Arkansas post game

Maverick.AU

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

You're not known in the posts I have read where humor is concerned.  Our personalities come through plain and simple.  Personally, I think I let some of my claws show in my response to you, which, though Tora is Japanese for TIGER, is not typical of me.  But desperate times call for desperate measures.  Timing is everything.  Your post showed its true colors for anyone with eyes and a memory to see.

Tora Tora Tora really good movie

Just now, augolf1716 said:

I've got to catch up with you and see it!  Something about tiger/surprise attack in the language...both may fit at times...:jossun:😂

9 minutes ago, Tiger said:

His snaps are all over the place too which hasn't been mentioned nearly enough around here

Because he's my Mancrush and I work very hard to quash bad stories on him. :beer2:

58 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I don’t even think Shivers will disappear. Joiner? Maybe, but DJ will obviously get more carries but I think Shivers will get a few more next game too. I mean did Kam even have a carry in the 2nd half?

Really? Shivers should get carries as the specialty guy on end arounds and such. He’s not a run it up the middle back - you gotta get him in space where he can hurt the D. His lack of size and strength showed today why he can’t do the in the middle stuff efficiently. Kam can do it a little because of his experience I guess but its clear that right now, D.J. and Joiner are the only guys we have to carry it up the middle with any success. Well, Miller did okay but we know he’s not necessarily the answer.

Kam did have a few carries in the 2nd that I remember. 

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

His snaps are all over the place too which hasn't been mentioned nearly enough around here

Our entire interior OL is a mess.

3 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I've got to catch up with you and see it!  Something about tiger/surprise attack in the language...both may fit at times...:jossun:😂

The tora of the title is the two-syllable Japanese codeword used to indicate that complete surprise had been achieved on the attack of Pearl Harbor

If Shivers had been given the toss that KMart had to break his long run, it would've been a TD.  We aren't using Shivers correctly. That said, he's not a sweep only back.

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Scared of the new Midway. Old one is a classic, if they Hollywood it up like they tried to do with Pearl Harbor blah.

Just now, augolf1716 said:

The tora of the title is the two-syllable Japanese codeword used to indicate that complete surprise had been achieved on the attack of Pearl Harbor

My second graders were I-RATE when I told them about the events surrounding December 7, 1941.  They love the Japanese quote...

Image result for i am afraid we have only awakened a sleeping giant

Just now, bigbird said:

If Shivers had been given the toss that KMart had to break his long run, it would've been a TD.  We aren't using Shivers correctly. That said, he's not a sweep only back.

Amen. That shotgun toss can be used to our advantage as well, with the QB keep option and play action. The fact that we saw it and then didn’t see it against UF worries me about Gus’ game plan in the big games

2 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Scared of the new Midway. Old one is a classic, if they Hollywood it up like they tried to do with Pearl Harbor blah.

That was god awful and agreed with the new Midway hope they don't skrew it up

4 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

My second graders were I-RATE when I told them about the events surrounding December 7, 1941.  They love the Japanese quote...

Image result for i am afraid we have only awakened a sleeping giant

That was a great quote by Yamamoto and he was correct

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That was a great quote by Yamamoto and he was correct

I’m glad to hear that young kids were actually interested. I thought all they cared about was fortnite 

2 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

No. He is right. I am trying  very hard to be in the middle of the "camps." There is snark all over your initial post plus your reply. You could have been fair and replicated the stereotypical sunshine pumpers' exaggerated comments or interpretation of the truth as well, but I noticed immediately that you didn't. This kind of response makes it impossible for most to enjoy a resounding win, no matter how many "trophies, likes, loves, and ha has" you get. Carry on.

P.S. NO ONE HERE "HATES" GUS. Nice try.

Out of reactions so..

IMG_2040.GIF

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:
21 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Great movie. 

The historic portion of the movie "Pearl Harbor" was actually pretty good as well.  Just have to overlook the Hollywood stuff thrown in.

Also, you see where there's a new version of "Midway" opening soon.  ....just not sure if it's going to be historically accurate or Hollywood revisionist history. 

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Thank you Tora.

I, too, am trying to set aside my feelings of the current administration (not always successful) until after the regular season and simply keep it "middle of the road" and enjoy the good things while trying to NOT overreact to the bad.

However, regardless of the attitudes of the "bashers" at least, for the most part, they are at least talking football whether the "pumpers" like their opinions or not.  Unfortunately, so many of the sunshine squad don't even post relevant football info.  They're just here to police the board and bully/shame those who share their dissenting views.  It's like today's politics....ugh!!

If a pumper disagrees with a hater's opinion, how 'bout post some info to support your position instead of just PERSONALLY trashing other posters with your (*GASP*-IRONY ALERT) Hate & Negativity.  It's called discussion and quite often those back & forth's are the most informative & entertaining.  

You know what's NOT entertaining?  Personal attacks on other posters, negativity veiled as "sunshine", passive aggressive attacks instead of being honest & direct, false use of "facts" & statistics, and cowards puffing up their chests behind the safety of the keyboard.

You too 72. Y'all are preaching today.

IMG_2041.GIF

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

You too 72. Y'all are preaching today.

IMG_2041.GIF

Outta Likes, so...

38c981be250636e6a391ff6cbc6b0820.jpg

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Thank you Tora.

I, too, am trying to set aside my feelings of the current administration (not always successful) until after the regular season and simply keep it "middle of the road" and enjoy the good things while trying to NOT overreact to the bad.

However, regardless of the attitudes of the "bashers" at least, for the most part, they are at least talking football whether the "pumpers" like their opinions or not.  Unfortunately, so many of the sunshine squad don't even post relevant football info.  They're just here to police the board and bully/shame those who share their dissenting views.  It's like today's politics....ugh!!

If a pumper disagrees with a hater's opinion, how 'bout post some info to support your position instead of just PERSONALLY trashing other posters with your (*GASP*-IRONY ALERT) Hate & Negativity.  It's called discussion and quite often those back & forth's are the most informative & entertaining.  

You know what's NOT entertaining?  Personal attacks on other posters, negativity veiled as "sunshine", passive aggressive attacks instead of being honest & direct, false use of "facts" & statistics, and cowards puffing up their chests behind the safety of the keyboard.

72 with the:

AB1D0E84-A766-4B87-8D3D-9FE6A2090C80.gif

There’s a new Midway movie coming out. When? I’ve watched the old one so many times that my wife says she has it memorized just from the times she’s walked by when I’ve had it on.

BTW there is a debate among historians regarding that famous Yamamoto quote. As I understand it the consensus is that he never actually said it although it does accurately capture his opinion regarding fighting the US.

Archived