2010-2019: What a Decade!

AUFriction

First of all, watch the video. It’s incredible.

But beyond that, I thought we could post our favorite Auburn moments of the decade, whether it be clips, plays, or games.

Of course, these two top everyone’s list, so let’s focus on that next best moment:

For AU it's been the best of times and the worst of times.  Outside of 2010 and 2013 it's been pretty meh.  However I think the highs have made a generation or two aware that AU can compete at the highest level.  This is ultimately a good thing.  As those who lived under the reign of bear pass from this earth it's my hope that the next generation of leadership will hold coaches accountable for consistent success.  Auburn is a sleeping giant.

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Here’s mine:

I was a student at the time, and I was out in that mess with everyone else.

Not this decade, lol.

2010 > 2013 > 2017 > 2019 > 2014 and 2016 > 2018 > 2015* > 2011 > 2012

*Yes I know we had a worse record, but 2011 was the luckiest team ever. They were godawful for the most part.

31 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Not this decade, lol.

2010 > 2013 > 2017 > 2019 > 2014 and 2016 > 2018 > 2015* > 2011 > 2012

*Yes I know we had a worse record, but 2011 was the luckiest team ever. They were godawful for the most part.

Fail on my part. That was 2009. I’ll go with this one then. I was right in front of where he entered the endzone.

2010 by far the most memorable. That was my last year of grad school so it was even more special than it turned out to be.

2013 of course was great. 2017 had its moments. I’ve always looked back fondly on the 2014 season even though we faded down the stretch, that was a damn good team that could hang with anyone, offensively speaking (exception the UGA game that still doesn’t make any sense to me) Highlight of that year was the Ole Miss game that I attended. Awesome game, good tailgating, and a lot of salt from the ole miss fans that night.

If I were to rank the top 10 moments of the 2010s, it’d probably be as follows:

10: 2019 Oregon win/comeback

9: 2017 Iron Bowl (Kick Ass)

8: 2019 Iron Bowl

7: 2013 SEC Championship game

6: 2010 SEC Championship game

5: 2017 UGA beatdown

4: Miracle at Jordan Hare

3: 2010 Iron Bowl Camback

2: Kick Six

1: BCS National Championship game 2011

Honorable Mentions:

2010 LSU game

2014 Ole Miss

2013 Texas A&M

2018 Washington

2014 LSU

Tre Mason's last TD run in the BCSCG was a moment and feeling I will never forget. I thought we had just won our 2nd Natty in 4 years...a dynasty in the making....

It was followed by another moment and feeling that unfortunately I will also, never forget.

15 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Tre Mason's last TD run in the BCSCG was a moment and feeling I will never forget. I thought we had just won our 2nd Natty in 4 years...a dynasty in the making....

It was followed by another moment and feeling that unfortunately I will also, never forget.

I remember feeling like we scored to fast, and hated being right on that one. 

21 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Loved Tre Mason. We never had a kid that played harder. I was sitting behind the team at the 2013 title game. After the team ran out onto the field, before the game, Tre sprinted past the bench, and ran to where I was sitting on the front row. He flexed and yelled. Then gave me a high five before sprinting back to the team.  

35 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I remember feeling like we scored to fast, and hated being right on that one. 

Says something nice about Tre when his biggest flaw was that he scored too fast. But yeah, I truly, truly wish he had gone down at the 1 yard line. I knew we were toast the moment he scored.

2013 TAMU was such a high for me. After the 42 point beatdown we endured in 2012, coming back and taking down Manziel in Aggieland...it was something out of a Disney movie.

Unfortunately, the flip side to that was the 2014 game. Thinking about it makes me feel both angry and physically sick. Still my most hated game ever.

Too bad all the Auburn-A&M games since have been fairly forgettable. The way those first three meetings went, it had all the makings of a hot new SEC rivalry.

Kick Six...what can I say that hasn't already been said about this game? IMO, the leadup was every bit as fun and exciting as the game itself. Somehow, even after the NC, I don't think I've ever experienced something that felt so HUGE like that game did.

Also I know this is the football forum, but I feel basketball deserves a mention--best season in school history. Crazy, crazy decade all around.

2013 was a fabulous year, from start to finish.  I blame the NC game on the times keeper.  He stopped the clock one second too early on 13 different plays.  If he had stopped the clock correctly, we win.

Archived