Football Complex Closer (merged threads)

toddc

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another thread, there's discussion about whether this is "conditional?" I'm confused...so would the money be yanked if we pulled the plug on Gustavo?

23 hours ago, AUwent said:

On another thread, there's discussion about whether this is "conditional?" I'm confused...so would the money be yanked if we pulled the plug on Gustavo?

Ahhhhh, just letting my imagination run away with me...thinking the timing of the donation was interesting and wishing that it was tied to a release of CGM. I'm going to delete those posts...what will be will be. I don't want to add any unfounded skepticism or confusion about a very generous gift. Grateful for their vision and belief in the program...

9521460.jpeg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,off

• 4 months later...

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2020/03/ad-allen-greene-auburn-full-steam-ahead-on-football-facility.html

I'm going to go ahead and say that my thinking on this would obviously cost more money but according to the article there are plans for upgrading the baseball field in addition to several other projects. Plainsman Park.is across the street from Jordan Hare. The old track on Bigio is across from the softball field. The football only facility makes more sense being across from Jordan Hare. It's really not that far from the practice fields. We have no room to expand the baseball field. After seeing the updates at Mississippi State this winter I became a little jealous. So if we built a new baseball park at the old track location across from the softball field then we could use the current Plainsman Park location for the football only facility. I'm sure there are other reasons this might not work other the money but it seems logical to me. :dunno:

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2020/03/ad-allen-greene-auburn-full-steam-ahead-on-football-facility.html

I'm going to go ahead and say that my thinking on this would obviously cost more money but according to the article there are plans for upgrading the baseball field in addition to several other projects. Plainsman Park.is across the street from Jordan Hare. The old track on Bigio is across from the softball field. The football only facility makes more sense being across from Jordan Hare. It's really not that far from the practice fields. We have no room to expand the baseball field. After seeing the updates at Mississippi State this winter I became a little jealous. So if we built a new baseball park at the old track location across from the softball field then we could use the current Plainsman Park location for the football only facility. I'm sure there are other reasons this might not work other the money but it seems logical to me. :dunno:

That's a good idea and makes a lot of sense. You ought to fire off an email to Greene and Gus just in case they haven't thought of it. 

On 3/21/2020 at 8:05 PM, gr82be said:

Personally I don't see why we still need Parker Hall... 🙄

• 1 month later...

Soooooooooooooooooo...

We don't know a location yet...

We don't have any type of digital renderings yet...

and we hired the same people who made the largely "meh" Harbert facility?
The pace in which this has been done is horrendous. We have been discussing this for over 3 years now.

I get if construction takes a while but the rest of this isn't incredibly difficult. Pull up a freaking map and decide on a location.

On 3/24/2020 at 9:23 AM, JBiGGiE said:

Personally I don't see why we still need Parker Hall... 🙄

Parker is still there!? Hell I graduated in 2010 and it was supposed to be gone within 2 years of that.

45 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Soooooooooooooooooo...

We don't know a location yet...

We don't have any type of digital renderings yet...

and we hired the same people who made the largely "meh" Harbert facility?
The pace in which this has been done is horrendous. We have been discussing this for over 3 years now.

I get if construction takes a while but the rest of this isn't incredibly difficult. Pull up a freaking map and decide on a location.

Well if gr82be sent his absolute genius idea over to Greene and Gus, case is closed. We have a plan and can start immediately. lol

And on the Parker Hall note, that place is a historical relic. Jordan Hare North will be bricked up before PHall is removed.

3 hours ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Well if gr82be sent his absolute genius idea over to Greene and Gus, case is closed. We have a plan and can start immediately. lol

And on the Parker Hall note, that place is a historical relic. Jordan Hare North will be bricked up before PHall is removed.

Actually I did not but thanks.:cheers:

Archived