2020 5* F Greg Brown (Texas)

aucanucktiger

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He thinks Auburn is getting GB3 and has for awhile now.

I couldn't get the link. Who is the reporter? 

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

GB2 is his dad. Greg Brown Junior. COME THROUGH AS KEEP STEERING HIM TO AU POPS!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

Yeah. I was definitely confused by the earlier post. I thought GB 3 was you calling the player Greg Brown that because one of his jersey numbers is three

4 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten this guy. Basically he is hearing the same thing other reporters are hearing about Greg Brown to AU is picking up steam.

5 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

Jake Weingarten of stock risers.

Just now, ellitor said:

Yeah. I was definitely confused by the earlier post. I thought GB 3 was you calling the player Greg Brown that because one of his jersey numbers is three

MUHHHHHH BAD!!! AND FAIR!!! I def had major typos on my original post before I edited it. WAS JUST TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Did you read the info on the bunker about Shocka not being so Smart with GB2?

ABSOLUTELY!!! IT IS ALL LINING UP!!! *KNOCK ON WOOD* UGHHHHHHH Next friday is suuuuuuch a long wait. that is a eternity in crutin!!! hahaha.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Next friday is suuuuuuch a long wait. that is a eternity in crutin!!! hahaha.

Especially with the quarantine that’s going on right now.

Guy should be free to pursue his dreams and his home team, but imagine trying to explain to people

"Yeah I chose .500 UT and on the chopping block Shaka Smart over top 5 Auburn, so what?"

For me, its like why work harder when you're going top 10 in the NBA at the VERY worst next year either way? maybe you get less touches, but you also get far easier touches. They're going to quadruple team this guy in the B12 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Guy should be free to pursue his dreams and his home team, but imagine trying to explain to people

"Yeah I chose .500 UT and on the chopping block Shaka Smart over top 5 Auburn, so what?"

For me, its like why work harder when you're going top 10 in the NBA at the VERY worst next year either way? maybe you get less touches, but you also get far easier touches. They're going to quadruple team this guy in the B12 

I don't know that I would say he's definitely going in the top 10, only because it won't be nothing but the freshman class who will be drafted. Of course, coming to Auburn and playing for Bruce, he could easily move up the way Okoro and Okeke did, and considering he's starting at such a higher point, it would seem to be almost a foregone conclusion that he would. I'm just very hesitant to throw around absolutes in most anything. Hey, I'm a student of chaos theory, what can I say?

With Thor already on board as our 4 and GB stating he wants to play the 3, I think that helps us.   Add the recruiting pitch that our last 2 3s were high draft picks, the last of whom was a FR (hasn’t actually been drafted yet, just going off of projections), I like our chances.   I think the only thing not in our favor is that hometown childhood favorite angle, which in some cases is a very big deal.  

5 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

With Thor already on board as our 4 and GB stating he wants to play the 3, I think that helps us.   Add the recruiting pitch that our last 2 3s were high draft picks, the last of whom was a FR (hasn’t actually been drafted yet, just going off of projections), I like our chances.   I think the only thing not in our favor is that hometown childhood favorite angle, which in some cases is a very big deal.  

Technically, we have both Thor and Chris Moore who are 4s in this class.

3 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Technically, we have both Thor and Chris Moore who are 4s in this class.

Good call!  That’s true.  And I’ve heard good things about Chris Moore as well.  

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Good call!  That’s true.  And I’ve heard good things about Chris Moore as well.  

Yeah, he was the player of the year in Arkansas, playing for West Memphis. I'm looking forward to seeing how both he and Powell do for us; I think both are underrated.

If we finish with both Green and Brown this will be the best class ever (at least on paper) Auburn has ever had. It’s Crazy that this could actually happen. It wasn’t that long ago Auburn basketball was a complete joke in the SEC. 

4 minutes ago, Samau said:

If we finish with both Green and Brown this will be the best class ever (at least on paper) Auburn has ever had. It’s Crazy that this could actually happen. It wasn’t that long ago Auburn basketball was a complete joke in the SEC. 

Even if we land just one of them it will be the best class we ever had & our 1st ever top 4 or top 5 class in program history.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Nope...wanna share? 😁

Not in public till after he commits. I’ll PM you later

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Yeah, he was the player of the year in Arkansas, playing for West Memphis. I'm looking forward to seeing how both he and Powell do for us; I think both are underrated.

I think Powell will be a dagger sharpshooter in the Tyler Herro mold. The guy nobody really game plans against but makes big shots. At least that’s how I envision it. 

46 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I think Powell will be a dagger sharpshooter in the Tyler Herro mold. The guy nobody really game plans against but makes big shots. At least that’s how I envision it. 

We could use a sharp shooter. We had to play so much dribble drive to create points, since our 3 pt shooting was so weak. If Powell can give us anything to open up the inside, then that will be a great help. 

I haven't looked but does Green have a legit outside shot, or is he more of the Okoro mold of slashing to the basket?

2 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

We could use a sharp shooter. We had to play so much dribble drive to create points, since our 3 pt shooting was so weak. If Powell can give us anything to open up the inside, then that will be a great help. 

I haven't looked but does Green have a legit outside shot, or is he more of the Okoro mold of slashing to the basket?

From the highlights I've seen, Green can do it all. That is why he is rated from #1 to #3 in the class. From his film I think he certainly likes to take it to the rim; but I have also seen him make contested 3's. 

22 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

He is considered one of the top shooting guards. I personally find his stroke a little different, but Reggie Miller had a similar looking shot. Not saying Green will make as many as Reggie, but the mechanics look similar and Green will make a good amount from long range. 

41 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Does Green have a legit outside shot, or is he more of the Okoro mold of slashing to the basket?

Yes

37 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

From the highlights I've seen, Green can do it all. That is why he is rated from #1 to #3 in the class. From his film I think he certainly likes to take it to the rim; but I have also seen him make contested 3's. 

Greatly improved his 3 point shot last Summer.

4 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Splitting hairs a bit because I still think it helps with GB3, but I think Thor plays the 5 for us. I think you’re looking at a front court of Thor and Stretch at 5 and Williams and Moore at 4. Brown would play 3, or 4 in a tight, but the depth in the front court should be very helpful to us in regards to GB3’s recruitment. 

Shhhhhooooot if he signs with Auburn next week il buy a hedgehog fam t shirt and join!!!! Lol

18 hours ago, boomstick said:

Splitting hairs a bit because I still think it helps with GB3, but I think Thor plays the 5 for us. I think you’re looking at a front court of Thor and Stretch at 5 and Williams and Moore at 4. Brown would play 3, or 4 in a tight, but the depth in the front court should be very helpful to us in regards to GB3’s recruitment. 

That sounds great!  If Thor can play the 5.   
The 5 is a spot I was a little concerned about. Thor sliding in there and playing well would solve that!

Archived