8-17! (merged threads)

WarEagleChemE

4 hours ago, alexava said:

Ok just donate 32$ million and it’s done 

The money is there as the combo of PTB, WDE, & even Corch has said many times. To me the only reason he would be retained is because of the egg on his face Leath will have due to the contract done last year. For me that's not a valid reason.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

That’s a sign of good coaching. Your team has improved over the course of the season. When is the last time we said that about Auburn? 

To be fair to Gus we saw improvement all last year (except for LSU debacle) until the distractions of new contract/Arky wooing Gus and of course KJ's injury. 

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

If we don't fire him now it only gets worse financially for Auburn. 

Fire him Dec 2, it costs us $32M buyout. 

Fire him next Dec 2, it costs us $7M salary + $27M buyout = $34M

Fire him the next Dec 2, it costs us $14M salary (2yrs) + $22M buyout = $36M

It's time to cut our losses and move on. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yeah friend, you keep holding out hope for that. If you think Gus is going to start a different quarterback next week I'm going to Florida and count Republican votes in Broward County

May you find plenty more of them........and yep...nothing is likely to change ...and JMO but that includes our QB play....but one can always hope..:) 

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The money is there as the combo of PTB, WDE, & even Corch has said many times. To me the only reason he would be retained is because of the egg on his face Leath will have due to the contract done last year. For me that's not a valid reason.

This is why he survives, if he indeed does. 

39 minutes ago, The Six said:

This is why he survives, if he indeed does. 

I disagree as I’ve said previously I don’t think Leath has many if any friends at AU. I think at this point the board probably wishes it had done a better search for President. Gus in fact might be an excuse for them to take Leath down too.

I’ll also throw in to, Leath opened his self up for scrutiny here. Notice his predecessor when it came time to fire Chiz made JJ do it then went out and got an influential committee to hire Gus. That way he kept his name of the deal if it went sour. Exactly what Leath should have done. Got a couple of people like Bo or Pat in to make the deal with Gus then he would have been shielded. But no he took it upon himself to go outside of his responsibilities to make a deal. And his deal failed miserably. Now he needs to pay for not doing what he should have done.

19 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I disagree as I’ve said previously I don’t think Leath has many if any friends at AU. I think at this point the board probably wishes it had done a better search for President. Gus in fact might be an excuse for them to take Leath down too.

Dude, I don't know anything at all about university presidents or that world. But even I knew that hiring Leath was a terrible idea just based on the shady crap he was doing at Iowa State! Like who the hell thought it was a good idea to hire that guy??

On 11/11/2018 at 10:13 AM, aucanucktiger said:

There are many reasons to question malzahn right now but this aint one of them. The entire country is that record (percentage wise) or worse vs bama & Georgia over the same period but their coaches dont have to play both or even either every year, never mind twice over 3 weeks.

LSU is another story. 

Ehh, CGM is 3-3 vs MooState in his tenure as HC.  That's another story as well.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Ehh, CGM is 3-3 vs MooState in his tenure as HC.  That's another story as well.

That is arguably a more fireable offense than his record vs our rivals.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Dude, I don't know anything at all about university presidents or that world. But even I knew that hiring Leath was a terrible idea just based on the shady crap he was doing at Iowa State! Like who the hell thought it was a good idea to hire that guy??

I agree 💯 % I have never understood that hire. There was absolutely nothing in his resume that impressed me and a lot that disturbed me. I almost think JJ made the recommendation and board just checked off.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I agree 💯 % I have never understood that hire. There was absolutely nothing in his resume that impressed me and a lot that disturbed me. I almost think JJ made the recommendation and board just checked off.

JABA

Archived