2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Exactly what the bunker’s most reliable basketball insider said about a few days ago. But he still thinks Brown choosesTexas.

AU’s best bet is if he wants a realistic chance to win a natty in his likely one year of college ball.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

AU’s best bet is if he wants a realistic chance to win a natty in his likely one year of college ball.

Our best bet is getting Jalen Green first and then get our staff, coop and JG pitch a super team to him. 

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Not sure he cares. His HS team lost 3 games this year so I am not sure he won a state championship. He said he was happy with their season. I think it might have been like 31-3. 

36 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Not sure he cares. His HS team lost 3 games this year so I am not sure he won a state championship. He said he was happy with their season. I think it might have been like 31-3. 

He and his father have said going some place with a chance to win big is important.

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He and his father have said going some place with a chance to win big is important.

Then why in the world would they choose Austin Texas?  Texas was  9-9 IN A WEAK CONFERENCE, boasting only two teams with winning records.   Why is this a conversation?!?!?!??

I know..I know, it is just frustrating when you consider the two programs' current state, coaching success and upside.

7 hours ago, Beaker said:

Then why in the world would they choose Austin Texas?  Texas was  9-9 IN A WEAK CONFERENCE, boasting only two teams with winning records.   Why is this a conversation?!?!?!??

I know..I know, it is just frustrating when you consider the two programs' current state, coaching success and upside.

I completely agree. Just playing devil's advocate here. We are losing our top 6 players. So winning here is certainly no guarantee.  

57 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

I completely agree. Just playing devil's advocate here. We are losing our top 6 players. So winning here is certainly no guarantee.  

Not a guarantee. But these 5 stars have tremendous confidence in themselves and each other. Bring 3 together under the coach that won big during what promised to be a rebuilding year— I suspect that’s what Sharife is selling.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not a guarantee. But these 5 stars have tremendous confidence in themselves and each other. Bring 3 together under the coach that won big during what promised to be a rebuilding year— I suspect that’s what Sharife is selling.

Timeline for these two cats to commit?  

I thought I heard Green was early April, now late April? 

Wonder if Brown is after Green still?

Maybe, just maybe Brown is waiting to see if Green goes to Auburn and if he does, they both join Cooper and our developing young squad.   Maybe Auburn becomes Kentucky 2.0 if this continues.  

Anyone know if these two have interest in playing together?

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

And there's a solid resume for that scenario. Michigan, Florida, Kentucky... I'm probably leaving out a few. 

9 hours ago, Beaker said:

One if not both of his parents went to Texas. That’s going to carry some weight.

48 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Timeline for these two cats to commit?

It’s in the last couple pages on each recruit thread. Green on the 15th and Brown on the 24th.

49 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Anyone know if these two have interest in playing together?

Obviously. Doesn’t mean it will happen though.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

One if not both of his parents went to Texas. That’s going to carry some weight.

That and location will be what tips it if he goes there.

One other thing with Covid-19 being close to home is probably more important to recruits and their family then before this struck. That could weigh in favor of Texas.  I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but as a parent that would influence what I would tell my kids. A few months ago I would have wanted my kids far enough away that they really were on their own as I think that helps them grow up.

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

One other thing with Covid-19 being close to home is probably more important to recruits and their family then before this struck. That could weigh in favor of Texas.  I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but as a parent that would influence what I would tell me kids. A few months ago I would have wanted my kids far enough away that they really were on their own as I think that helps them grow up.

That may help us with Thor. Hope it doesn’t hurt us with Jalen.

26 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

One other thing with Covid-19 being close to home is probably more important to recruits and their family then before this struck. That could weigh in favor of Texas.  I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but as a parent that would influence what I would tell me kids. A few months ago I would have wanted my kids far enough away that they really were on their own as I think that helps them grow up.

Good to see your thoughts evolving on this.

This is what was summarized by our nemisis Corey Evans and what he said on the free AU bball board. .....

Lol omgsh!!! Woooooow!!! this leads me to believe the possibility of us getting both Green and Greg Brown is REAL! I am going to blister all my knuckles knocking on wood from now until their announcements!!! Lol

Screenshot_20200406-150927.png

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is what was summarized by our nemisis Corey Evans and what he said on the free AU bball board. .....

Lol omgsh!!! Woooooow!!! this leads me to believe the possibility of us getting both Green and Greg Brown is REAL! I am going to blister all my knuckles knocking on wood from now until their announcements!!! Lol

LOL I think he may legitimately go 0 for 3 with those picks, but it sure would be nice if it all works out in our favor!

8 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

LOL I think he may legitimately go 0 for 3 with those picks, but it sure would be nice if it all works out in our favor!

How freaking weird would it be if we got brown and not green!?? That would be so strange!!!! Idk how I would process that!!! Lol

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

How freaking weird would it be if we got brown and not green!?? That would be so strange!!!! Idk how I would process that!!! Lol

I don't think there's much chance of that happening, personally, but that's just a gut feeling, not based upon anything I know that anyone else in here doesn't know. I just feel like our only real shot at Brown is Green signing with us on the 15th and setting up for a super class that Brown decides he wants to be a part of.

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I don't think there's much chance of that happening, personally, but that's just a gut feeling, not based upon anything I know that anyone else in here doesn't know. I just feel like our only real shot at Brown is Green signing with us on the 15th and setting up for a super class that Brown decides he wants to be a part of.

...and then Kuminga adds the atom bomb!

40 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

...and then Kuminga adds the atom bomb!

Honestly, if we get Brown and Green, I'm not too concerned about Kuminga. Sure, it'd be awesome to have four 5 star players in the recruiting class, but I've just got a sneaking suspicion that we won't get both Brown and Kuminga. Would LOVE to be wrong about that, but in my gut I don't believe it will happen.

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@GwillMac6 Curious as to how you saw this. There is no AU Bball board on Rivals, free or otherwise & the Main Board isn't free.

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Brown is committing on the 24th.

Just now, ellitor said:

Brown is committing on the 24th.

I know. I was saying the only way I think we'll get him is if Green commits to us first. I think we can get Green by himself or both Green and Brown, but something inside of me says we don't get Brown unless we get Green first. Weird gut feeling, but there it is.

Archived