Bowl Season is Underway

AU64

Where do they keep digging up these announcers? Dude kept saying how Louisville was a major turnaround team. They got blown out by a Kentucky team that doesn't have a QB, blown out by Miami!, and beat a terrible Miss. State by ten points. Geez.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I know wins and losses don’t back me up but I’m still not sold on Mullen.  Similar to Gus it was the defense that made Florida so good this year.  Mullen tried to give away the game against Auburn.  The Miami game was really bad.  I feel like he’s lucky more than he is good which as the saying goes may work in his favor.  I do hope he keeps Kirby in check.

Let Mullen upgrade the talent at FL, and get an elite QB. Then we'll see. The product he's been able to put on the field with Trask at QB has been pretty dadgum remarkable .

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Where do they keep digging up these announcers? Dude kept saying how Louisville was a major turnaround team. They got blown out by a Kentucky team that doesn't have a QB, blown out by Miami!, and beat a terrible Miss. State by ten points. Geez.

2-10 to 8-5.

5 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Where do they keep digging up these announcers?

With roughly 300 bowl games, the announcer roster deteriorates pretty fast.

For the orange jersey fans if you squint your eyes while watching Virginia tonight you can almost imagine it's Auburn. Not a terrible look at all. 

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

For the orange jersey fans if you squint your eyes while watching Virginia tonight you can almost imagine it's Auburn. Not a terrible look at all. 

Careful friend, careful. 

31 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I’ll never root for Mullen no matter what conference it is 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I keep thinking I'm watching the Miami Hurricanes.  Except that UVA is playing pretty well that is...

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

I keep thinking I'm watching the Miami Hurricanes.  Except that UVA is playing pretty well that is...

I don't mind if Virginia wins. I used to like Florida until Mullen got there. Hope the lose tonight. 

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I don't mind if Virginia wins. I used to like Florida until Mullen got there. Hope the lose tonight. 

No disagreement here.  Don't care if a Mullen coached team loses every game.  Well, unless Mullen winds up at AU some day in which case "Go Mullen, go!" 😎

If that is Dan Mullen's son, he is adorable...and he looks super uncomfortable...bless him! 

25 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Its a shame we couldnt beat this florida team. They really dont look very good even after a full season under their belt.

Their place. AU had a freshman QB who did not have his best game.  I understand the loss. Don't like it, but understand it.

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Their place. AU had a freshman QB who did not have his best game.  I understand the loss. Don't like it, but understand it.

Yup it was going to happen. The Swamp truly is a brutal place--between Nix to Sanders and the Byrum Chomp, we lost four straight there by an average of 25 points. One of the many reasons the latter is still my all-time favorite game.

Wish we got Florida and Missouri in swapped spots.

24 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yup it was going to happen. The Swamp truly is a brutal place--between Nix to Sanders and the Byrum Chomp, we lost four straight there by an average of 25 points. One of the many reasons the latter is still my all-time favorite game.

Wish we got Florida and Missouri in swapped spots.

Ditto!

I see on my football TV schedule that bama has a game tomorrow.  Is that true?   Michigan....right ?  :dunno:

BUT....I've seen or heard nothing about the game this week.....do you think anyone will be on the bama side of the field?.....and will bama have enough players to field a team?     Strange that a  match-up that was made for a " national TV audience" has so little national interest.   

Archived