. 

5 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

look cole, what i say here about a player comes from a booster, if you watch a game you can see him courtside,  who knows what goes on inside the program.....he is on another board and is well known to other members....he doesn't say a lot, but when he drops something, one might want to listen....he plainly says that we are better now and he and BP are pretty close, so i dare guess that his opinion was influenced somewhat

I have no doubt you have sources and you should believe them.. But sometimes what actually is going on and what "management" think is going on isn't the same. I think we may be better too, but it's because players like chumma is better and the addition of players like Wiley and DP. You just don't lose a 20 plus scorer whocan get his own shot in college and then be better because he's gone. That's fantasy

Archived