Mike MacIntyre is the new Ole Miss DC.

GwillMac6

Former Colorado Head Coach.

Interesting move. I sure hope Auburn performs better next year because everyone else around sure seems to be stepping up their game...

6 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Interesting move. I sure hope Auburn performs better next year because everyone else around sure seems to be stepping up their game...

Even the programs on probation......

He's coming in when the scholarship reductions will really starting to take effect.  Better bring his A-game....   Ole Mrs. Q-back is gone after 2018, right?  AJ Brown has declared.  NCAA will get what they wanted with that program.....knock 'em back 10 years....

So the inevitable question.

Why does a former HC step down to DC to a program with all the problems of OM?   A one year gig?..no matter what the contract says?

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

So the inevitable question.

Why does a former HC step down to DC to a program with all the problems of OM?   A one year gig?..no matter what the contract says?

Maybe you can ask Gus next year.  :poke:

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Maybe you can ask Gus next year.  :poke:

what do you think?   I don't care what Gus thinks....but was curious what MMc might have been thinking....another Muschamp move? 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

what do you think?   I don't care what Gus thinks....but was curious what MMc might have been thinking....another Muschamp move? 

I think the man loves to coach.  He is taking this gig to keep in the game until something else comes up for him.  I don’t think its a Muschamp move as he is moving across country to do it, but you never know.  It depends on the HC openings next year.  He’s returning to his roots. 

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

My guess?  No schools came to McIntyre saying "be our HC".  ...or... His agent asked schools if they were interested in him as HC and they said "nope".

But he needs a job so he took the one that was offered.

Next year, if a HC position becomes viable then yes, it'll be a one and done a la Boom.  However, if the OM Defense doesn't improve much from this past season, he may be lucky to not have to take a job as a LB coach next year.

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think the man loves to coach.  He is taking this gig to keep in the game until something else comes up for him.  I don’t think its a Muschamp move as he is moving across country to do it, but you never know.  It depends on the HC openings next year.  He’s returning to his roots. 

He's been all over the country including OM some time ago.....so probably knew Luke and seemed like a good paycheck while he waits on the stain of getting fired from Colorado to wear off.    This is his fifth DC gig so he knows his way around the job and might be able to do some good at OM. 

Archived