MLB thread

GwillMac6

This series gave me and my son something to look forward to while in the hospital. It's been a good distraction. 

When the HR happened, you heard 6 or 7 different rooms around us cheering just as loudly as we were. It was funny to hear in the middle of the hospital the joy and excitement. I love sports.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Freaking right! I did the silent yell since the kids were asleep.  Too bad the HOUSTON games for the series are mid Workweek. Otherwise maybe I could have swung a ticket from my boss.  Grrr. 

I told James if he could get up and walk out, then I'd take him to the game. He said "really!". I said yes, but the view from the parking lot wouldn't be as good as watching on TV. I got some side eye from that one.😂

• Haha 1

I love the post game interview with Altuve. He held his shirt closed, wouldn’t let them rip it open. When asked he said he got in trouble with his wife the last time they did that lol. 

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I love the post game interview with Altuve. He held his shirt closed, wouldn’t let them rip it open. When asked he said he got in trouble with his wife the last time they did that lol. 

I love how close the core is with each other

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I love how close the core is with each other

Agree. Glad they won last night. Turned out to be a brilliant decision for Hinch. Gets Cole game 1, Verlander game 2 on 4 days rest, Greinke Game 3 on 7 days rest. Or flip Verlander and Greinke with both on 5-6 days rest

• Like 1

for all you ‘Stros. Eff the yankees! 🔴🧦

• Love 1
  • Angry 1

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

Had just told my wife, if they don't win it in the bottom of the ninth they will have to do it without me...past midnight I think....and then Altuve hit the blast which looked gone as soon as it left the bat.

And I love the look on Chapman's face...almost a smile...and I'm betting that was his last pitch as a Yankee...

Go Astros...

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Had just told my wife, if they don't win it in the bottom of the ninth they will have to do it without me...past midnight I think....and then Altuve hit the blast which looked gone as soon as it left the bat.

And I love the look on Chapman's face...almost a smile...and I'm betting that was his last pitch as a Yankee...

Go Astros...

I said the same thing!

On the wind-up to the last pitch I told my daughter, "watch him send this one out". When the bat cracked, she looked at me with an amazed look. 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I said the same thing!

On the wind-up to the last pitch I told my daughter, "watch him send this one out". When the bat cracked, she looked at me with an amazed look. 

Makes a dad look even more invincible to their kids

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

ex AU player, at least for 1 year. I think he left b/c he was behind another starting catcher at the time.

Good guy. Loved by the Cubs. Hope he does well, except when he plays the Pirates.

• Like 2

Scherzer was scratched for tonight’s game 5. Takes the luster off the superb pitching rematch, but likely better for my Astros. Hopefully Cole uses a little more off speed stuff tonight, because the Nats were eating up fastballs in both the first games. 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Game 7

Let's go Astros!

I am glad Greinke is pitching.  Not a fastball pitcher.  That's why they traded for him.  Win a World Series! So go do it!

Go Stros!

Oh and time for some more Springer Dingers!!

Edited by AUBwins

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I am glad Greinke is pitching.  Not a fastball pitcher.  That's why they traded for him.  Win a World Series! So go do it!

Go Stros!

Oh and time for some more Springer Dingers!!

It's gonna be tough against scherzer(sp?) But we can do it.

• Like 1

Unreal how the Nationals can turn it on the way they did 7th inning on. Congrats to the Nationals.  Truly resilient bunch. Never die team. Road team win every game of series. Craziest thing I’ve seen in baseball. 

• Like 2

And to think the Braves owned the Nationals this year. Same old post-season Braves. Congrats to the Nats. 

• Like 1

There will NEVER be another series in ANY sport ever where the road team wins every game. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? Never seen anything like it. That was wild.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Unreal how the Nationals can turn it on the way they did 7th inning on. Congrats to the Nationals.  Truly resilient bunch. Never die team. Road team win every game of series. Craziest thing I’ve seen in baseball. 

That's what I love about baseball.....the craziness. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Well...at least Gus has conditioned me for the disappointment.

Sad, but true

Did you hear the pitcher that struck out Brantley to end the game? As soon as he threw his glove he lets out this high pitch, little schoolgirl scream. Although an Astros fan, It was pretty cool to see and hear pure joy. I mean what pitcher growing up didn't dream of a bottom of the 9th strike out to win the world series. 

• Like 1