Malzahn on Ole Miss win

aubiefifty

2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Same here, brother! Love to Sonya and your girls! Extra hour of sleep most welcome!!

Love to you and yours too.  Thank you, as always, for your kindness and God bless!

6 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Yassss! Our home-away-from-home! Some of the bags did have some leftover beans from shipping, actually...

20190725_200152.jpg

Your student to teacher ratio is good. I counted the chairs. Is this a private school?

Honest question: do we have audio of this? Is the "they" an accurate quote, or was that the writer paraphrasing?

Probably going to get jumped on for saying so, but it may be premature to pile on (at least for that particular thing). The entire list of things looks like shorthand, so I don't think that they're verbatim quotes.

Edit: actually, looking at it further, I see quotation marks around direct quotes, but none around the "they" statement. I'm willing to wager 50 bucks to someone's favorite charity that it's a paraphrase, and he didn't intimate that it was the offenses fault or throw someone under the bus.

6 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Your student to teacher ratio is good. I counted the chairs. Is this a private school?

21 little learners...Pike Road Elementary...I am very blessed. A new, five-year-old public school system...lots of student and teacher voice and well-worth the commute. 

3 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

21 little learners...Pike Road Elementary...I am very blessed. A new, five-year-old public school system...lots of student and teacher voice and well-worth the commute. 

I was a administrator for 10 years, in a private school. Our student teacher ration was 20 to 1. We killed the ACTs. We had really good teachers. I'm sure you are a good one. Everyone in our church, home-schools now. P.S. I was also the high school basketball coach. LOL

4 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Pike Road? Troy area?

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

I was a administrator for 10 years, in a private school. Our student teacher ration was 20 to 1. We killed the ACTs. We had really good teachers. I'm sure you are a good one. Everyone in our church, home-schools now.

Thank you so much; it's a calling, and I surely try! It's definitely a trend to homeschool for some very excellent reasons. I'm in a very good situation...

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

Pike Road? Troy area?

Just past Eastchase, heading toward Auburn...but you are right...I think that is how the community got its name...

Just now, ToraGirl said:

Thank you so much; it's a calling, and I surely try! It's definitely a trend to homeschool for some very excellent reasons. I'm in a very good situation...

Privately funded schools, always suffer financially. Briarwood probably doesn't. People wouldn't pay their school bills. We finally closed and went the home-school route. 

Just now, ToraGirl said:

Just past Eastchase, heading toward Auburn...but you are right...I think that is how the community got its name...

One of the stores I call on at work is Troy plus Troy is where my degree comes from. We actually lived in Montgomery for a year a while back. South Alabama...home sweet home...

4 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

One of my sisters is a teacher in Georgia. Actually now she is an assistant principal. I appreciate the heck out of teachers. Thank you for all you do!

Just now, Farmer Brown said:

Privately funded schools, always suffer financially. Briarwood probably doesn't. People wouldn't pay their school bills. We finally closed and went the home-school route. 

That had to have been so tough. You landed and now you are thriving. Seasons are very, very real, but God always takes care of His own. 

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

One of my sisters is a teacher in Georgia. Actually now she is an assistant principal. I appreciate the heck out of teachers. Thank you for all you do!

You're welcome! And thank you!  It's incredible to be part of the "mother of all professions," It's surely a new adventure every day! 

2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

You're welcome! And thank you!  It's incredible to be part of the "mother of all professions," It's surely a new adventure every day! 

I admire what yall do. A lot of teachers had a huge impact on me and I see what they do for my kids. You really don’t get enough credit! 

29 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Honest question: do we have audio of this? Is the "they" an accurate quote, or was that the writer paraphrasing?

Probably going to get jumped on for saying so, but it may be premature to pile on (at least for that particular thing). The entire list of things looks like shorthand, so I don't think that they're verbatim quotes.

Edit: actually, looking at it further, I see quotation marks around direct quotes, but none around the "they" statement. I'm willing to wager 50 bucks to someone's favorite charity that it's a paraphrase, and he didn't intimate that it was the offenses fault or throw someone under the bus.

this says “we”

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I don't know if that was his intent but any time a coach says "they" instead of "we/us" or "I" then it leads me to believe that they're trying to pass the blame to someone else. Good coaches, IMO, blame themselves first and look at what he/she can do better rather than saying the team had "opportunities they failed to seize".

Look at the brains on T!

Archived