Auburn Changes Logo

weathergeakal

7 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

#NotMyLogo

This is why we won’t ever have alt uniforms. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s awful. Auburn is poorly run in so many areas.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Could have paid for baseball and softball upgrades that are desperately needed and deserved.  Florida building new stadium, Auburn slightly changing logo.  This is why we are behind.

JABA, bruh.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

This is why we won’t ever have alt uniforms. 

I would love an alternate uniform because I wouldn't have to see it all the time and they're just for fun. This is quite literally changing the identity of the school. 

JMO but this is the end for that design.  That's how someone kills an idea they don't like especially at AU where change is pretty much forbidden.  They leak it to the media before a positive spin campaign is set up and then let all the negative reactions scare people away from it.  It's  DOA....died in the womb.  

Likely there will never be a shirt or uniform with the new logo...:dunno:

18 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I would love an alternate uniform because I wouldn't have to see it all the time and they're just for fun. This is quite literally changing the identity of the school. 

The distinct changes of the logo can only really be seen when compared vis a vis the previous one. 

By itself and from far away, it’s going to be the same Auburn logo to me. I guess I saw the color between the A and tbe U and  thought nothing of it. 

I’m indifferent to it. I’m not sure what considerations went into the change, but I have to believe the people in charge did it for good reason. 

36 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but this is the end for that design.  That's how someone kills an idea they don't like especially at AU where change is pretty much forbidden.  They leak it to the media before a positive spin campaign is set up and then let all the negative reactions scare people away from it.  It's  DOA....died in the womb.  

Likely there will never be a shirt or uniform with the new logo...:dunno:

Someone on twitter said part of the reasoning for the change was because it would simplify things for embroiders and printers, I believe.

edit:  also they have also already started using the new logo officially 

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Someone on twitter said part of the reasoning for the change was because it would simplify things for embroiders and printers, I believe.

That's a terrible reason to change. 

50 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Pointless downgrade. What idiot made this decision?

It was supposedly a Leath project but apparently several other people/groups bought in.

1 minute ago, 1auburn1 said:

This will REALLY help recruiting!   🙄

This is a University led project, not something brought on by the AD.  The money could've gone towards student recruiting though instead of lining some Marketing/Branding companies pockets.

i normally don't give a rats azz about this type of thing. But in this instance i really don't care for the changes. I liked the interlocking look and now it looks like the A is just laying on top of the U

10 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

If nobody told me there was a change, I could have gone years before I noticed a difference...

That’s crazy. I would have noticed in seconds.

Visually, decreasing the white space actually works better.  Yes, it's a huge change to us who have been looking at it for...well forever, but overall, I think it looks good.  Just takes some getting use to.

Well at least there's going to be a ton of previously expensive Under Armour AU gear on sale in the very near future and nobody is going to even really be able to tell the difference without staring at you like a crazy person

Archived