Dabo taking some heat past 2 days.

GwillMac6

Screenshot_20200602-172327.png

Screenshot_20200602-172203.png

National media is taking it to him.

Screenshot_20200602-173457.png

Screenshot_20200602-173439.png

just wow. anyone know who the coach was?

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

I'm very curious as well. Said coach could also not be on staff there anymore as well.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'm very curious as well. Said coach could also not be on staff there anymore as well.

Some dude named Pearman.

Incident happened in 2017.  

Clemson assistant coach Danny Pearman apologized Tuesday after word spread on social media of an incident in which he used a racial slur during a practice in 2017.

After several former Clemson players noted the incident Tuesday on Twitter, former tight end D.J. Greenlee confirmed an account to The State newspaper in which Pearman, the tight ends and special-teams coach, overheard players using the term and repeated it himself.

"It was just a heated argument during practice, basically. Me and the coach got into it, and I was speaking with one of my teammates. He heard me use the N-word, basically, and basically tried to correct me by saying the N-word back," Greenlee told The State.

Pearman, who coached with Dabo Swinney at Alabama before joining the Clemson staff in December 2008, offered an apology in a statement from the school after Greenlee confirmed the incident.

"Three years ago on the practice field, I made a grave mistake involving D.J. Greenlee. I repeated a racial slur I overheard when trying to stop the word from being used on the practice field. What I overheard, I had no right to repeat," Pearman said in the statement.

Pearman said the word was not directed at Greenlee, an account the former player confirmed in his interview with The State, noting that Pearman "wasn't saying that I was a N-word."

According to the players, Pearman never directly apologized to the team for it.

EDIT: This is completely false, as pointed out further down thread. Apologies to all. 

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

According to the players, Pearman never directly apologized to the team for it.

According to the player involved (DJ Greenlee)...

Pearman “apologized the rest of that season,” Greenlee said. And the Clemson assistant coach issued a statement of apology Tuesday night, calling his remarks to Greenlee a “grave mistake.”

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article243211211.html

3 minutes ago, TigerCatcher said:

According to the player involved (DJ Greenlee)...

Pearman “apologized the rest of that season,” Greenlee said. And the Clemson assistant coach issued a statement of apology Tuesday night, calling his remarks to Greenlee a “grave mistake.”

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article243211211.html

Thanks much. I hope I haven't repeated my bad info in too many places. Apologies to Pearman and anyone else besides yourself who paid any attention to my prior comments on it!

Thanks again for the correction.

Archived