Austin Wiley Legends Tourney MVP

tigerman1186

If Auburn can get the same output from Austin throughout the season, we're going to be tough to beat....his free throw shooting has vastly improved and this will allow him to remain in the game during crunch time. (I wished the others would improve their free throw shooting)....congrats on being selected MVP and being the 'MAN' in the lane...

I might have gone with Doughty as the MVP over Wiley but both played some great ball and were key reasons for our wins so no complaints here on the choice. Really this entire senior class that we have has just been way beyond my expectations this season. Every one was a role player last year and every one of them have taken their games to the next level now that they are starters. That is a really hard thing to do and the fact that all 5 of our seniors have done this is pretty remarkable. Major kudos to the players themselves for continuing to work hard and to the coaching staff for keeping the players dialed in. 

I mean we have Wiley gobbling up rebounds and taking the ball to rim with authority. We have Javon distributing the ball, playing under control, and limiting turnovers. We have Purifoy playing killer defense knocking down shots from outside and scoring the ball at the basket. We have Mac coming off the bench now and playing with the heart he always has...no let down at all from him when coming off the bench. Then Doughty.....to defer to Harper, Brown, and Okeke like he did last season and then step up and be THE MAN this year just shows what a great team player he is. 

I love being in the conversation for all these 5 stars but i hope we don't stop getting guys like the 5 seniors we have on this team. To watch them grow over the last 4 seasons to where they are now has been a joy!  

• ellitor changed the title to Austin Wiley Legends Tourney MVP
1 minute ago, fredst said:

Better entry passing into the post and his offensive numbers can be really good. His defense and rebounding already are.....

Thank you. People will see it....just take a little time. I'm trying to get my protege @Tiger the gift so he can show the board when I hang it up

Very happy for Wiley and AU. He was the 1st local big timer to come to AU to play for Coach Pearl. It has not been a smooth, easy deal for Wiley while at AU.  I hope this year works out really well for him. If it does, we will be a very good team.

6 hours ago, gravejd said:

I might have gone with Doughty as the MVP over Wiley but both played some great ball and were key reasons for our wins so no complaints here on the choice. Really this entire senior class that we have has just been way beyond my expectations this season. Every one was a role player last year and every one of them have taken their games to the next level now that they are starters. That is a really hard thing to do and the fact that all 5 of our seniors have done this is pretty remarkable. Major kudos to the players themselves for continuing to work hard and to the coaching staff for keeping the players dialed in. 

I mean we have Wiley gobbling up rebounds and taking the ball to rim with authority. We have Javon distributing the ball, playing under control, and limiting turnovers. We have Purifoy playing killer defense knocking down shots from outside and scoring the ball at the basket. We have Mac coming off the bench now and playing with the heart he always has...no let down at all from him when coming off the bench. Then Doughty.....to defer to Harper, Brown, and Okeke like he did last season and then step up and be THE MAN this year just shows what a great team player he is. 

I love being in the conversation for all these 5 stars but i hope we don't stop getting guys like the 5 seniors we have on this team. To watch them grow over the last 4 seasons to where they are now has been a joy!  

I think Doughty needs to be less selfish with his shots.  He has improved with his shooting but needs to be more efficient.  Some of his drives he had a bad shot and guys open who had clean shots to take.  That’s one thing Harper did really well was he knew when to distribute and when to shoot it himself.  

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I think Doughty needs to be less selfish with his shots.  He has improved with his shooting but needs to be more efficient.  Some of his drives he had a bad shot and guys open who had clean shots to take.  That’s one thing Harper did really well was he knew when to distribute and when to shoot it himself.  

The comparison here should be Samir to Bryce, rather than Samir to Jared. He definitely has better vision than the former 

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The comparison here should be Samir to Bryce, rather than Samir to Jared. He definitely has better vision than the former 

Well I thought about that but Bryce sometimes would force shots as well, so that is why I went with Jared. 

Happy for Wiley and he did play well in the tourney, rebounding and holding down the interior. 

glad to see him recognized after the journey he’s had. 

I am tickled that that Wiley won it and the only complaint anybody has is that maybe another Auburn player might have also deserved it. Bottom line is the top two players in the tourney were from Auburn.

Love it! This should be a big time confidence booster for big Austin. I'm hoping this can be the start of something big for him. 

Archived